Supernatural Fiction posted August 25, 2019 Chapters:  ...22 23 -24- 25... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
THE IMMORTAL/A Novel of the Breedline series

A chapter in the book THE IMMORTAL

Spellbound

by scongrove




Background
Thanks for taking the time to read my chapter. It's still in the working stages, so if you catch mistakes, please let me know. Hope you enjoy the romance scenes!
Previously . . .

After an age-old creature—buried deep in the ground—rises from years of peaceful slumber to feast on humans, it attacks Jena McCain—a young artist who has the ability to speak with the dead—and infects her with the Rougarou curse. As the virus spreads through her body, Jena must resist her newly found urges for human blood for one hundred and one days. If she succumbs to the blood lust, she will be become the thing that has cursed her.    

Now that the creature is hunting humans, and infected an innocent young girl, God tasks Lailah—a battle angel gifted with the power of holy fire—with an important mission. She must take the Fury and Sebastian back to earth for the sole purpose of destroying this savage creature.

Meanwhile, Tessa—the Breedline queen—is concerned for the Covenant’s safety after the mysterious creature somehow finds his way into their home and tries to attack Tara Hood. Now that the creature has found its way into the Covenant, Tim Ross—the head of the Breedline council—calls for a meeting. While they discuss the incident, Dr. Helen Carrington informs them that Tara is not human, and has no knowledge of carrying the genetics of a full-blooded Breedline. Left with no other choice, they must break the news to Tara and reveal their secret. As they contemplate on who will relay the news, Lawrence asks for permission to be the one to tell her. Not only does he volunteer, he admits to everyone that he has bonded with Tara.


Continued . . .

Jena hadn’t been the least bit afraid since Angie brought her to the Breedline Covenant. She felt relaxed and self-confident in a way she hadn’t felt since the creature had taunted her sanity in the hospital . . . until now. After the Covenant told her about Tara’s attack, things took a turn for the worst. It was obvious the monster that had bitten and cursed Jena now had knowledge of her whereabouts.   

He wanted her, and she realized there was nothing she, or anyone else for that matter, could do to stop him. Other than feeding on human blood, the creature had a one-track mind. And it was her.

Lying awake in her bed, for the first time in her life, Jena felt utterly helpless and alone. More alone than she had ever been, and more unsure about the future. A sense of sadness consumed her until tears formed in her eyes.

Then a wave of sickness came over her. Jena thought of the slaughtered bodies of Todd and Sophie. Her thoughts then went to Carla Rosi’s corpse. The poor girl had been missing for over forty years. Carla’s spirit had been the one that warned her about the Rougarou curse. Jena didn’t want to become that thing . . . a savage beast that preyed on innocent people. Maybe she could resist her newly found urges and beat this dreadful curse, although she still had more days than she could bear. The thirst for human blood was already burning in her veins.

Suddenly, she felt warm all over, and restless. She heard the low hum of the refrigerator coming from downstairs, and the pitter-patter of the raindrops falling down on the rooftop. She could hear the hushed voices in the other rooms as though they were speaking directly to her. How was this possible? Was all this just my imagination? 

Something startled her. It wasn’t a sound exactly, no, but something she couldn’t quite make out. It was coming from the balcony outside of her room.

Her curiosity got the best of her. She got up, and quietly crept over to the sliding glass door. When she opened it, the night air was gusty and moist. The light rain that struck her face and clung to her thin nightgown was soothing to her skin. As Jena moved forward, her acute sense of hearing astounded her. It was so sensitive, and powerful . . . and enlightening.  

All the sounds of the night were sharpened, the chorus of noises rising around her, mingled with the whistling sounds of trees blowing in the wind, the harmonic vibrations of flying insects, and footsteps of nocturnal animals foraging through the grounds far in the distance. In fact, she was picking up all kinds of scents too. Jena could smell the rain, and all the scents of the outdoors the way she had never smelled them before.

So, she thought. I’m going to be like this from now on. I’m going to pick up scents like a dog, and sounds, too, no doubt.  

That’s when she heard a voice whispering to her. “Come, Jena . . . come to me.” This was an alluring, hypnotizing voice.  
        
Jena peered over the balcony and searched for the voice calling out to her.

He stood back in the darkness invisible to the human eye, watching her . . . desiring her . . . ready to take her. Jena was tall for a female, her legs long as a gazelle. Her blonde hair hung in thick waves, falling to the small of her back. Her flawless skin was pale cream, and she had a mouth just made for his lips. The silk nightgown she wore was delicate and clung to her small waist, firm hips, and perfectly proportioned breasts. The fabric had dampened in the fine mist, meshing to her skin, leaving nothing to the imagination. 

His heart was pounding. The desire for Jena was as strong and uncontrollable as the desire to kill, or the craving to feast on human blood. He wanted her, wanted to rip the silk material off her, and get her underneath him.  
            
“You belong to me,” he murmured into her thoughts.

Jena panicked at the voice in her head, but found she could not move.

From behind, something smoothed her hair back, revealing the pale skin of her neck.

In reaction, goosebumps trailed down her skin. Suddenly, there was the strangest scent in the air. Something rich and heady.

Then she felt something warm tease her bare skin as if someone was breathing down her shoulder.  
  
She gasped at the wonderful sensation, and whirled around. 

Unexpectedly, he appeared before her like a ghostly apparition suddenly becoming corporeal. The element of surprise froze Jena in her tracks. 
         
His eyes roamed over her long, delicate neckline, and beyond to the swell of her breasts. He dragged air into his lungs and briefly closed his eyes, feeling a sexual stirring in his gut. Her scent was seductive and addictive, reminding him of the sweetest fragrance of night-blooming roses. It reminded him of someone else. A scent from the past.

As he boldly reached out to her, a rush of desire hit her hard. It was the curse, she thought numbly. Whatever he had done to her, it was unstoppable.

Curious to touch him, Jena shockingly went to him freely. As his chest expanded, she knew he caught the scent of her arousal.

“I ache for you, Jena,” he said, the words sliding off his tongue like silk.

Jena swayed, hypnotized by the luring sound of his voice. How easy he made it to fall under his spell.

She was all past self-control. As he laid kisses on her neck and on her breasts, her body began to writhe with a burning desire. It was rather like stoking a fire until it became a blaze.

“Why do you continue to taunt me?” she moaned, her head tossing back. “Please . . . free me of this curse.”

As he placed his open mouth to the skin of Jena’s throat, covering the throbbing blue artery, he appeared to kiss her.

When he drew back however, his lips were bloody.

Her eyes widened for a moment. She felt paralyzed, staring into his golden gaze for what seemed to last for an extended time. Jena studied the mysterious stranger, not fearfully, but in fascination.

He was handsomely beautiful in a decadent old blue-blooded, aristocrat fashion. His jaw was masculine, and his lips full. His hair was jet-black, falling to his broad shoulders from a widow’s peak. The piercing color of his eyes beamed like scarlet coals.

Although she knew he was a savage killer, something told her he wasn’t here to do her harm. Jena felt powerfully drawn to the stranger, bound to him by some unnatural force, that she wanted him with an intensity she could not explain. Denying him now was unthinkable.  
        
He took her hand. “Come with me.” He spoke with a sliver of the south.

Jena begged her body not to obey, but regretfully it betrayed her. She went with him freely as he guided her through the opening of the sliding door and into her bedroom.

As they stood next to the bed, she was shaking all over. He attentively brushed her hair back from her face, and then ever so gently, lifted the damp nightgown over her head.

His eyes raked over her body approvingly. Jena was so beautiful, he thought, with the dim light of the lamp falling on the soft lines of her face. Her nipples stood rigid in tiny rosebud points. Her nakedness and vulnerability maddened him. Then his eyes locked onto her mouth. Her lips looked as soft as rose petals.

Shivers went through her when he reached out and cupped her cheek. His touch was frigid and cold. 

“I’m going to kiss you, Jena.” There was a razor-sharp edge beneath his soft-spoken words.    
 
Overwhelmed by his determination, she took a step back. He followed. She retreated until the back of her calves came against the edge of the bed and then he bumped into her.

Jena raised her hands in defense, fully intent on shoving him back. When they came up against his chest, she stood still, anticipating his next move.  

He leaned down and wooed her with his mouth before his tongue gained entrance. He felt her flinch, although she did not turn away. His tongue savored hers like she was something decadent and delicious.

This was ridiculous, Jena thought. She should be furious with him. He’d murdered her loved ones, and left her with a curse. Now, they were kissing. When she tasted her own blood, it ignited a flame inside her. Her breathing started to quicken.

Jena clutched her chest. The pain was so intense she nearly fell to her knees. It was as though her heart was suddenly pierced, and divided in half with a burning blade. Then, just as quickly as it had struck, the agony was gone, leaving her breathless and dizzy. 

Working her like a puppet attached to his own set of strings, he gently eased her down on the bed.

After a moment, he curled his lip off his front teeth. His fangs gleamed sharp and white in the lamplight. As Jena breathed in deep, she recognized the mix of heady scents from earlier.

“Please,” she said on a shaky breath, shame constricting her voice.

Lost in her sensual gaze, he could not fight his needs any longer. His desire rose, surprising him in its burning ferocity. It was a feeling he remembered from a long, long time ago.

An all-powerful need to mark her lit him up. Lifting his shirt over his head, he wrenched the thing off, and shrugged out of his pants.  
  
He lowered himself on top of her, but lightly, not letting his weight hurt her. When her breasts hit the wall of his chest, her body surged under his. As he shifted in between her legs, Jena absorbed his weight with a light moan. 

He looked down at her, wondering if she would give in to his curse, and join him for eternity.

Suddenly, he felt her hands on his shoulders, pulling at them as though she was begging to feel his lips against hers.

He leaned closer and kissed her again, feeling his fangs pressing against her. He ravished Jena with kisses all over, on her lips and her breasts, and her belly and on the insides of her silky, warm thighs.

She nearly sobbed, so aroused her legs started to shake.

While lavishing her body with attention, Jena let out a breathless gasp that brought his head up just so he could look at her beautiful face.

With her eyes closed, and her lips slightly parted, her body clenched. In the midst of her climax, she shuddered in silence, fighting the urge to cry out. Before her pulses faded, he rose above her, and entered in a single thrust, sliding in deep. With no pause whatsoever, he started to move in a rhythm that nearly made her lose it all over again. It was like nothing she had ever experienced.

His mouth broke open as he found his own release. As he climaxed, he stared at her neck, resisting the temptation to bite her . . . to taste her blood once again.

When he finally pulled from the warmth of her body, he shifted on his side. He wanted desperately to take her again, but he did not want to press. He’d managed to lure Jena in this far, and soon she would be at his side forever. Instead, he asked, “Will you welcome me again?”

“Yes,” she whispered, staring up at the ceiling seemingly lost in thought. It was as though her body was present, but her mind was miles away.

Jena finally turned to him, her eyes full of questions. “Please, tell me. What is your name?”

He lifted her hand and kissed it. “My name no longer matters,” he answered. “It’s only a faded memory of the man I used to be.”

Jena placed her hands to his face, staring at him with tears in her eyes. “Then I will call you,” she briefly paused, exhaling her breath. “My beloved.”  
  
He smiled to himself. In that moment, he knew without a doubt, she was his.

To be continued . . . 
 
 
 
 

 



Book of the Month contest entry


NOTE: This is not part of the chapter. A reference for terms and cast of characters, especially for new readers.

BREEDLINE - A species of humans that have the ability to change from human form into a wolf form. They are not like the old legend of the Lycanthropy myth. Breedline species can shift into their wolf at will. The moon has no power over them. They do not pass their ability to other humans with a bite or scratch like the Lycanthropy myth.
The Breedline only get their wolf if they are born with an identical twin. Although they live among humans, their species is secret.
In wolf form, they have super-strength, speed, and heightened senses. Compared to humans, Breedlines have tremendous advantages when it comes to health. Their bodies heal fast and are not subject to illnesses or diseases. The only thing that slows their healing process is silver. It is their kryptonite. Besides old age, a silver bullet to the brain is the only thing that can kill a Breedline.
All males change into their wolf at the age of eighteen. Females do not go through the change until they make love to their Breedline bonded mate.

BREEDLINE TWINS - Identical twins that are born from either one or both parents of the Breedline species. They have a strong, unbreakable bond from birth. Born with telepathic abilities, they have the power to sense the other's emotions or injuries. In some cases, the bond between twins are so strong, they cannot live without the other.

BREEDLINE BONDING - The male Breedline spends their life in search of their bonded mate. When two Breedlines experience a bond, they instantly feel a simultaneous, desirable attraction. They bond for life. It is possible for them to have more than one mate in their lifespan.

BELOVED - A word used by a Breedline to express the bond to their mate.

DOUBLE BONDED - In some cases, male Breedline twins bond with the same female but one will carry a stronger bond. Usually one of them must sacrifice for the other twin.

BREEDLINE COVENANT - The Breedline species must live within the boundaries of a Covenant. There is one in every state. A council governs their laws and oversees the species population.

THE BREEDLINE QUEEN - A Breedline queen is born once every one hundred years. Her massive stature, black fur, and red eyes are the queen's trademarks. Her alpha wolf has twice the strength, speed, and size of any Breedline. She rules over all the Breedline Covenants where she makes all the final decisions. This is their absolute True Law.

SUCCUBUS (a.k.a. CREEPERS) - Creatures that search for and feeds off the blood of the Breedline species. Creepers are skilled at extreme sexual pleasure, and the ecstasy they create is exceedingly intense and highly addictive. They cast off a scent that hypnotizes Breedlines into overwhelming sexual urges. They use their human-like bodies and beautiful features to control and influence their thoughts.
One much less obvious manifestation of Creepers is nightmares - realistic, graphic, terrifying nightmares that rob the Breedline of sleep. Over a period, it can lead to severe fatigue and depression, leaving them emotionally and spiritually drained. Death can occur if they ultimately take over the Breedline's body.

Angie Hawkridge - She is a Breedline, and Jena McCain's best friend.

Dr. Helen Carrington - She is a Breedline, and a physician at the California Bates Hospital for both Breedlines and humans. She is bonded to Alexander Crest.

Sebastian Crow - He is a half-breed, and Eve's bonded mate. He has the power to summons a portal. After his half-brother Jace kills him in self- defense, it released his soul into purgatory while the Chiang-Shih demon possesses his body when the Angel of Mercy cast him from Alexander's body. As he tried to portray Sebastian's life, Eve finally figures out his secret. Keeping her captive only to survive on her blood, he later develops feelings for her. The demon creates a death army, determined to dominate the world and unleash his wrath among humans and the Breedline. Now free from the demon, he is determined to reunite with his beloved Eve while she awaits her trial for the past crimes the Breedline Covenant. When Sebastian begs God for a second chance, the darkness within him is set free. After he turns himself in to the Breedline and accepts his punishment, Lucifer threatens to torture Sebastian with the horrible memories of his childhood past, reliving each dreadful day, unless he hands over his son Arius.

Lailah - She is a battle angel gifted with holy fire used to trap or immobilize demons and other evil supernatural beings, rather than killing them outright. Forty-one years ago, in her human life at age seventeen, she was savagely murdered. Although her killer got away with the crime, her younger brother, Detective Manuel Sanchez promises to dedicate his life trying to solve the murder.

Battle Angels - Their one purpose for existence is to serve the Creator in war against demons and evil havoc on earth. The battle angels were unlike any of the Creator's angels. The indigenous battle angels, on average, stood ten feet tall. Although, a few towered to the height of twelve feet with a more muscular build. Tattooed with unique warrior markings, the black-winged warriors were suited with armor typical of ancient heroes, and they wielded a type of sword associated with a long-gone empire. They are the bravest of angels, who consider only the importance of their mission, and are perfectly willing to give their life in the service of righteousness. Gifted with special powers, they fight against the dark side. They are particularly fond of the human race and consider themselves humanity's special protectors.

The Fury - Three fraternal twins created by an evil German scientist named Dr. Hans Autenburg. Using his own DNA, he mixed it with the genetics of a Breedline, an Adalwolf, and a powerful Wiccan. After he kidnapped Sonya Hothburn for her genetics of a full-blooded succubus, he forced her into surrogacy. When the children were born, he forbid Sonya to see her children.
Their purpose was to destroy the Breedline species and dominate the human world. The first-born Apollyon, meaning 'destroyer' in Greek grew up with the strength of ten men, and possessed the power to dematerialize, taking others with him, from one place to another. He can transform into a creature that resembles an Adalwolf, and a vampire-like hybrid. The second born, Callisto, meaning 'most beautiful,' developed the power to form a shield, protecting herself and others from harm. Electra, meaning 'the shining one' was last to be born. She has the power to conduct electricity from her body, using it as a weapon. Inheriting their species instinct and extraordinary power, their thirst to kill became uncontrollable. As they grew up, the Fury became more and more unstable and unruly. With an insatiable hunger for human flesh and unmanageable powers, they became a hindrance to the physician. He had no other choice but to drug and imprison them for all time, each one placed inside a sarcophagus in a state of deep slumber, until their mother discovered their whereabouts and set them free.

Lawrence Colbert - A Breedline council member of the New Jersey Covenant, trained in military tactics and as a medic who worked alongside Roman Kincaid, the Special Ops Team, and the Breedline Covenant to help take down Valkin Steele.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. scongrove All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
scongrove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.