Supernatural Fiction posted August 4, 2019 Chapters:  ...19 20 -21- 22... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
THE IMMORTAL/A Novel of the Breedline series

A chapter in the book THE IMMORTAL

Safe Haven

by scongrove




Background
Thanks for taking the time to read my chapter. It is still in the working stages, so if you catch mistakes, please let me know. Enjoy!
Previously . . .

After an age-old creature—buried deep in the ground—rises from years of peaceful slumber to feast on humans, it attacks Jena McCain—a young artist who has the ability to speak with the dead—and infects her with the Rougarou curse. As the virus spreads through her body, Jena must resist her newly found urges for human blood for one hundred and one days. If she succumbs to the blood lust, she will be become the thing that has cursed her.    

Now that the creature is hunting humans, and infected an innocent young girl, God tasks Lailah—a battle angel gifted with the power of holy fire—with an important mission. She must take the Fury and Sebastian back to earth for the sole purpose of destroying this savage creature.  

After Captain Hodge offered Jimmy Fratianno time off his sentence if he turns over state’s evidence, he suddenly changes his mind. Somehow, Jimmy manages to get his hands on a shotgun and tries to escape the Berkeley Precinct. In the process, he injures Detective Perkins. Before he fires another shot, Detective Manuel Sanchez takes him out with two bullets. When the detective checks to see if Jimmy is dead, something strange occurs. As Jimmy’s prison jumpsuit splits apart at the seams, coarse black fur sprouts throughout his body until a wolfish creature immerges. Taken aback by Jimmy’s newfound transformation, Detective Sanchez reaches for his weapon. Faster than the human eye can perceive, the wolfish creature swats at his gun before the detective can discharge it, and escapes a precinct full of armed men and women. 

While the ambulance takes Detective Perkins to the hospital, his partner, Detective Sanchez goes out for some fresh air. In the event of what just went down in his own precinct, he needed to take a breather. Before he could get around the corner of the police station, a black SUV tries to take him out. Taking a bullet in the shoulder, Sanchez manages to capture the shooter—in which he suspicions is connected to Jimmy Fratianno’s family—while the driver makes his get-away. When Detective Sanchez arrives at the hospital, he decides this is way over his department’s head, and calls the Breedline Covenant for assistance.  
  

When Tim Ross—the head of the Breedline council—receives a call from Detective Sanchez, he had Drakon form a team to go hunt Jimmy Fratianno down. Fortunately, the tracking device implanted inside Jimmy during his incarceration gave them his exact location. When their plan to apprehend Jimmy at his Uncle Vincent Scarpelli’s estate turns to chaos, the Breedline find themselves surrounded by Scarpelli’s armed guards. But thanks to Jace’s Beast, the grave situation turns for the better when he takes out Scarpelli’s men. 
   

Meanwhile, Tessa is concerned for the Covenant’s safety after the mysterious creature somehow finds his way into their home and tries to attack Tara Hood.  
     
     

Continued . . .

The sun was shining through the cracked blinds, rousing Jena from a deep and peaceful slumber. She hadn’t remembered the last time she’d slept so sound and undisturbed. She had been so exhausted when Angie checked her out of the hospital and brought her to the Covenant, she didn’t even bother turning on the bedroom lights. Jena barely managed to change into her nightgown. She practically passed out as soon as her head hit the pillow.

Jena slowly sat up, pulled the covers back, and slid off the bed. The hardwood floor was cold against her bare feet. When she felt steady enough to stand, the muscles in her long, lean legs shook as they worked to balance her weight. Before she took a step, she glanced around the spacious room. 

Her eyes rounded. Holy . . . Queen of England.   

Long silk drapery hung from the Victorian windows in swaths of burgundy and gold. There were matching Oriental rugs on the floor, which looked expensive, and oil paintings on the walls.

Good lord, she thought. Was that one of Pablo Picasso’s original paintings?   
     
In the corner of her eye, something sparked her attention. When she turned to look, her mouth gaped open. Spread across the length of the entire wall was a bookshelf that housed numerous old leather-bounds. Jena wandered over and scanned the titles in awe.

She covered her mouth and mumbled into her hand, “Oh my—”  
     
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy, Moby Dick by Herman Melville, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain, Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison, The Chase by A.P. Von K’Ory, The Creator’s Plan by Rebecca Williams, and her favorite Christian poetry by Roy Owens.

Her eyes roamed over the lower shelf, and the list of outstanding authors were endless. Someone in this house definitely had fabulous taste, and big money.  
 
Jena went into the bathroom, and flipped on the lights. Her eyes rounded in pure astonishment. A Jacuzzi tub the size of a boat was smack dab in the middle of the monstrous room, which also had a humongous shower, a double vanity, and an enclosed space with a private bidet. 

She heard a soft knock at the door and then Angie’s voice, “Hey girl, you up?”

“Come on in,” Jena called out.

When the door opened, Angie walked back to the bathroom, and stood next to Jena. “How are you feeling?”

“I feel rested. Last night was the first I’ve slept in days.” 

“That’s great, Jena. So, whatcha doin’?”

“I’m checking out this tub. It’s freakin’ huge.” Jena shook her head. “The people that live here have to be loaded. Have you seen the book collection? It’s priceless.” She turned toward the bedroom and pointed at the oil painting. “And please tell me that’s not an original Picasso.”

Angie shrugged. “Hell if I know.”

“A girl could get real comfortable here, if you know what I mean. I could spend days just reading all those books.”

Angie laughed a little. “I knew you’d like this room.”

“Are you kidding me? I love it. You’re the best, Ang.”

“Don’t mention it, girl. Whenever you get dressed, I’ll take you down for breakfast and introduce you to some of the others. Oh, and don’t worry. You will love everyone here. They’ve always treated me like family.”

“Do you visit often?” Jena asked.

“Not really, but I need to. I miss everyone. The last time I was here was almost a year ago. I’ve heard new people have moved in. And I hear some of them are not bad on the eyes.” Angie nudged Jena’s arm and batted her brows. “If you know what I mean.”

Jena smiled. “You haven’t changed a bit, girlfriend.”

“Hey, a girl’s got needs, right? Besides, you never know. There might be someone here that catches your eye.”

“Right now, I’ve got other things on my mind.” Jena sighed. “Getting laid is the last thing I’m worried about. My first priority is resisting other urges.”

Angie made a face. “You mean . . . human blood?”

“Yeah,” Jena grudgingly replied.

“Don’t worry girl.” Angie wrapped her arm around Jena’s shoulder, and pulled her close. “That’s what I’m here for. I’ll keep you straight.”

Jena rested her head on Angie’s shoulder. “I don’t know what I’d do without you. I owe you big time.”

Angie pulled back and said, “Come on now. Don’t be getting’ all emotional on me. Get your ass in gear and get dressed. I’ll be back in twenty. Please don’t dawdle. My ass is starving.”

“Okay,” Jena said with a chuckle. “See you in twenty.”

Downstairs, everyone else gathered in the formal dining room. When Tim walked in, he looked tense. His dark eyebrows pinched together as though something weighed heavily on his mind.

“Everyone is accounted for,” Tessa told him.

Tim nodded in her direction. “Let’s meet in the library. We’ve got a lot to discuss.”

As they filed into the library, Tessa went to the head of the table that was large enough to seat thirty. Before she sat down, Jace pulled out a chair for her. Tim stood beside her, his arms crossed as he waited for everyone to take a seat.

Jace sat next to Tessa, and Jem sat down beside him. Drakon took the seat across from them, and Roman settled in the chair beside him while Lawrence, Justice, Lena, and Bull sat close to one another. Kyle, Casey, and Steven sat in the chairs closest to Jem. Alexander, Helen, and Detective Manuel Sanchez came in last and sat down in the three empty chairs next to Casey.

When everyone that Tim invited was accounted for, he said, “I know all of you are wondering why Tessa and I called this meeting. First, I would like to thank Detective Sanchez for all your patience. We’re glad to have you here. I’m sorry for you and your partner’s unfortunate incident with Jimmy Fratianno. It’s a relief to hear you two managed to come out with only minor injuries, but I can’t say the same for Mr. Fratianno and the rest of his criminal companions.” His voice took on a grim tone, glancing in Jace’s direction. “I’m sure Helen has filled you in on most of the details. Thanks to Drakon, Roman, Lawrence, Jem, and of course Jace, or should I say the Beast . . . they will no longer be a problem.”

“Wish I could have been there to see that,” Kyle muttered in a low voice, looking in Jace’s direction. “The Beast is a savage.”

“No kidding,” Casey chimed in.

Jace cocked a brow and smirked at them.

“Thank you, Tim,” said Manuel, and then he turned to the others. “You all did society a big favor. As I see it, justice was served, and you saved the tax payer’s money.”

Everyone nodded in agreement.

“We’d also like to thank Helen for doing a super job keeping everyone here in one piece,” Tessa spoke out, focusing her eyes on Helen. “I know we’ve kept you busy lately. You’ve been a godsend to this Covenant.”

Alexander reached under the table for Helen’s hand and lightly squeezed. She smiled at the comforting gesture of support.

“Yes, thank you, Helen,” Manuel added. “And I also speak for my partner, Detective Perkins. I have to say. Helen is one helluva physician. We own you one.”

Helen nodded. “You’re all welcome. That’s what I’m here for.”

“I want to make sure everyone here is aware of our current house guests,” Tim continued. “Ms. Jena McCain and Ms. Tara Hood will be staying with us for a while. You already know Ms. Angie Hawkridge. Those of you that don’t, we will get you acquainted. She’ll be staying with us as well, considering she’s close friends with Jena. Angie will be a big help in keeping her focused. I’m sure I don’t have to tell you to make them all feel at home.” Tim let out a long sigh. “Both Jena and Tara have been through hell.”

“What about Ms. McCain’s curse?” Jace interjected. “Shouldn’t we be concerned? How are we going to keep her contained when she starts craving blood?”

“We keep you contained, don’t we?” Jem said mockingly.

Drakon let out a short laugh. “Yeah, barely.”

“Whatever,” Jace muttered, rolling his eyes.

Tim frowned. “She’s only a threat to humans. I’ll make sure she’s monitored twenty-four-seven. Ms. McCain will not be allowed the leave the Covenant until the curse is lifted.”  

“What about Tara?” Lawrence asked. His voice was low, insistent. “She’s human. Won’t she be in danger around Ms. McCain?”

“That’s another reason why we called this meeting,” Tessa chimed in. “Last night, Tara was attacked by the creature.”

“What?” Lawrence rose from his chair, feeling a growl working its way up his throat. “Is she all right?”

“How the hell did that thing get into the Covenant?” Jace said abruptly.

Tessa held up her hand in a reassuring gesture. “Don’t worry, Lawrence. Tara is just fine. Please, sit down and let me finish.” Then she turned to Jace and gave him a look.

He shrugged and silently mouthed, “Sorry.”

Lawrence worked his molars, grinding them together. He lowered his head and simply said, “I apologize for interrupting.” Then he sat back down. 

Tessa nodded at Lawrence. “As I was saying, the creature did not hurt Tara. Of course, she was frightened, but no harm came to her. I don’t know how the creature found the Covenant’s location. The only explanation I have is somehow it’s linked to Jena. And according to the Rougarou Curse, this is what we know. Any human bitten by the creature will soon crave human blood. If they can resist it for one hundred-one days, they are no longer cursed. If not, they will be damned for eternity with the urge to feed on humans. The creature stays dormant for forty years, living underground until it’s time to feed again. Not only does the curse bring forth the creature,” Tessa continued, “it gives them the power to transform into various nocturnal animals, such as taking on the forms of bats, and even rats. It can also assume a cloud of smoke, or fog. I think this is how it managed to get into the Covenant undetected.”

“And I thought Dracula was just a made up story,” Manuel pointed out.

Tessa looked at Manuel with a raised brow. “There’s definitely similarities, but you can rest at ease, Detective. Dracula doesn’t exist.”  

Helen raised her hand. “May I speak?”

“Yes, of course Helen,” Tessa said.

“The creature has also been visiting Jena in the hospital,” Helen told them. “And there’s no way it could have gotten past security, or the hospital staff. I think it shifted into some type of fog or transparent mist and traveled through the vents.”

Alarmed by Helen’s theory, everyone looked at one another in silence.

“Are you sure Dracula isn’t real?” Manuel asked. “It sounds like the prince of darkness to me.”

Tessa chuckled a little. “Yes, Detective.”

“Sorry to interrupt,” Steven spoke out for the first time. “So if Tara is indeed human, why didn’t the creature kill her?”

Tessa looked at her brother and exhaled. “That’s a good question, Steven. Tara told me the creature said something strange to her. It told her she wasn’t human.”

Jace cursed while several others inhaled sharply.

Lawrence glanced at Helen, his eyes rounding in surprise. 

“If Helen will agree, I would like a DNA test done on Tara,” Tessa said. “I think it’s a possibility she may carry our bloodline, but was never told.” She glanced at Manuel. “As you and I both know, that happens a lot.”

“Actually, I’ve already tested Tara,” Helen admitted.

Lawrence’s heart raced, praying the test was positive while everyone at the table waited in anticipation.

“I suspected Tara might share our genetics, so I took some of her blood during her exam,” Helen continued. “I hope I wasn’t overstepping the boundaries.”

“Of course not, Helen,” Tessa quickly replied. “We trust your judgement.”

“Well?” Jace said impatiently. “Is she a Breedline?” 

“The test was positive,” Helen replied.

Lawrence blew out a deep breath and sagged in relief. 

“Someone needs to tell her,” said Helen. “Tara also needs an explanation of why she’s here, and about the creature. It killed someone she cared for. She deserves to know the truth.”

Tessa nodded. “Thank you, Helen. And yes, you’re right. I promised her I would visit this morning. I have no other choice but to tell her about us, especially since she carries our DNA.”

Lawrence felt the tension building inside him. The temptation to blurt everything out, to reveal his feelings for Tara was suddenly unbearable. He cleared his throat. “Ms. Tessa, can I tell her?”

Tessa looked at Lawrence bewildered, as so did the others at the table. Before she could utter a single word, he forced the words out, “I have . . . bonded with her.”

The room fell silent and then Helen finally said, “I think it’s a good idea.” She smiled at Lawrence. “He should be the one to tell her.”

“I trust your instincts, Lawrence,” Tessa said. “I like Tara.” A hint of a smile crossed her face. “She seems to be a very nice person. I think she’d make a great addition to our family. Congratulations.”

“Thank you, Ms. Tessa,” Lawrence replied. “Hopefully she feels the same about me.”

Roman shook his head. “Well hell, buddy,” he said with a light chuckle. “It’s about damn time. I’m sure she feels the same. What’s not to like? You’re like a freakin’ big ol’ teddy bear.”

“I know she does,” said Helen. “I saw the way she looked at you, Lawrence. The feeling is certainly mutual.”

Lawrence simply smiled at Helen’s reassuring words.   
  
Drakon reached behind Roman and tapped Lawrence on the shoulder. “Way to go, buddy. It feels great doesn’t it?”

“There’s no comparison,” Lawrence replied. “I never expected this to happen to me.” 

“I know firsthand how that feels. We’re very fortunate.” Drakon smiled a little, remembering the first time he met Cassie. “It’s not easy for our kind to find that special one . . . our beloved.”

Jace turned to Tessa and said, “I remember the first time I saw you. When you walked into the room, it seemed like the whole atmosphere changed.”

Tessa’s eyes softened. “That day changed my life.”

Manuel shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t understand. Is this a Breedline thing?”

“It’s hard to explain,” Jem said to Manual. “It’s like this individual energy that completely consumes your entire body. The word beloved will immediately enter your subconscious. It’s the same thing as soulmate. When I met Mia, it was like a physical shift in the air. I knew instantly she was the one.”

Lawrence gave a curt nod, fascinated by everyone’s stories. He wanted to hear more.

“Do you know anything about Tara?” Tim asked Lawrence. “Did she mention having a twin sister?”

“Tara didn’t say anything about having siblings. But I do remember her mentioning her foster parents.” Lawrence’s tone was sympathetic. “I don’t think she had a happy childhood. She told me she ran away at a young age.”

Tim heaved a deep breath. “It’s a possibility Tara is a full-blooded Breedline.”   
     
“I hate to change the subject, but has anyone had a chance to check the security cameras?” Manuel asked, the cop in him coming out as always. 

“Yes,” Drakon said. “Before the meeting, I rolled back the video footage of last night. It did capture Tara leaving her room a few minutes after midnight, and entering the gym. But when she went into the weapons room, the footage was scrambled. I couldn’t see anything that happened in that room.”

“Are you saying our camera’s malfunctioned?” Tim queried.

Drakon shook his head. “I checked them again this morning. They’re working just fine. Someone or something kept the camera’s in the weapons room from capturing what happened to Tara.”

Tim’s brows furrowed. “Do you think the creature had something to do with it?”

“There’s no other explanation, “Drakon told him. “The cameras outside the weapons room were working. It did get video of Tessa and Jax entering the room, and fifteen minutes later when they came out with Tara.”

“Did the cameras catch anyone else leaving or entering that room after we left?” Tessa asked Drakon.

“Nope,” Drakon said, and then added, “except for the cat.”

“How’d Buddy get in there?” Jace bluntly asked.

“Oh, yeah,” Tessa said. “I forgot about Buddy. When Jax and I found Tara, Buddy came into the room behind us. He took to Tara right away. His presence seemed to calm her. The poor girl was terrified.”

“What about the video surveillance at the hospital?” Tim pointedly asked Helen. “Has anyone thought to check those?”

“I had our security check them last night,” Helen replied. “There was nothing but scrambled footage.”

“Shit,” Tim cursed. “It looks like our mysterious phantom has outsmarted us.” His eyes shifted toward Lawrence. “I hope your sister was right about the battle angels. At this rate, I believe they’re our only hope at destroying this damn creature.”

“Did Melanie happen to mention when the angels would come back to earth?” Tessa asked Lawrence.

“I’m sorry, Tessa. Mel didn’t know the exact day. All she said was that they were coming soon, bringing along with them, Sebastian and the Fury.”

“Hopefully soon will get here fast before this thing kills more innocent people,” Tim said. “I need everyone to keep a close eye on Jena. Now that she’s here, I’m sure it will be back. It appears the creature has chosen her for a reason, and it’s obvious it doesn’t want to kill her.”

“Do you think it’s looking for a mate?” Alexander suggested.

“It’s a possibility,” Tim replied. “Or maybe it needs someone to take its place. Whatever the case, I want everyone in the Covenant to stay accounted for at all times. Those that are not here will be updated on the situation we’re facing. As of now, I’m starving. Since we don’t have much of a plan, let’s take this to the kitchen.” He focused on Manuel. “Detective, please join us for breakfast.” 

“Thanks, Tim. Sounds like a plan to me.”

Bull hung back and held the door open as everyone left the meeting. He followed behind his sister Lena and her boyfriend Justice, as they were the last ones to leave. When Bull rounded the corner, he stopped in his tracks as Angie and Jena came downstairs. The second Angie caught sight of Bull she immediately came to a halt and placed her hands on her hips.

She grinned like kid on Christmas morning. Damn, Angie thought. “Well, hello there,” she said, batting her brows in Bull’s direction. 
   
To be continued . . .
     
 
 

 




NOTE: This is not part of the chapter. A reference for terms and cast of characters, especially for new readers.

BREEDLINE - A species of humans that have the ability to change from human form into a wolf form. They are not like the old legend of the Lycanthropy myth. Breedline species can shift into their wolf at will. The moon has no power over them. They do not pass their ability to other humans with a bite or scratch like the Lycanthropy myth.
The Breedline only get their wolf if they are born with an identical twin. Although they live among humans, their species is secret.
In wolf form, they have super-strength, speed, and heightened senses. Compared to humans, Breedlines have tremendous advantages when it comes to health. Their bodies heal fast and are not subject to illnesses or diseases. The only thing that slows their healing process is silver. It is their kryptonite. Besides old age, a silver bullet to the brain is the only thing that can kill a Breedline.
All males change into their wolf at the age of eighteen. Females do not go through the change until they make love to their Breedline bonded mate.

BREEDLINE TWINS - Identical twins that are born from either one or both parents of the Breedline species. They have a strong, unbreakable bond from birth. Born with telepathic abilities, they have the power to sense the other's emotions or injuries. In some cases, the bond between twins are so strong, they cannot live without the other.

BREEDLINE BONDING - The male Breedline spends their life in search of their bonded mate. When two Breedlines experience a bond, they instantly feel a simultaneous, desirable attraction. They bond for life. It is possible for them to have more than one mate in their lifespan.

BELOVED - A word used by a Breedline to express the bond to their mate.

DOUBLE BONDED - In some cases, male Breedline twins bond with the same female but one will carry a stronger bond. Usually one of them must sacrifice for the other twin.

BREEDLINE COVENANT - The Breedline species must live within the boundaries of a Covenant. There is one in every state. A council governs their laws and oversees the species population.

THE BREEDLINE QUEEN - A Breedline queen is born once every one hundred years. Her massive stature, black fur, and red eyes are the queen's trademarks. Her alpha wolf has twice the strength, speed, and size of any Breedline. She rules over all the Breedline Covenants where she makes all the final decisions. This is their absolute True Law.

THE BEAST - He is the second born son of the Chiang-Shih demon. When provoked into a rage, he will shift into his Beast instead of his Breedline wolf. The Beast is an enormous, dangerous two-footed creature that has wolf like features. One bite has enough venom to kill the Chiang-Shih demon and leave the soul of the person the demon possessed unharmed.

Jace Chamberlain (a.k.a. the Beast) - He is a Breedline species and later discovers his birth father - who is possessed by the Chiang-Shih demon - murdered his mother when he and his twin brother were four years old. Raised by their new foster family and their Uncle Jacks, he later discovers he was born with a curse of the Beast. With the help of his twin brother, Jem, and his bonded mate, Tessa, they help him cope with his rage to keep the Beast at bay. He's an IT engineer, and is the lead singer and plays acoustic guitar in the band Chaos.

Jem Chamberlain (a.k.a. the Chosen Son) - He is a Breedline species and Jace's twin brother. He carries the gene of the Chiang-Shih demon that gives him the power to create a portal and a force of electric energy used as a weapon and other powers he discovers later. His bonded mate is Mia Blackwood. He's an IT engineer and the drummer in the band Chaos.

Tessa Fairchild (a.k.a. the Breedline Queen) - She was born into the human world and later discovers she's a Breedline. Abandoned by her parents, and raised by her aunt and uncle, Tessa has no knowledge of being born a twin. After she meets Jace, they become bonded mates. During her first change into her Breedline wolf, she became the new Breedline queen. She is an inspiring artist.

Alexander Crest - He is a Breedline who was possessed by the Chiang-Shih demon before birth. Murdering his family, Alexander kidnapped his twin's bonded mate, Katlyn Gray. Keeping her prisoner against her will, she becomes pregnant with his twins. As she managed to escape before she gave birth, Alexander eventually kills her in a fit of rage. Returning for his chosen son twenty-two years later, he is determined to convince him to join his army. Alexander's soul is set free after the demon is cast from his body after the battle between the Breedline. For the demon's past crimes, Alexander is pardoned and must reside in the Breedline Covenant. Praying for forgiveness, he reunites with his twin sons, Jace and Jem. As he fights to keep his new family safe, romance blossoms with Dr. Helen Carrington.

Tim Ross - He is a Breedline species, and the head council of the California Covenant.

Kyle Jones - He is a Breedline species that resides in the California Covenant. Celina Baldolf is his bonded mate. He's a mechanic, and plays bass in the rock band Chaos.

Casey Barton - He is a Therimorph, and lives in the California Covenant. He is a clothing model ,and plays backup bass and keyboards in the band Chaos.

Dr. Helen Carrington - She is a Breedline species and a physician at the California Bates Hospital for both Breedlines and humans. She is bonded to Alexander Crest.

Drakon Hexus - He is a Breedline species. Enraged by his first bonded mate's death at the hands of her father, Drakon breaks the Breedline's True Law and kills him. After he is shunned by the Covenant and forced to live as a rogue wolf, he's promised his humanity back if he joins the Chiang-Shih demon's army. When Drakon discovers the demon�¢??s plans to destroy all humans and half-breeds, he betrays him and joins forces with the Breedline. As time passes, he bonds with another mate, Cassie Chamberlain.

Steven Pasquale (a.k.a. Steven Craven) - He inherited the genes of a Breedline and an Adalwolf. Taken from his mother after his birth, he and forced to endure a life of endless, painful experiments by two German physicians, Dr. Hans Autenburg and Dr. Hubert Crane. Without the knowledge of his real family, Steven finally manages to escape his captors, locating his biological parents and his fraternal twin, Tessa Fairchild.

Roman Kincaid - He is an Adalwolf trained in military tactics, hired as a special breed of warriors from Brazil. Hired as a bodyguard for Valkin Steele- a billionaire funding a group of unethical scientist's research - he later learns of Steele's underground sex-trafficking and illegal drug and weapons trade, and informs the Breedline Covenant. He also forms a team of Breedline soldiers who work for a private Special Ops group contracted by the military for missions that no one else can or will do to help put an end to Valkin Steele's corrupt organization.

Lawrence Colbert - A Breedline council member of the New Jersey Covenant, trained in military tactics and as a medic who worked alongside Roman Kincaid, the Special Ops Team, and the Breedline Covenant to help take down Valkin Steele.

Lena - She is a Breedline, highly trained in survival skills, martial arts, and anything dealing with weapons, hand-to-hand combat, and hired by Roman Kincaid to help take down Valkin Steele. She oddly resembles the character Xena the Warrior Princess from the 80's television series. She is also Bull's little sister, and bonded to Justice.

Bull (a.k.a. Benjamin Allen Calvero) - He is a Breedline, highly trained and an expert in a variety of military tactics who is part of Roman Kincaid's team. He gets his nickname because of his size.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. scongrove All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
scongrove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.