General Fiction posted December 19, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Charity Doorway

Discipline

by heavenempress


Two days have gone by and force of nature was really coming violently against him. He expected it, only the degree was so acute. He knew the centre of his focus. The benefits were abundant, his faith reassured and if he could be strong till the dawn of the following night, his heart would be glad and victorious. He trained and prepared his mind for a week and resolved to embark on exercise with a composed heart.

Stomach complained, strength unreliable, heartbeat slowing down, breath reserved a little, yet the spirit was strong enough. The name continuously rang in his head, prayed, meditated, read the bible and refocused on the core of his intention. The light of faith shone brighter than ever. No pain, no gain. He visualized suffering with the poor, among them and sharing their plight.

He wondered the nights they spent without food, he, in turn, felt blessed. In his imagination, he placed himself among the beggars who may have failed to acquire a few notes to buy a day's meal. He felt the horrible, sympathy and compassionate calmed his passion for food. He resolved, got up, walked through the streets and gave up all he had in his pockets. The old lady who begged day by day smiled and gave the best thankful gesture of her life. With a humble attitude, he directed her thanks to God Almighty.

The spirit renewed, peace and joy trickling in, he was content. He felt blessed and with a low controlled hymn, he sang a song of praise to the Almighty. The spirit was above the flesh and felt raised to God. The troubles of life were temporarily disabled and no more thoughts of examination fever. He collected his books and disappeared into the bush. Nothing was to disturb him. He had completed the race well and desired the reward and if only the Almighty wills- his prayer might be acceptable through Christ.

And the moral of the story is that bodily- disciplined life is the first step towards charity.



Write a Modern Fable writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short fable-like story where the last sentence starts with: "And the moral of the story is". This can be on any subject, true or fictional, and can be in any voice, as long as the moral is stated in the last line. A new twist on an old fable is also allowed.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by seshadri_sreenivasan at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. heavenempress All rights reserved.
heavenempress has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.