General Fiction posted February 13, 2020 Chapters:  ...5 6 -7- 8... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
twenty ways to die

A chapter in the book Twenty ways to die

Happily, after

by Iza Deleanu


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

When they got married they promised each other that will live happily ever after… Indeed, he kept his promised, he made sure he lived happily ever after… outside marriage. She never knew why, so she tried to live in his shadow. She made a promise in the church, and she thought that at least one of them should be showing God, that what He put together will not fall apart.

She tried to be supportive of the family image, but in time the image faded as their wedding portrait and the vows. The family myth started to be a burden for him. The mistress demanded more of his time and wanted Tom full time. Ashamed one day he told her about his affair. Broken hearted she thanked him for his honesty and asked for two weeks, so she can move out. Kriss, that was her name, told him that she doesn’t want anything from his house. She will take  only the cat, because she knew he will not take care of her.

Tom couldn’t believe his luck. He will get a chance to live happily ever after with the mistress. Kriss asked him before closing the door to their lives: Please don’t ever get married again. Just fly if this is your wish, but don’t break another heart … is not fair for the other members of the family.

God in his greatness found her an apartment right away, and with a good rent price. She made the arrangements with her coworkers to move on the 17th of August. Tom offered to rent a van and help her carry her things. Saddly she said: Thank you, but this is my broken life and I will be the one to take it out of your hands. Starting with today I am not your responsibility, but I will be returning to my Father’s care. I wish you all the happiness in the world. I forgive you!

Next morning, Tom woke up and looked as usual to his left side where she used to sleep with the cat. But the spot was empty. Suddenly he felt … abandoned and cold. He started pacing back and forth, wondering what just happened. He looked at her picture and realized that for eleven years he chased happiness outside his home in the arms of strangers, forgetting that his life and happiness was inside this home that now was just an empty spot.

 In the afternoon he met with his mistress. Tom looked at her and felt like seeing her for the first time. He didn’t like what he saw; without make -up she was so ordinary and vulgar. Tom couldn’t understand what he saw in her before. Kriss was one million times more beautiful and intelligent. He missed her sparkling personality and her faith in God. In every bad thing she always tried to find a positive outcome.

Tom told his mistress that he made a mistake and that he doesn’t want to see her again. The mistress started to scream: That bitch made you return to her. I LOVE YOU, I can live without you!

Tom stopped for a second and trembling realized one thing.  His wife, out of love, freed him and let him pursue his dream, which now was his worse nightmare. Tom returned to their home. He was home early, which was a first for eleven years. He remembered how worried Kriss was when he was not phoning her to tell her that he will be late. She waited from him patiently for these years never saying a bad word. God send him an Angel, and he let that Angel go.

He wanted to call her, but she changed her number.  Tom really wanted to see her and apologize, he wanted a second chance. He never told their family that he and Kriss went separate ways. Finally, he called one of her friends. Hi, Suzanne, do you have Kriss's number? I really need to talk to her

Hi Tom, how are you?

I am not good. I need to talk to her.

I am so sorry Tom, but you can.

I can’t? Why?

Kriss… is not with us anymore. Two weeks ago, she called me from her new apartment and asked me to take care of the cat, because she is not feeling well. By the time I arrived there, in front of her apartment was an ambulance.

What? Is Kriss ok?

No, Tom, she is not, or maybe she finally is at peace now.

What do you mean?

She died Tom. Kriss died of broken heart. For the past two weeks, she refused to eat or drink, she just wanted to disappear from this world. And finally, she succeeded.

Tom let go of the phone and open the window and jumped. From the corner of his eyes, he saw his wife beaming at him. Kriss I promised you ever after, I am coming, my Love.

In one corner DEATH was laughing: Idiots, what about the cat?
 
 

 




I am so sorry this chapter is very sad... twenty ways to die
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.