Romance Fiction posted October 15, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Kristin has a clue.

To My Secret Admirer #2

by Sally Law



~**~
"All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love." 
~ Leo Tolstoy





Dear Secret Admirer, 

Good Morning, dearest man, wherever you are in this hospital. To think I am so close to you, yet unaware of who you are, is so mysterious.

Be careful now--we have crossed that great divide, already speaking of our deep soulish love for one another. It will be impossible to rid yourself of me once you discover my quirks.

You, on the other hand, appear to have no quirks and are unbelievably romantic, thoughtful, and generous.

I almost passed out when I saw the amount on the gift card. I thought my eyesight had gone bad.

Dear man, that's what I'd spend on five dresses! (I shop at consignment stores for my regular clothes or borrow from my sister.)

$500 is too generous. I'm determined to buy you an elegant silk tie with some of this. What is your favorite color?

What I really wanted to say was--thank you. I am overwhelmed with every expression of love you have shown me. Please forgive me, I've never been loved like this before--not even close.

Are you real? I can't wait to hold you just to make sure. Sometimes, I feel you may not be of this earth.

The last time I went out on a real dinner date, the guy forgot to mention he was married--to his cellphone.

It pinged and vibrated all throughout dinner. He had to look at his phone every time it sounded, which was literally every minute. I feigned a headache, so he offered to call me a cab. I went home, and he went out clubbing. No lie.

This is what I've had to deal with--until you. You can see why I have remained single.

However, since your first letter, those days seem long gone. I feel your sweetness and strength with me all day and through the night.

Most of all, your love and acceptance consumes me. I now have a future with love in it, and I'm no longer afraid. 

I have already put in my request for time off on Christmas Eve Eve; and my roomie, Lisa, has plans for glam. She has a Christmas play that night, as well, so we are going to make a day of it and do a spa regime together. 

Thank you for the clues to your identity, although I scarcely remember meeting you in the waiting room. (You forgot to mention you were also wearing aviator sunglasses and a baseball cap.) Well, maybe I do remember a little bit. 

I need to tell you, I have surgery coming up the first of November. My doctor says this will really help alleviate much of my back pain and need for a brace. I will be at Southside as a patient in the west wing for approximately ten days. My nursing team is on alert to bring any clipboard mail to my room. I'll be easy to find, and hopefully, recovered for our special date.

I'm enclosing a gift. Please accept the MP3 player along with a recited Nonet poem I wrote for you. Just push play, and it will be as if I'm there reading it to you. 

I love you.

Kristin
xoxoxoxo
(Interest compounded daily.)

………………………………………


He Says ~ A Nonet 

He says he loves me just as I am,
And asked me to return in kind.
How could I ignore his heart, 
A heart so pure, so true?
He could not be hushed,
But spilled his soul.
I replied,
At last,
Love!

………………………………………


To be continued . . . .



Recognized


Artwork: https://pixabay.com/images/search/hearts/

Poem: Nonet by me, Sally Law, written specifically for this story.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sally Law All rights reserved.
Sally Law has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.