Mature Flash Fiction posted October 31, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Some hobbies can't be shared.

Evil Meets Evil

by Lobber


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for language.
The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.

Scott is painfully aware that his Halloween plans, along with his well-designed, coffin-shaped cage, have failed him miserably.

He realizes that overnight two large rats had a feast on his right foot.  His little toe is missing and the next toe has been eaten down to the bone.  Ligaments and tendons lie scattered at the foot of the mattress.  The cheap mattress has absorbed most of the blood from his missing flesh.  His heel, covered in clotted blood, is firmly stuck to the sheet.  The rats are contently sleeping in the corner next to his Freddy Krueger mask.

Owen bends down to look more closely at Scott’s foot.  He knows that the morphine is still working while the ketamine is starting to wear off.  

“I’ll dress your foot. You have a rest.  You may wake up confused.”

Scott, assured by Owen’s intoxicating eyes, drifts off as he mutters, “Confused . . . misused . . . confusion . . .  diffusion . . .”

He dreams of a tiger chasing him.  He’s cornered against a rock and feels the animal’s breath above him.  The animal gives a growl and Scott turns to see the most beautiful set of eyes he’s ever seen.  He wants the dream to last forever.   But as Scott focuses on the beast’s eyes, he realizes they’re real.  The alluring eyes stare at him.  Owen is staring at him intently, as if Scott were a frail and frightened animal.

“Diffusion,” Scott blinks, surprised to hear his own voice.

“Diffusion,” Owen repeats.  “You were muttering the word diffusion.”

Scott looks at the seductive animal eyes just inches away, “Was I?”

There is slight pause before Owen continues, “A strange word for someone to know.”  He slowly stands up.  “Sure you’re not a doctor, too?”

Scott repeats the word softly, “Too?”

“You know, homeostasis, that sort of stuff.”

Still half-asleep Scott repeats the word, “Stuff”.

“Anyway, I dressed your foot and removed your bedmates.”

“Nice job.  How did I miss everything?”

“Ketamine.”

“Oh.”

“Plus, earlier a small amount of gin as a reward.”

“Reward?”

“For a great fuck.”

“Guess I missed that, too.” Scott gives a big sigh.  He looks around the room. “When do I get out of here?”

“Don’t know.  Depends.”

“On what?”

“Ah, that’s the dilemma.”

“How’s that?” 

Owen’s eyes widen, “Once I get what I want, I really don’t need the rest of you.”

“How’s that?”

“Well, the longer I put off getting my reward, the more precious it becomes and the longer you live.”

“Like a trophy?”

“More like a relic.”

“And the rest?”

“Collateral.”

“I see.”

“I thought you would, especially based on some of the photos on your computer.”

Scott remains silent.

Owen, changing the topic, continues, “How can your freezer be so small?”

“I have a friend with two Dobermans.  Meat is expensive.”

“How handy.  He must like the meat from his friendly butcher.”

“Yeh, I guess I am a tasty mouthful.”

Owen looks down at Scott’s erection, “I remember.” 




Halloween Flash Fiction contest entry


Ketamine
Ketamine is a fast-acting anesthetic that is used primarily by veterinarians and by doctors who perform surgery on young children. It is also known as Special K, Super K, vitamin K, or simply as K. It is a liquid that can be snorted or injected. Ketamine use has become common in nightclubs, at all-night dances, and at raves. It has been used as a date rape drug.
At low doses, ketamine causes a tingling sensation, a loss of time perception often described as "eternity," and a perceived ability to determine causal connections between things.
At high doses, it distorts the person's perception of his or her body and the surroundings. The person may fall into a dreamlike state (catatonia) in which he or she has a flat facial appearance, an open mouth, a fixed stare with wide pupils, and a rigid posture. The person will withdraw socially, have autistic behaviour, and say bizarre things. This catatonic state is commonly called a K-hole.
At high doses, ketamine can cause delirium, amnesia, impaired motor function, high blood pressure, depression, paranoia, and severe breathing problems. Overdoses pose a serious life-threatening situation and need to be treated in a hospital and most often in an intensive care unit.

Artwork:
* Artist: Ata Alishahi
* Subject: fantasy
* Style: eclectic
* Product Type: Gallery-Wrapped canvas art
* Made in USA

Description
- a Tiger looking at a person in a cage. When I make art, whatever my medium, I enter an Internal world of light and creativity, and I escape the external world of shadow and destruction. While I am painting, I not only live in this light-filled world, I create it. In this sense, I have always made art for myself: to alleviate my own suffering and the painful memories of the war and violence I witnessed, even as a child. Yet although this work is therapeutic for me, my finished pieces also ask the viewer to join me in experiencing these beautiful worlds, and celebrating the triumph of light and color over darkness -
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Lobber All rights reserved.
Lobber has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.