Humor Fiction posted January 31, 2020 Chapters:  ...7 8 -9- 10... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
is horror for me

A chapter in the book The Book of Retirement

Life Expectancy

by Iza Deleanu


What is the return on investment when you retire? I think is zero, since you can afford too much and must live within the limits. These limits are marked up, because you are the citizen zero, le cretin. You are the idiot that is paying taxes. That idiot that gets screwed up every time there is an election.

The twit must take it all in the name of democracy, because the fellow nincompoops don't vote with their minds but with their butts. And that is how you end up with the good looking and good for nothing... guy, that is taking away the little something you put aside for black days; aka retirement years and not Black Fridays.

Do you know what's your life expectancy? What if you retire after you are executing your official years? Well my friend, it's the same as the rate on investment. If you are lucky maybe you will live another six months, and this only if you have been a good kid and you have eating your veggies, or you have been born before Chernobyl.

 Tomfool gets to enjoy his pension for six months max. What can you do in six months if you compare yourself with the guys who never worked? Well the regular Joe don't need six months to get stoned and drunken, in this area, he was born retiree. So, he got his regular pension as his birth right.

But you, Mr. Ignorant, in this month you can only execute the first part of the retirement project: planning. You are planning how to spend your life outside work. And no worries, wife has a plan already. Tom you will have to paint the house, no more excuses! Now you have all the time in the world to do it!

Oh, boy, if you thought that you live in a democracy when you retire, think again. You are changing the work regime for ...wife's regime. My bride is originally from a communist country, so she knows how to create a dictatorship. Believe me, that country is not Cuba, where everything is caliente, she comes for the one where you need extreme survival skills to make it, so is more like Eins Zwei Polizei!

With Mr. Cancer and other deadly diseases what's the life expectancy? When you are born, there is no guarantee that you are going to make it. Apparently according to the government, we are living too long anyway, because of the medical treatments, to which you don't have access, the life expectancy was pushed over one hundred years. 

You don't have to take my rant for it, here is an official comment:" When the Canada Pension Plan came into effect in 1965, life expectancy was just shy of 72 years. Canadians could thus expect six or seven years of public pension benefits before moving on to their greater reward. Since that time, however, tremendous improvements in health care and geriatric medicine have pushed life expectancy to 82 while the traditional retirement remains stuck at 65, creating an extra decade of leisure", as Peter Shawn Taylor says in his article from Feb1, 2019 - The retirement age in Canada is too low -- and that's a growing problem.

Wow retiring it's a leisure. What the heck, you work as a dog and when you want to have sometimes to think about yourself, you can't because good life it's a leisure, so you better have a seizure and be done with it! 

Do you know how the wise men are solving this issue? Well, shortening the expectancy... the life expectancy of course. Spread the joy ... with genetical modified foods, new artificial viruses, for which you blame everything that flies and swims in the world; oh, yeah, let's not forget the over medication that makes you a zombie in disguise, and you can add as bonus the other opioids that take you to La La Land in no time. So, there you go, no rest for the wicked.

Moreover, if you live in a country with free health care system- you are free to die! You think I am exaggerating: I lost two best friends because of this freebie principle. They both went to emergency numerous times, and they were sent home because they were kind of old and is normal to be sick. Then after six months of playing tango, finally, one of the doctors decided to do an MRI, and guess what: lung cancer stage 4.  Do you think there was any compassionate care?

Nope! They meet with the wife and gave her a list with the best places for ... funerals. Yup, that's right the retirement home, that one, the forever one! One year later, same story. She went for test for 6 month and then on New Year Eve she passed away. Guess what was waiting in her mail box? A beautiful letter with the results -- leukemia. To late sucker! I cheat it! I got bored waiting and decide to go on my terms. What it's sad is that, for her urneral/BBQ (aka urn ,the kids couldn't afford a proper funeral), from a company of 300 people for who she was doing accounting, only six people showed up to say good bye.  Two of each have left the company two years before.

So, what's your value? I guess zero. Pay taxes and die, because according to the statistics the life expectancy went up and you can retiree comfortable on the forever home before fifty. Hell, or Heaven, this will depend on your deeds.

 Am I crazy not to wish to retire before that? The reality beats the statistics, tomorrow I might not be around, so why not enjoy as it last.


 




Horror Writing Contest contest entry


Bibliography:
https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/the-retirement-age-in-canada-is-too-low-and-thats-a-growing-problem/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48xlSIXSF4g
As usual thank you for reading and please, I know I have lots of grammatical errors, please help me to correct them. I am third hand English writer. I know it might not be horror in the traditional view of the genre, but for me this subject is...horror
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.