Biographical Non-Fiction posted October 18, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Hated dressing the same as sister

Dreaded Dresses

by Lulube


That would be me in the pink, flowers-on-white, frilly dress, exactly like my sister's. We'd wear the same dresses for outings and Sunday school.

Not that I'd wear one to school or playing ball or running second position in relay, that won the district competition or in a leading, school-play roll.

Definitely did not wear anything, remotely resembling one, after graduation or gardening at the golf course or when a cookie on seines and gill-netters.

Nor would I ever wear one when bartending or during my back-to-college try, at age forty-five.

I never took one off when admitted, while giving birth to my daughter or when she gave birth to my grand daughter.

I only need to give my daughter a note, asking to not dress me in one for my funeral, to escape ever wearing again.






I counted 150 words. I used a pet peeve I've had all my life to introduce what I have done/accomplished in my life, that are the main events and what type of person I have been throughout the years of my working experience and school and sports. Not a lot of room for anything else.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Lulube All rights reserved.
Lulube has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.