General Fiction posted June 10, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A look into the mind of a creator. Is it fact or fiction?

In The Beginning

by poetwatch


The commander speaks. "What is it that brings me to this corner of empty space? I hear its call, but there's only darkness. Yet, I feel beautiful sensations radiating from this place. It's as if voices from the past want to be heard."

"We could create some light to brighten our surroundings." Damon says, "You know that I like to see into everything."

A look is shared by the rest of the crew, but no words are spoken.

"What sort of light?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe some sparkles in the darkness for starters."

"Michael, ready the star cannon. I want a steady spray, spread out at the indicated coordinates."

"Yes, Sir."

"Fire when ready."

As the battalion commander concentrates on creating the exact coordinates in the darkness, Damon smiles.

The engines hum with e-energy, the original force of the universe, and stars are born in a vast corner of space.

"Very good, Michael, but those stars are too far out. Create one that's closer."

"Damon! I give the orders here."

"I'm sorry, my Liege. It's just that the stars are pretty, and they do give out some light, but it's still dark."

"For you maybe, but I can see. Michael, I want you to throw some terra bombs and blast a hole in the space in front of us. Afterwards, I want a star to shine light on it."

"But, my Liege," says Damon, "terra bombs in space will make a solid object. Why do we need anything way out here?"

"You may be beautiful to behold, but you're becoming bothersome. Be gone from my sight! Kris, stand by my side."

As Kris stands on the right side of his Liege, Damon snarls in silence.

"Kris, what do you think? I know that you cannot feel everything I can, but you and Damon were one of the first to see the light. Do you think we can create a paradise, a world from the ruins that war left here, a world that can sustain life? There is only darkness left, and we're the builders of the universe. What do you think?"

"My Lord, may I speak in all truth?"

"I would not ask if I didn't want to know what you think. I want to see how much you've grown, my son."

"Forgive me, my Lord. I know that you know all. We've built worlds in many places of the universe, some hold life. In most places I felt nothing. This section throbs with so many feelings that when we first came upon it, I couldn't speak. My Lord, could you tell me why it is so?"

"You are ready for your first assignment. I want you to bring life to the planet that's being created. Michael, I want you and those you select, to make the necessary preparations and help Kris in this assignment. Damon you stay here and learn."

Damon says nothing, but his eyes glow.



Create a Chapter contest entry


This is a creation of the imagination. There are wars to be fought and love to be sought. Danger and demons dance hand-in-hand, but love shall be penned by my muse's hand. (I hope) :)

Thank you simonka.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by simonka at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. poetwatch All rights reserved.
poetwatch has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.