War and History Fiction posted June 7, 2019 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 9... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A promise to reunite a mother and her daughter.

A chapter in the book Rise from the Fall

Reunion

by Rinshikai


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for language.
The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.



Background
Colton Arverni is an auxiliary soldier in service to the Empire. When an aspiring new commander jeopardizes the northern frontier, Colton's life is changed forever.

Colton

In my morning haze, my door creaks open to shuffling steps. I move, but I'm weighed down by something. Then last night hits me. Becka is lying on top of me, her expression peaceful. I almost feel bad for having to wake her. With my free hand, I shake her. Groans, then snuggling, is her response. Those damn piercings rub against me, and my cock touches her thigh. She pins me down, and her rosy cheeks say it all.

"What?" we start to grapple, only for the blinding light of day to stop us in our tracks. From the protection of my hand, a familiar figure hides in the morning glow. "A little warning would have been nice, Servious!" He closes one of the windows doors with a laugh, allowing my sight to return.

He places fresh clothes on the desk. "I'm too old to be breaking up fights," he speaks in the northern tongue. "Besides, Miss Giselle wants you to join her this morning." Instantly memories I'd rather forget claw at me. "Colton," he buries my thoughts. "I know you and Giselle have had your differences, but she does care for you and your sister in her way." He tries to reassure me, acting like the parent I had lost.

Forcing my attention, Becka glares at me, "My mother, you said that Giselle has her."

"She does indeed," he answers. "I will escort you to her as soon as you change." Becka stands up, but the rope stops her, dragging me down with her. Before hitting the ground, I pull her into my lap, and the sausage is now between her buns. Blood rushing to our faces, I unbind us as quickly as possible. We steal glances from one another, and the red from our faces only deepens. I use the bucket, relieving myself of last night's wine.

With my soldier no longer at attention, the pain in my hand flares up. Unraveling the binding, my hand is a red mess. Dried blood fills every toothmark, leaving a crimson smile. I fear if I move my fingers, the river will flow again. While I had used most of the poultice for Becka, there should be some left. On my desk, what's left is seeping out like tree sap. I quickly apply what I can and then rebadged myself.

"What in the world are those?" Becka points at the leathered straps Servious offers her.

"These are sandals. I guess you wouldn't see them in the Northlands." He offers to help her, but the walls go up. Our eyes lock, and he takes the hint. "I'll wait outside." With the door closed, I toss her some clothes he had left her. However, all I get from her is a look of confusion when she inspects them.

I let my clothes hit the ground, throwing them on the bed. "Don't tell me you've never seen a naked man before?" My actions leave her flushed, hiding behind her hand. "Look, the sooner you change, the sooner you can see your mother."

"Fine." With a twist of her shoulders, my shirt falls to her ankles. The glint from her piercings drew my attention, and she quickly covered herself. "Haven't you ever seen a naked woman before? " Lips curl into a smile, mocking me for staring. We promptly dress the rustling of cloth, our only companion. "There, you happy now" I slide my clean shirt on, and I'm impressed with what I see. The simple dress hugs her, accentuating her curves.

Gesturing to the bed, "I'll help you with the sandals."

Arms crossed, she plops down, offering her leg to me like a spoiled brat. "Just get it over with." Her impatience oozed off her. Kneeling, I crisscross the strips until they reach the knees. Satisfied with my work, I offer my hand. "Can we go now?" I nod, and she rushes to the door. However, I pull her into a bear hug. "Hey!" She dangles like a cat in my arms.

"Becka, promise me you'll behave. Ok?" We're so close we can taste each other's breath. "If anyone says or tries anything, ignore them. " My grip tightens, "It's not worth it; believe me, I know."

"Ok, I promise to be good. Can we go now?" Letting go, she lands gracefully, dragging me through the door. As expected, our presence sent a wave of gossip through the estate. Their stares ask who Becka is, filling ears with rumors. But they scurry away like rats fearing the old cat would catch them.

We arrive at Giselle's quarters. Two living fortresses of scale and chain protected the doors, towering over us like golems. "Lady Giselle is expecting us," Servious said. The pair glance at each other, then pull the double doors open. We enter a lavish common room illuminated by four windows. Furs and pelts litter the space, offering comfort from the Imperial walls. In the center of the room, a long table acts as the centerpiece.

On one side sits Giselle, ambassador for the Northlands. Veins of silver creep through her golden locks tied in a single bun. Next to her is my sister, squinting at a parchment. Across from them is a woman I'm sure I know. Becka stops dead in her tracks, and the tears start to fall. Their eyes lock, and they rush to embrace each other, falling to their knees.

She stops Becka's tremors, whispering comforting words, rocking her like an infant. She calms her weeping daughter, stroking her hair. This moment sends me back to that day. It warms my heart knowing I could unite them. I'm pulled back by Giselle's rising, signaling me to sit. However, Becka stops me. "You kept your promise." She said through sniffles and tears.

I kneel, "A promise is a promise." She tackles me down with a hug, nuzzling my neck. Blood rushing to my face, I slowly hugged her back. I was surprised when her mother grabbed my shoulder. I had expected a glare, but she offered her thanks wiping the river from her cheeks.




Character List
Colton: Main POV Character
Giselle: Colton's foster mother
Enid Colton's younger sister
Becka: POW from the north
Servious: Slave that raised Colton.

This chapter is a rewrite of chapter 8. I ask that reviewers provide a minimum of one thing they liked and disliked. If you see errors or something that can be improved, don't hesitate to point it out. I can't otherwise enhance.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Rinshikai All rights reserved.
Rinshikai has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.