General Non-Fiction posted October 19, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Definitely Daddy's Girl

Cidda

by Wils


She fell asleep snuggled into my shoulder. Whilst her brother was trying to impress us by doing laps on the pet shop floor, she had decided on the more subtle approach, wheedling her way up to me and giving that "Please Sir" look I would get to know so well. I picked her up and she fitted so well. After the customary lick of the hand she lay her head down and knew she was set for life.

We named her Cidda, apparently after some character in a "chick-flick" movie, and it wasn't long before she had us wrapped around all her paws. There was no way us humans were going to do, see or eat anything without her having a part of it. Of course, that always ended up being a very large part!

A substantial change in her life came when we moved from Australia to the USA. We had acquired another dog a few years earlier and questions had been asked regarding what we were going to do with them, but there was no way we were leaving them behind. Being a very prim and proper poodle (or so she thought) we were worried how Cidda was going to cope with the flight. As it turned out those concerns were not necessary. After nearly a thirty hour flight both girls landed on US soil, her sister covered in smelly unmentionables whilst Cidda herself walked out, head held high, not a hair out of place and barking orders to her chauffeur.

She has been our protector, our nursemaid and our sleeping buddy. She is Daddy's sergeant, Mummy's princess and her sister's disciplinarian. Most importantly she is our daughter and most definitely a beautiful creature.



Beautiful Creatures writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short essay about an animal - maximum 300 words. It can be a beloved pet or a wild animal you admire. The photo you include should be of the animal, or type of animal, you are describing.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Wils All rights reserved.
Wils has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.