Horror and Thriller Script posted October 23, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Everyone has a breaking point

Cindy Relly Goes to the Ball

by Mia Twysted


EXT. TRAILER PARK - AFTERNOON
Cindy and her two step-sisters, Antasay and Drizzel, return home from school. Cindy follows behind, her head down, carrying not only her bookbag but theirs as well.

Antasay
Mother! Mother!

Drizzel
Oh, wait till she hears.

Antasay
You know what this means, don't you?

Drizzel
We're going to get to go shopping.

INT. TRAILER - MOMENTS LATER
Antasay and Drizzel drop their coats on the floor just inside the door as Cindy enters behind them tripping. As they enter, Cindy's well-dressed step-mother comes in from the hall.

Drizzel
What's wrong, Cindy can't walk?

Cindy
Well, if you...

Lacy
"Well, if she" what?
(raises an eyebrow)

Cindy
(clears throat)
Nothing. I'll pick them up. Sorry, I am so clumsy.

Lacy
Yes, you will. I can't believe your father died and left me to put up with such an uncoordinated frump of a girl. You can start in my room today. I had a horrible morning, so please, Cindy, don't make it worse.

Cindy
Yes, step-mother.

Lacy
Tell me, my beautiful daughters, what happened at school today.

Antasay
Oh, mother, there is a dance on Friday.

Drizzel
A dance to honor the quarterback. He is looking to find the perfect girl to take to homecoming.

Antasay
And it's going to be me.

Drizzel
What! No! Me.

Antasay and Drizzel
What! NO! Me.

Lacy
Girls, girls. Please let's not fight. Mommy has a headache. We will go shopping on Wednesday.
What are you still doing here, Cindy, get to work.

INT. LACY'S BEDROOM - MOMENTS LATER
Cindy enters the unkept bedroom and begins to straighten up. Hanging clothes, sweeping floors, making the bed.

INT. BATHROOM - LATE AFTERNOON
Cindy scrubs sink, toilet, and tub till they shine.

INT. STEP-SISTERS ROOM - EARLY EVENING
Cindy picks up clothes, makes beds, and straightens up the room.

INT. KITCHEN - EVENING
Cindy slaves over a hot stove, hair now unkempt, and clothes covered in cleaners and dirt.

INT. KITCHEN - TWO HOURS LATER
Cindy serves dinner to step-mother and sisters then sits in the corner to eat her own.

Antasay
Do you call this slop food?

Drizzel
Is that fat? Are you trying to make me fat?

Lacy
Yes, I have to say you will need to make some improvements.

Cindy
Of course, step-mother.
(sighs)

INT. LIVING ROOM - LATE EVENING
Cindy sits on the couch after her step-mother and sister have gone to bed, doing her and her step-sisters' homework.

INT. CINDY BEDROOM - EARLY MORNING
Cindy collapses into bed.

Cindy
I miss you, Dad.

EXT. TRAILER PARK - WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON
All three girls walk up to the trailer to find Lacy waiting for them in the car.

Lacy
Let's go, girls, it's time for shopping. Get in.

(Three girls jump in the car.)

EXT. SHOPPING MALL - LATE AFTERNOON
Everyone exits the car throwing all their unwanted items of clothing on Cindy before she can exit

Lacy
Here is the grocery list. Get only what is on it and nothing more. Do you hear me? If you can do that and the other errands, maybe we can get you a dress too.

Cindy
I can get a dress for the dance?

Lacy
If you are done in time.

EXT. SHOPPING MALE PARKING LOT - EARLY EVENING
Cindy is loading the last of the groceries into the car when her step-mother and sisters return.

Cindy
I'm done.

Lacy
Unfortunately for you, so are we.
(lip curls to an evil smile)

EXT. TRAILER PARK - EARLY MORNING
Cindy sits on a bench by the bus stop smoking a cigarette when she is approached by two teen boys, Jay and Jes, and a girl, May.

May
We missed you the other night what happened to you?

Cindy
I fell into bed and died.

Jay
Why don't you call social services? The things that woman makes you do is unjustified.

Jes
Yeah, they would be sure to stick it to her.

Cindy
Then I could end up somewhere far worse. At least here with her, I know the shit storm I have to deal with every day. I fell for one of her tricks today. She had me believing I could have gotten a dress and gone to the dance.

May
Oh, that quarterback Charming is so damn cute. I hope he picks me. It would be a shame if he picked those ugly step-sisters of yours.

Cindy
A total waste.

Jay
You're almost eighteen, and you'll be out of this trailer park before you know it.

Cindy
I hope so. I better get off to bed. I have an early day tomorrow.

EXT. TRAILER PARK - FRIDAY AFTERNOON
Antasay and Drizzel race into the trailer, leaving Cindy once again carrying the load.

INT. LIVING ROOM - MOMENTS LATER
Stripping off their clothes, the sisters fight over who showers first and begin getting ready while Cindy begins her chores.

INT. LIVING ROOM - EARLY EVENING
Cindy holds out coats for her step-mother and sisters as they prepare to leave for the evening.

Lacy
Now, you give that bathroom a good scrub. The girls were so excited about tonight's dance that they made a real mess. But I know you'll get it clean; after all, that is how you earn your keep around here.

(the party left with Antasay and Drizzel snickering to each other.)

EXT. TRAILER PARK BENCH - EVENING
Cindy again sits smoking when her friends surprise her from behind.

May
What are you doing here?

Cindy
May, what the hell? What do you mean what I am doing here?

May
Why are you not at the dance?

Cindy
Why are you not at the dance?

May
I've been. I've even had my dance with the fair prince.

She sways back and forth with arms up

And who am I going to compare notes to if you don't go and have your own little twirl?

Cindy
I don't have a dress, May. Or any shoes.

May
But you do.

May motions to Cindy's back where Jes and Jay are standing holding a dress and shoes.

As I am done, the outfit happens to be open.


Cindy
You guys are the best.

Jes
You go and have yourself a little fun tonight.

Cindy
I think I'll do just that.

INT. LIVING ROOM - LATE EVENING
Lacy and her daughters step into the living room, which has not been cleaned.

Lacy
Cindy! Young lady, where are you, and why have you not cleaned this place up?


Cindy steps out of the hall, wearing the dress and shoes with her hair up in a sloppy bun.

Cindy
Because I am tired of cleaning up your messes.

Antasay and Drizzel
Ohhhhhhh.

Lacy
How dare you speak to me like that. If your father were here.

Cindy
If my father were here, he would have seen through you long before now and sent you packing. Just like I'm going to.

Pulling out a hatched from behind the couch, Cindy chops her step-mother and sister to pieces as they scream.



Old Story With a Twist contest entry


Cindy - MC

Lacy - Stepmother
Antasay - Stepsister
Drizzel - Stepsister

Jay - Friend
Jes - Friend
May - Friend
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by VMarguarite at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mia Twysted All rights reserved.
Mia Twysted has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.