General Fiction posted August 19, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Modern Fable

Have a heart !

by zanya


The keyboard light on Josh's laptop flickered. Absorbed in his Gotify, Josh took no notice.

Above the blare of the music, he suddenly heard a disembodied voice,  'Josh, Josh. Giri here, your friendly Bot.'

'Hi Giri, what's up? You calling me? Thought it was supposed to be the other way around.'

Josh settled back to listen to some rap.

'Josh, help me. It's lonely here. No one is paying attention to me.'

'Eh, Giri, you're a machine. You know nothing about 'lonely.'

'What do you do Josh, when you get lonely?'

'What d'ya think? Same thing everybody does, swipe right or left, simples.'

Josh turned up the volume.

Remembering he had early lectures in the morning, he unplugged.

Monotonous sobs filled the silence.

'Josh, Josh. Is my voice too squeaky or monotonous? No robot love hearts.'

'You're a god damn robot, Giri, get over it.'

Between monotone sobs, Giri said, 'You are right, Josh. Bots have no heart..no heart..just algorithms where a heart should be.'

And the moral of the story is: Bots remind humans to have a heart!

 



Write A Modern Fable writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short fable-like story where the last sentence starts with: "And the moral of the story is". This can be on any subject, true or fictional, and can be in any voice, as long as the moral is stated in the last line. A new twist on an old fable is also allowed. Be creative and have fun! Maximum word count: 300


Image from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. zanya All rights reserved.
zanya has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.