General Fiction posted February 5, 2020 Chapters: 3 4 -5- 6... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
kill the green

A chapter in the book Twenty ways to die

Greenman, peace man

by Iza Deleanu


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.

Walter was an agitator. His profession, can you guess? He is was paid to go and protest. Sometimes it paid twice on the same day, once for the opposition party the second time for the party in power.
 
For him to be paid, sometimes it was a must to end in front of cameras. That’s when he was the Man of the Day! Today, he supposed to protest for impeding the construction of a pipeline in a reserve area. He had the signs and had memorized his speech.
 
Do you think he will walk to the protest?  Oh, no brother, he did enjoy the products of that pipeline… so he drove and park somewhere close to the staged scene. He supposed to lead the protestor crew; after all, he was a pro. 
 
Finally, he parked, and as he was going towards the protestor stand, something strange happened. He saw his friend Gerry, who was usually part of his crew. He saw him on the other side. He had no clue that Gerry today was paid to play the aggressor's side - paid by the same people that paid him to protest the pipeline. Confused, he pretended that he didn’t know Gerry and started doing his usual rounds. 
 
Gerry jumps the chain and hits Walter in the head with a rock on which was written:” Peace, mother fucker!” Walter tumbled on the ground, the rest of his crew stumping on top of him screaming: fight, fight!

With his face on the ground, Walter thought: “What a dumb way to die! Crushed by your own buddies. Justice has been served!”

                                 ****
Gerry left Walter behind. Today was the day when he would finally get the money for that dream vacation. Happy, he  jumped in his vehicle and start driving. Now he was driving on the high way speeding up to 100 kilometers per hour.

Suddenly his car starts to sputter and move in circles. He notices that he runs out of gas. A big truck that was following him very close hit Gerry's car in full blast. He was pronounced dead on the spot. What an irony to be protesting paid by the anti-pipe organization and die because of lack of gas!
 
                                  *****
                              Green Peace

Jessica is part of the Green Peace organization. Where there is something to protest, she jumps in the plane, and here she goes. Jessica loves her job, always on the move, enjoying the nature. She enjoys a happy and luxurious life. I guess Green Peace has enough funds to give her bonuses and magic trips to tropical islands. 
 
Today she must fly to Brazil. The government wants to cut some trees in RIO to make a place for a new luxurious hotel. There were ten people in her international crew, and they have to do the usual: chain to a tree, screaming in front of the camera, and then back to the hotel to enjoy a spa day.

Jessica meets in the lobby Julien, Samantha, and Mara that are coming from Germany. They became best friends ten years ago. Together they take a cab to the place. 
Jason is already there and chained to one tree. Jessica and the Germans are taking their gear from the back of the taxi. Laughing, they chain each other to the trees. Jessica, because was the Boss, take all the keys and secure them in her pocket and finally chains herself to the last tree. What she didn’t notice was a massive nest of Maricopa harvester ants that were half asleep now.

Finally, the TV crew is here, that's when Jessica's people start their usual: Save the planet! Save the trees! A few minutes later, the Police arrives and try to convince them to detach from the trees.

Jessica starts chanting her slogans, but her voice is louder than usual. As she shouts, she tries to move her hands for dramatic effect, the chain begins to vibrate.

What happened next is not hard to guess. The ants awakened starts crawling towards her. The first one lands on her neck, she feels a bit but ignores it. Then the second one crawls on her back and then the entire colony. In seconds she is covered in ants, paralyzed she can’t move, so she stays chained to the tree.

Jason tree have a nest of hornets, when the Police started to shoot fire on the ants’ nest, some flames jumped to the hornet nest.  The angry insects jump from their home attacking blindly on sight.

 Mara’s tree caught fire, and Samantha’s tree was invaded by poisonous snakes. Julien encountered a tarantula. In the end, they all died twice, once bitten by the friendly nature creatures and second purified by fire. No matter how much this job pays, I am staying away, too much poisonous love from nature.
 

                                 *****

                          Dora and Diego

It was just a coincidence that her name was Dora and her husband's Diego. They were both explorers. Dora was a lepidopterist, you know that girl that was chasing butterflies all over the world. Diego was a herpetologist; probably in his youth, this boy was a snake charmer.

They decided this year to take a break and enjoy the summer. They took a trip to Africa in a resort that was doing agro-tourism. The explorers stayed and enjoyed the resort for a couple of days, but they got bored.

Dora told Diego that she heard about an unusual and rare butterfly in the nearest forest and that she will go to check it out. Early the next morning, our scientists took their research tools and stepped in the mystical tropical forest. There were lots of butterflies flying around, but Dora couldn't identify the one she was searching for, the N'gwa. Finally, she saw one that was fitting the description. Looking up after the butterfly forgot to watch her steps and fall into a net. She found herself hanging in the air, thinking: that's how a butterfly feels when I catch them. Crap! It is not pleasant. She starts screaming: Diego, Deigo help me, please!

Diego who was distracted and walking with his nose in the bushes didn't notice his wife flying. He heard her scream but didn't see her. Panicking starts searching for her in the nearest forest. He finally decided to look up, and there she was suspended in a net ten feet above the ground.

Rushing towards her, he never noticed the cover hole under the tree. Inside the hole were lots of rudimentary spears. People do need to eat here, so traps are not unusual. Diego died instantly! Dora continued to scream, but nobody hears her. She died days later of dehydration. Nobody search for them, because the hotel personal was used to the crazy scientist that was disappearing for days searching for the next extinct species.

 Mama Africa .... what an idiotic and romantic way to die: the princess in the net, and the prince fishing at her feet.
 
 
 
 

 




Chapter five in the saga. Thank you for your patience and for reading. Nine tragic death.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.