Supernatural Flash Fiction posted September 15, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Presence of a ghost appearance.

A Ghost Slammed The Door

by Raul1


The door slammed, echoing down the long hall. Annie wondered who it might have been. She checked outside, but no one was outside. She knew which door had slammed. She looked for any clues. She found something familiar.

It was her mother's old scarf. How could it be? She has been dead for about nine years now. Maybe Annie's mom was coming back for her.

She doesn't believe in ghosts. In her mind, it is a pure myth and not real. She stepped away from the library and searched for her mom.

Beneath the bushes, she saw a transparent female-like form. It appeared to be her mom wanting to befriend her one last time. Annie went near the bushes closer to the lake sitting by a ghost. It was her mom. She cried and hugged her with full compassion.

"Mom?" Annie cried.

"Yes, dear." Mom answered.

"It's been a long time being without you," Annie said.

"I know. I just wanted to check up on how well my daughter has been." Mom replied.

"I am fine, mom. But, it is good you're back. I missed you." Annie cried.

"Don't cry, Annie! I am here. Thank you for seeing me. I missed you, too!" Mom said.

"I am happily married to a husband and have four children. They are all doing well," Annie said.

"I've seen them, before. I am happy for you. They didn't even notice I was there by their sides." Mom replied.

"I am happy you came back. I remember the good times we've both had as a family." Annie said.

"Yeah, those are good memories, which we've had you as a little girl. Grown up to be a big lady." Mom said.

"Mom, I am fine here. I will meet you up in Heaven and we'll talk about how my life went," Annie said, "Why did you slam the door?"

"I tried to find you in the library down the hall, but with no luck. So, I got frustrated, opened and slammed the door, then left." Mom replied.

"You've always had a short temper, mom." Annie said.

"I Knew that. But, you're here and that's all it matters." Mom said.

"Now I see," Annie said.

"I came here to see my baby girl. I don't know what I'd do without you. But, I can assure you, that I'll protect you from anything bad happening to you by preventing it." Mom said.

"Thank you! You will always be in my heart. I'm so happy that you've come back. This is your last visit?" Annie said.

"Yes, baby girl! But, I promise you to be by your side always." Mom said.

"Yes, I will also. I love you, mom!" Annie cried.

"I love you, too!" Mom sighed.

Annie's mom went up in the clouds flying with her angel wings. Annie waved her bye. Her mom waved bye at Annie back. Annie became satisfied now that she can now move on with her life. She is happy and she'll reunite with her mom once again someday. She walked to her car and drove home. She keeps thinking of her parents. She is keeping her memories for them. They are always their by her side. No matter what happens.



The Door Slammed writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that starts with this sentence: The door slammed, echoing down the long hall.

Don't add to the sentence. The catch is this must be flash fiction. So the story should be between 100 and 1,000 words.


I hope that you enjoy reading this. It has been a pleasure writing this short story. Happy reading!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.