General Fiction posted December 29, 2019 Chapters:  ...19 20 -21- 22... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Bea, Sweet Puppy & Doolie's brood follow Doolie

A chapter in the book Be Wee With Bea Part2

Going to Willow

by Liz O'Neill




Background
Bea & her two, become good friends with Doolie & her brood. They all, but Scruffles, follow Doolie to see where she is clandestinely going. More lessons are learned by Bea.
Led by the veteran sled dog, Sweet Puppy, Bea and Scruffles made frequent journies to the dumpster. Risking the danger of making new friends had benefited everyone. Bea reflected with the other two how difficult things had been before meeting Doolie the wise bear, and her puppies.

There was often a struggle to catch the decreasing number of fish in their river. The Bea mom worried her little ones were bored. She wished she could do more interesting activities with them. Scruffles, as you might imagine, didn't really care as long as he had a sunny spot on the ground.

They'd met new friends. It was wonderful to observe how much happier they were. The difference for Scruffles was while everyone was playing, he had discovered a delightful circle where the trees opened up. The sun warmed his day-long snoozing.

Doolie had shared how relieved she was. The infighting had been replaced by new interests. They were always together and had learned some of the Be Wee With Bea exercises. A few were strolling, brain or meditating, and talking to the Maker.

Doing their notice exercise, Benny, Zoe, Annie, Maddie, Sweet Puppy, and Bea agreed that Doolie was acting as if she were up to something. They decided to follow her. Maddie was about to do her routine longer-journey-climbing exercise. She'd heft herself, from Annie to Zoe, to Benny.

Look out for the investigation exercise, she would ride atop Bennie's head. Calling for stealthiness with absolute silence was easier with just three. Often a fuss with three more, Bea volunteered to carry Maddie. Not one of them had any idea where they might end up, nor how long it would take. Everyone's fears were growing.

Bea reassured them they did not have to go if they felt unsafe. They could call the whole mission off or just a few of them could go and report to any left behind. The consensus was everyone wanted to go.

Bea knew where Doolie was going. She could not figure out how Doolie even knew about that hidden, sacred place. How could Dooley have discovered it? Had she been followed on one of her strolling exercises? How dare she track a wee bear with problems.

Old feelings crept in. She's forgotten them for a while. Had she made a mistake to befriend Doolie? What would she do without her companion? Were she not a wee bear, she would have shown embarrassment.

Holding both Maddie and Annie, she did her humble exercise. All too often, when she was disapproving of someone, she found herself practicing the same unacceptable behavior. Upset that Doolie may have followed her, she was now following Doolie.

The other thought was, Doolie discovered this place during her own strolling exercise. Bea was reminded it was not always about her. Here she was ready to throw a wonderful friendship away and that was about her.

As they arrived where Bea knew they would end, she filled with guilt for even being there. It was not right to be eves-dropping. She should be happy Doolie had found her friend Willow, the compassionate tree.

She signaled everyone to turn back. There were stubborn, dismayed, and puzzled looks. Why had they traveled all this way without discussing or quarreling as they were wont to do? Didn't Bea know how extremely difficult the task of behaving was?







I'd like to acknowledge MoonWillow for such a striking picture. Willow is a representation of my working with children from abusive homes. They told me such terrible stories. They learned it was safe for them to express anger to or at me.
This is the 2nd book in the series Be Wee With Bea. Book One is available on Amazon and similar venues and on my webpage, www.beweewithbea.com ...I also have a fb page called be wee with bea. I'd love to have you check it out. You are invited to visit my portfolio on this FanStory site to catch up or sample other chapters. for such an appropriate picture. Sadly, everyone in this story with the exception of Tim aka Timothy the beaver and I aka Bea are still here. All of the animals have gone to the Rainbow Bridge or Bridge of Rainbows as Bea calls it. And Doolie, my former partner passed a year ago. And Sweet Puppy this January.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MoonWillow at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Liz O'Neill All rights reserved.
Liz O'Neill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.