General Fiction posted September 26, 2019 Chapters:  ...11 12 -13- 14... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Bea worries about making new friends

A chapter in the book Be Wee With Bea Part2

What-if's

by Liz O'Neill



Background
Finally, after getting through, and over obstacles, the trio solved the mystery of the sunrise mist creature. It was a mom bear with her puppies. Now they need to process everything. Bea worries about
Signaling for Sweet Puppy and Scruffles to recross the water, Bea began her brain exercise. She needed to assure herself that her voice would not echo. She did not want to be heard by the creature which wasn't a creature after all. As she was skittering upon the deep dark waters hiding the swamp mud she couldn't help but wonder what was holding her up from sinking.

When they'd all gotten over safely, they decided to make their way back home to discuss what had just happened. Bea was not much of a conversationalist on the way back, as she was very distracted doing her brain exercise. She was remembering how her mom had taught her there are always possibilities for new friends to be made; but sometimes you had to do the on guard exercise.

She further encouraged her to take the next step, even if the fears came back.
And her bad memories with those mean little bears not wanting to be friends with her were surely racing back. Worried a similar situation might happen, she did a debating exercise in her head. She wanted everything in balance not tippy like trees half blown over.

Her thoughts swirled like the familiar waters in the stream where she and Scruffles had first fished. She reasoned with herself about having just seen another mom with her puppies. Two moms together could help each other. She was doing well until her fears began settling in.

What if this mom did not want any help from Bea? What if she were happy just being by herself? How could they even happen to meet? Would this newly met mom think that Bea had been tracking her? The planning and scanning wee bear did her humble exercise. She had to admit that this thought wasn't far from the truth.

Bea stirred up the rest of her mom's lesson about the subject of possibilities. Sometimes you had to do the on guard exercise and take the next step, even if the old fears came back. She wanted to stop the old familiar "what-if's" which she had practiced too often throughout her life.

She switched to practicing her notice exercise. The wee bear who wanted to grow wondered why her fears were stronger this time. She didn't seem as worried when she became friends with Timothy the wood carving, clay pot making beaver. He lived in the water most of the time.

Sure, Timothy slept and actually spent his time in a dry area called his lodge, but he had to swim a distance underwater to get there. Bea was not interested in undertaking a new swimming underwater exercise.

Maybe that was why she felt safer. They had become very good friends but didn't spend a lot of time with each other. This way, Timothy probably wouldn't get tired of having her around and think she wasn't fun. He wouldn't have bad thoughts about her.

And this was not Willow the patient loving tree who never moved except when the wind blew. She was great to visit when Bea had to talk about ideas that worried her and made her fears grow. This was a real bear mom with puppies. Bea would have no excuses to just briefly visit with this possible friend.

Picturing another bear, like herself, getting to know the real Bea made fifty bees begin buzzing inside her. What if this new bear thought Bea was not a good mom? What if she did notice exercises too? She would see all of Bea's complications and big and little mistakes she makes.

Her "what-if's were winning the debate. What if she thought the Be Wee With Bea's exercises were silly? That would crush her like a flattened beehive which had fallen from a tree and been trampled upon. What if this bear wanted all of Bea's "be good to myself" treat? How could she feed everyone? She didn't know where she could find enough fish. They were already having to travel farther to find a good fishing spot. She knew she needed to do her be calm exercise. It was time to do her talk to the Maker exercise.









I'd like to acknowledge Bob one oldreb for such a great picture.
This is the 2nd book in the series Be Wee With Bea. Book One is available on Amazon and similar venues and on my webpage, www.beweewithbea.com ...I also have a fb page called be wee with bea. I'd love to have you check it out. You are invited to visit my portfolio on this FanStory site to catch up or sample other chapters.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Liz O'Neill All rights reserved.
Liz O'Neill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.