Mystery and Crime Fiction posted October 13, 2019 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 9... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Jeremy tries to take care of his two enemies.

A chapter in the book Pushed Too Far

Sweet Revenge

by Mistydawn


 

Summary
Jeremy was tormented by Paul and his gang his entire life. Their victimizing intensifies after graduation. Jeremy is taken hostage by Jeff and Tony. Jessica the love of his life is beaten by Paul.
Barry saves Jeremy and then he and Jeremy save Jessica.
Barry offers to help take care of Jeremy's enemies. He refuses. Jeremy beats Jeff and put him in the trunk.
Paul was attacked by the wild boar trying to escape the woods.

The harrowing storm has stopped momentarily; leaving sizable puddles in its wake. The clouds linger heavily above, covering the bright moonlight; adding to Jeremy's unsettled feeling.

He's racing out of town. His battered enemy is unconscious in the car trunk. Evil plots race through his head as he speeds down the murky road.

I could drop him off in the woods. I’d have to be deep enough in the forest that he’ll never find his way home. I might get lost too. I could push him off a cliff. It needs to be a place known to have lots of animals. Various locations flash through his mind. What if the police discover him before they do and what about his noneditable remains? I could feed him to the hogs. What if I get caught lugging him to their pen? Maybe I could stage an accident and then rig the car to catch fire. That’d destroy any evidence I leave behind. Whatever I decided, it has to be quick with a minimal amount of risk.

He’s trying to come up with an idea when he sees Tony flagging him down. Horrid images flash through his mind.

He first remembers all the times Tony stuffed him into a locker. All the swirlies Tony gave him through the years. The time he nearly drowned. He then recalls the day Tony stripped him and then shoved him into the hall. Everyone pointed and laughed as they walked by.

Jeremy’s heart pounds fiercely in his chest. His nostrils flare. His face turns a dark crimson as he clinches the steering wheel with both hands. This is my chance to take care of him and Jeff. He swerves towards him as he pushes the pedal to the floor.

Realizing the car is headed for him, Tony darts out of the way.
Jeremy veers to the right.

A disturbing thought comes to mind as he gets closer. I’m no better than him if I do this. I’d be worse, way worse. I’d be a killer, a monster, a cold, heartless beast. How can I live with myself knowing what I’ve done? Jeff deserves to be punished but not like this.

At the last possible second, Jeremy swerves away. The car’s tail end slides around. Knocking Tony to the ground.

Jeremy glances back to find his enemy sprawled out in the dirt. “I hit him, I hit Jeff.” Terrified, Jeremy slams on the brakes. Rain engulfs the car as it skids to a stop.

Moisture soaks through Jeremy's shoes; mud splashes on his clothes as he sloshes towards his victim. Please let him be alright, oh, please let him be alright, he begs.

Thunder bellows in the distant sky. Jeremy jumps. His feet slide out from under him. His butt lands in a puddle of mud. He sees the rain clouds have become heavier, much darker when he glances up. That’s all I need.

Scrambling to his feet, Jeremy darts towards his victim. He discovers Tony motionless at the edge of the road. “What did I do, oh, what did I do?” he cries.

***

Barry finds a horde of officers searching the cabin and its surrounding area when he pulls up to the scene. The captain is barking out orders from the porch. I hope this works. He practices what he’ll say as he crosses the drive.

“You can’t go in there, sir.” Barry is in such deep thought that he doesn’t hear what was said. “You can’t go in there, sir.” The officer repeats as he grabs his arm.

Barry turns around. “What?”
“This is a crime scene, sir, you can’t go in there.”

Barry jerks away. “I know this is a damn crime scene because I’m the one who reported it. Now if you don’t mind, I need to speak to the captain about this case.” Seeing the hesitation Barry adds. “It’s very important.”

“Wait here and I’ll get him for you.” The rookie walks over to Joe. The captain glances over and nods.

Barry is looking around when Joe approaches him. “The officer said you have some important information about this case?”

“The guys you’re searching for is dead in the road about a mile south." He points over Joe’s shoulder. “It looks like a boar got ahold of him. His two buddies, the same two that beat up Jeremy were hovering over him. They saw me and ran towards town.”

“Everyone, listen up, we’re taking this search down the road. Let’s go, let’s go.” The canines bark with excitement as they’re being led from the scene. The officers piled into the vehicles and were gone within a matter of seconds.

Part one of my plan is complete. Barry reaches for the phone in his pocket as he walks across the yard. He starts to step up on the porch when a forensic tech meets him at the door.

“This is a crime scene, so, you need to leave.”

“Jeremy and I were the ones who reported it.”

“Doesn’t matter, you still need to go.”

“Can I take a quick peek around for my phone? I think I dropped it when I was in here earlier.”

“I didn’t find one, but you couldn’t have it back even if I did, being that its evidence and all.”

“It has important medical information on it that I really need.”

“If I find one, I’ll let the captain know.”

“I appreciate it. Wait, I think I see it under the bed.”

The forensic tech turns to where he’s pointing. “Where?”

“It’s in the far-left corner.”

The technician walks across the room. “Where? I see it now.”

Barry grabs Jeff's cell from his pocket and drops it through a small slit in the porch.

“It’s just a piece of rubbish.”

“Oh, well thanks anyhow.”

***

Lighting brightens the dark starless night, Thunder soon follows. The rain pours down in thick, heavy sheets soaking Jeremy and his victim to the bone. He continues to stare at Tony hoping to find even the faintest sign of life.

“I killed him, I killed Tony.” His body crumples to the ground beside him. “I’m a killer, a cold-heartless beast.

Why did I let my anger get out of hand, why? How can I face myself in the mirror after what I’ve done?” He sobs into the dark unknown.

Childhood memories play in his mind. He first pictures happy times with his mom at the park. He then imagines the wonderful times he and Jessica had together. “I’d love to spend the rest of my life with her but how is it possible now?” He looks down at the motionless body again. “Oh, what have I done?”

He imagines Jessica’s tearful face in his mind. “What kind of life would that be for us, for her? Always worried about being caught. How could I be there for Jessie when I’m always on the run? It wouldn’t be fair to her to confine her to a long-distance love affair. It just wouldn’t be right."

He notices headlights coming down the far hill. I need to do something with Tony. Jeremy glances over the edge of the road. It’s too shallow to hide him in there. He glances up and discovers the headlights are closer. Think Jeremy think. I could put him in the trunk and then decide what to do from there.

Jeremy grabs Tony’s shirt and lugs him to the car. Tony is a hefty boy, so, this takes a lot of doing. The vehicle continues to get closer. Just a little further.

He starts to open the trunk when he hears Jeff moving around. He’ll lunge for me the moment I pop the lid.

He drags Tony to the side of the car and opens the back door. Jeremy tries to lift him, but his body wouldn’t budge. Maybe I should pull him instead. Jeremy runs to the opposite side and throws the door open. He looks up to see the vehicle is just a hill away. I have to hurry.

Threading his arms underneath Tony’s pits, he heaves him onto the seat. Jeremy's spent body collapses backward as Tony’s large frame gives way. Wiggling out from under him, Jeremy scrambles out. The approaching vehicle is now just a short distance away.

Jeremy climbs into the driver’s seat and tries to start the car. The vehicle roars to life and then dies. He pushes on the gas and tries again. The engine refuses to cooperate. Jeremy looks up to find the vehicle is a short distance away. “Please start oh, please start,” he begs as he tries again.


Characters
Jeremy, Highschool graduate, always being bullied by his peers because of his disease, chronic tic disorder.
Jessica, Jeremy's best friend she was raped at a party and was pregnant with Paul's child.
Paul, Tony, Jeff, bullies, Jeremy's enemies
Barry, Jeremy's biological dad Jeremy doesn't know it yet.
Bonnie and Max Webb Jessica's parents

Berryville PD
Joe Bower, captain
Rachel Bower, sergeant, Joe's wife, Jessica's older sister.
Jerry, a detective was a sergeant his health forced him to step down

 

 





I apologize for any formatting issues you find. I've tried to correct them, but Evil Eddie comes back the moment I hit save. Warning to all, never badmouth him, cause he will get revenge.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mistydawn All rights reserved.
Mistydawn has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.