Essay Fiction posted August 27, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I like to think I tell stories

Storyteller

by Rikki66

I am a storyteller, not a writer. I am old with blurry vision and fuzzy mind and even with spell check and grammar check, I am the first to admit that I am often wrong.

Most often my words are spelled correctly they are just the wrong words for the intended use (the, not they, moat not most. Or they are the right words in the wrong place.

When I speak my dentures cause my tongue to get in the way of my eye teeth so that what I mean to say is not what comes out. This happens when I put words to paper, my brain and hands work at differing speeds often causing me to write gibberish that I must correct, the misfortune I sometimes overcorrect. Ending up with as much gibberish as there was in the beginning.

As a storyteller facts are of no bother, I tell the truth and I tell lies. If I use a fact I may embellish it for my own purpose it is for me and the reader to determine which is which and how much of each exist. If I say my character lives alternate lives in his dreams, I do not have to prove it. It is either truth or lies to be determined by the rest of the story.

Being a storyteller I am no grammarian, I use colloquialisms and idioms even on occasion the dialects we all use daily. This causes me much trouble when I put words to paper since we do not speak properly writing proper is often difficult

In another day and time, I like to believe I would have been a minstrel or sage and just possibly a scribe. In a later time, I might even have been a salesman of boy brass bands. Do da di da do




Once there was a storyteller named Jerome but, called Jerry. He told tales of love and mirth, he told tales funny and scary, he told tales of heaven and earth.

"A long long time ago, even before man counted time angels strode the earth as giants among men.
There was an angel that we shall call Barak for we do not know the real name. There too was a woman we shall call Gabriella we do not know her name either."

Jerry stood erect and did several flips across the room. When he stopped he backflipped to where he began. "Gabriella was tall and luscious with raven hair milky skin and scarlet lips. Her eyes were violet. For a human she was large. Barak was a giant with black curly hair bronze skin. He took Gabriella for wife, she bore him a child called we call Ari, for it is another name we do not know."

Now Jerry removed five balls from his cloak and began to juggle."Down the stream of time in generations, uncountable Ari's descendants bore a child call Abram, that became the great man Abraham."

The balls magically disappeared into his cloak and he said, "Let us eat."





Genesis 6 and Genesis 11
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Rikki66 All rights reserved.
Rikki66 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.