Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted August 24, 2019 Chapters: 1 -2- 3... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
this is the second chapter in the Book of Miracles

A chapter in the book The Book of Miracles

Chapter 2. 3rd

by Iza Deleanu


        My name is Ramona, or at least it used to be before I moved here. Now I don’t know anymore, I’ve lost my identity on the 3rd. - Canada. Now they call me Ray Ray because I look like a ray of light: blonde, slim, killer green eyes, wavy hair, your usual blonde dumb chic, at least this is the honorable title that you get on the 1st. In the Arabic and Asian community, my friends call me Moon and the eastern Europeans are calling me, Mona. At work, my boss calls me, hey You from Eastern Europe. All these names for one person, what a rich aroma! On the 1st and 2nd, I had only one name – Ramona, now in the 3rd one I have an explosion… of cultural diversity. In the 1st-Romania, where I was born and lived until I went to University, I had a healthy boring life. When I went on the 2nd - Bulgaria, I have not felt different, we had the same culture and customs, the only difference was the language. I used to laugh more often, and I was myself, on the 3rd I am sad: lots of languages are flying past my ears, which I like, but I hate the masks that I have to wear every single moment of my life. I always walk telling myself: “Don’t let them see you, don’t show them your true soul, they will take advantage of it.”

        I moved here 10 years ago. Today I had a good look at myself: the same figure, but my eyes are so sad. Who the hell is this rag doll that is staring blankly at me? The Ramona I used to know back home on the 1st, was a confident and open-minded person, the Ray Ray that leaves here it is a very politically correct person. Man, my cheeks are hurting because of the fake smiles that I share left and right. When I decided to move here was for the stupid love and hope for a better life. After 10 years, I have nothing: my intellect is questioned every step the way, my feelings are hurt, and I have to say thank you and keep my mask of politeness even if inside I am boiling and want to scream the truth.

       My love life it’s a roller-coaster, my friends, most of them are fake as my smile! Come on Ramona, how much can you take of this full glass of poison, have you not have enough? The more you wait, the worse will get. Just go back to your 1st, you know the terrain, and you can easily navigate the uncertain waters. My pride ventures in front of me and tries to tell me that going back means to admit defeat. No matter what, the show must go on! Good job, Ramona, go back on the 3rd and be one more time Ray Ray, Moon or whatever you need to be to survive. It’s so sad, the shitty things that we have to do in the name of survival. “I hate you, Ray Ray! Te urasc! Mrazia te.... Now you have it; the 3rd, then 1st, and the 2nd.”





This is chapter 2 in the Book of Miracles. To understand this chapter you need to go back to chapter 1 The Noise. Thank you for reading any grammar or style comments are welcomed.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.