General Fiction posted August 31, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A tale of living with confusion and misinterpretation

Household Appliance Delivery

by Katherine M. (k-11)


Coming home from shopping this morning, I saw a washing machine being delivered to number 26. Number 26 where Cicely lives. Cicely who's involved in the scam.

Immediately, paranoia kicked in, since I'd only ordered my own washing machine last week. Was this a duplicate I was expected to pay for?

As I reached the delivery site, I saw the washing machine was actually destined for number 28...

More precision in my observations would mean less fear in my mind.



80 Word Flash Fiction contest entry

Recognized


Several reviewers have expressed interest in Cicely: who is she? What is the scam? What happens next?

This will all be revealed in a slowly progressing novel, released little by little. This is chapter XI of XX (well into the story, but the first to be shared). Interested readers should look for the tag "the con is on" and the chatper number.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Katherine M. (k-11) All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Katherine M. (k-11) has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.