Romance Non-Fiction posted November 19, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
In Memorium of a wonderful friend to the entire family

Waldo

by Jerome Goldberg


When our beloved Wheaton Terrier, Rags, died, we were devastated.

I really didn't want to get another dog. But, I knew our children needed one. Yes! I said "needed", not "wanted". Having a loving dog in the house is better than having a resident psychologist or clergy.

So I visited the local ASPCA and walked pass the long row of cages filled with abandoned dogs.

Suddenly this humongous French Sheep Dog with floppy turned out paws leaped up on the cage gate and looked straight at me.

It was LOVE at first sight!

Waldo took care of us for thirteen wonderful years.



True Story Flash contest entry


A dog is a friend, a brother, a sister, a son or a daughter. A dog will give you unconditional love. He or she will comfort you and encourage you and will change your life forever. May Waldo rest in peace and always be for a blessing.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Jerome Goldberg All rights reserved.
Jerome Goldberg has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.