General Fiction posted January 21, 2020 Chapters: 1 2 -3- 4... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a man retirement dream

A chapter in the book The Book of Retirement

His Retirement

by Iza Deleanu


My husband’s dream of retirement:
  1. Win the lottery and retire early
  2. Find an exotic island
  3. Buy a house
  4. Finance his research
  5. Adopt lots of cats
In between, he will drive me nuts, because I will end up taking care of the cats and watching the house when he is away. So, no retirement for me, brother. Then knowing him, he will want just to stay on the island, and as you know, too much paradise can make your life a living hell. Probably I will do my usual, cooking, cleaning sea sighting and whatever you do on an island. He will do whatever retired professors do: sleep, eat and walk. For sure, there will be no Netflix here, so he will have to come up with something new to help him…sleep.

            I will finally get down to my writing and let the inspiration take me to unknown realms and civilization. Sorry for going Stark Trek on you. It's time for me to jump in the ocean and cool this dream.

      Probably I will end up with a new role: the watching hawk for my cats and his Majesty. However, I will be the bad guy of this story, because I will want some order in that blissful paradise. I guess this could be one of the retirement scenarios that I envision for him.

 




Thank you for reading, and as always any grammar corrections are welcome. If you are curious what is all this retirement fuss about you can take a pick at chapter 1 and 2. There are still some rewards available.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.