Biographical Non-Fiction posted September 11, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Dull Week

A Short Ramble

by Sasha


 
Those of you who have read this prologue before can skip it and go straight to the story below the blue asterisks.
 
This is another Smurphy Ramble.  For those of you who do not know what a Ramble is, here is a not-so-brief description.  A Ramble is just that, a ramble.  Merriam Webster defines ‘ramble’ as talking or writing in a desultory or long-winded wandering fashion, excessively and/or in an incoherently or a meaninglessly and repetitious manner.  Please note, my rambles are often pointless, filled with worn out clichés and long winded sentences that occasionally lead nowhere.  In addition, end of sentence prepositions is no longer considered poor English (Google it, you will learn I am right.)  Also, please note fragmented sentences are necessary in my Rambles, so just deal with it.  Think of us as sitting at an outside café, so no complaints about there not being enough dialogue in this post.  Since I am doing all the talking, it is all dialogue.  Keeping this in mind, shall we begin?  There have been a few comments on my Rambles not having any social commentary – if you want social commentary, I recommend going to CNN Online.  I am using bold print because I cannot see the print without it.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
I am originally from Seattle Washington where we pride ourselves on our heavy, long bouts of rain.  It hasn’t rained here for nearly a year and the last two weeks we have had more rain than Seattle usually gets in two years. I am not exaggerating, when it rains here the streets fill up with water and is so much that the streets turn into knee-high rivers and sometimes the water flows into the house. 
 
We had three rain-storms in one week and I woke each morning to my floors covered in water.  After the first storm, I placed towels across the bottom of the doors in the hope of preventing water from seeping into my apartment.  It didn’t help, but I did use them to scooch across the floor to keep from falling. I slipped after the first rain-storm and pulled a tendon in my hand.  I made a vow, no more falling or broken bones, and I plan to keep it.
 
Nacho and I had another disagreement.  I wouldn’t call it a fight but disagreement covers it perfectly. After the first rain-storm my TV started malfunctioning.  Nacho was convinced it was because of the rain, I disagreed.  He kept telling me it would take about a week to go back to normal. When I turned it on I could only get the 400 music stations.  I found this VERY annoying. Today I finally walked over to Megacably and they explained it had nothing to do with the rain.  I simply had to unplug the cable from the modem and plug it back in.  It worked and I can now watch my favorite programs.
 
Time to move on.
 
Nacho finally got smart and started charging me a few pesos to run errands for me.  He doesn’t charge much but his time is valuable and I don’t mind.
 
Not much more to report but I will keep you posted on how I am doing.  I am feeling great and am only taking my heart medication and multivitamins. Cutting back on all the unnecessary pills I was taking.  I also stopped taking vitamin c, that seems to stop bruising.  I fell after the first rain-storm and tripped over my giant fan.  I really banged my shoulder and it hurt for several days but although it deserved one, it never bruised.  Dr. Guzman said I get enough vitamin C in the multiple vitamins I take and don’t need to take separate ones.  Too much Vitamin C prevents bruises.  I don’t want bruises, but don’t like the negative side effects taking medication I don’t need to take cause.
 
Nothing more to report for this week other than the rest I have given my eyes has helped considerably.

 



Recognized

#242
2019


I am looking for a new keyboard, the one I have is terrible and spaced too wide for my fingers so I make a lot of mistakes.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sasha All rights reserved.
Sasha has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.