Biographical Poetry posted September 18, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Death of a pet contest

Death of My Cat 'Spook'

by Chrissy710

Into my car, with the engine turned on
I backed up the driveway and over a bump,
in front of my eyes, was my beautiful cat
spinning around, from the car I did jump.

I knew in an instant, just what I had done
my eyes filled with tears "Oh dear Spook" I did shout
she spun on the driveway and twisted around
I had backed over her, the blood spurted out.

I ran to her side, into my arms picked her up
but knew straight away, that there was no hope,
so with love in my heart I ended her life
around her neck I held firmly, and choked .

I ended her pain, then dropped to my knees
and cradled her tightly and then I did scream,
my neighbour rushed in, I fell into her arms
my sobs couldn't stop, my grief too extreme.

I wrapped Spook up gently, her grave I then dug
in my garden the spot where she loved to lay,
my big fluffy grey cat; I miss you so much
my eyes they still well up; when I think of that day.






 



Death of a Pet writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a POEM in any style about the DEATH of a PET, up to 20 lines maximum. e.g. eulogise your companion; describe your feelings; say goodbye.

Recognized


I write this in sadness when I remember the day a few yesrs ago when I accidently ran over my beautiful 18 year old cat Spook who was lying under my car on a warm summer day.
I needed to go out and getting into my car began to back out when I felt a bump and knew immediately what had happened as there front of my car was Spook spinning around with blood all around her head.

I jumped from the car but when I picked her up knew it was too late to save her so needed to end her pain. So with all the strength I could muster I held my hands around her neck and squeezed until she stopped breathing ( about 30 seconds but then she relalaxed and died)

This was one of the hardest thing I have ever done and only when she was at peace did I scream and then sobbed for hours, comforted by my neightbour and daughter. (Even writing this I am crying with the memory of that terrible day.

I buried her that day in her favourite place in my garden and I look out the window and see her every day and think of the lovely times we shared as every night she would come and sit on my knee for a pat. We all loved our 'Spook' and miss her terribly.

I thought I would share this story with you in rhyme and thank you for reading my work

The image is from agoogle but looks exactly like my Spook
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Chrissy710 All rights reserved.
Chrissy710 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.