Writing Non-Fiction posted January 25, 2020


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Sport and music promoting school and work

NBA, Run DMC, education-work

by LittleIrishman

More young people, those who are disadvantaged, and people in general are being taught to realise how education and work are such important elements of a person's life.

It is all about staying out of trouble, living better lives, and putting proper things into one's mind-body-spirit connection. This includes keeping away from or deciding to leave vices and addictions like crime and wrong behaviour, direct and indirect prostitution, substance and drugs abuse, and gambling.

In America, the National Basketball Association (NBA), and influential African-American rappers-singers, Run DMC, have been groups who have positively supported this approach, using their elite sport, and star and celebrity status to influence people.

Some years ago, the NBA had writing printed on the back of spectator chairs at teams' homeground stadiums stating, 'Staying in School'.

Run DMC's most popular song, 'It's Like That', had two very important lines:

- You could have gone to school, you could have learned a trade, but you laid in the bed where the bums have laid, now every time you're crying that you are underpaid.
- So listen up homeboy give this a thought, the next time someone's teaching why don't you get taught.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LittleIrishman All rights reserved.
LittleIrishman has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.