Commentary and Philosophy Flash Fiction posted September 17, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Voting is your own decision to make.

Voting

by Raul1


I voted in the events knowing it is my right to vote. It feels more like a duty, than for fun. I think by voting should be in secret. You can't tell anyone who you voted for. It is between yourself. I voted for the MVP of last year's regular season of the NBA. But, I never reveal who I chose for MVP. I just did it for the enjoyment of it. I think that voting shouldn't be like a toggle of war between two people.

I think that my vote should make a difference. It has a voice, which is mine. Everyone has their rights to vote for whomever they wish. Don't let anyone decide for you. It has to be your complete choice and no one else's. In most countries, you have to vote to make things decent in this world. Voting is the most important necessity for everyone. It makes a huge difference in our lives.

What I vote is up to me and nobody else. I do it for myself. I have the liberty to make decisions of my own. It is me who is voting and no other person.

I have voted before last year's Academy Awards. I had fun with it, but sometimes I didn't get the results that I wanted and never got angry. I accepted the negative and good results. You just participate in voting for events just to have a good time. It shouldn't be problems of any kind.

We all have our rights to decide who to vote for. It is that simple. And without any fuss.



I voted writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a flash fiction story beginning with the words "I voted - " You can continue the sentence as you wish. Beyond the opening lines there are no rules. Maximum word count is 500 words.


It is important to vote, but it is also important to respects other people's vote.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.