Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted May 25, 2019 Chapters:  ...26 27 -28- 29... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
U.S. Political Aspects of Pears ?

A chapter in the book Me and You - 40+ years of Poems V2

A Pair of Political Pears

by QC Poet

 A Pair of Pears leaning on each other seemingly Without any Cares?
Asian or "Apple texture" pears can be eaten once picked and cleaned off their stem,
The European/French type get pulled a bit early so they don't over ripen!
"Oops", a pear fell over is it now Wishing and Hoping that Nobody Stares? 
Each tree raised to be productive with their fruits examined like a gem!
Some are sold to Nations with a different "Allegiance" than yours with "Nobody Gripen"?

Grown here with a Foreign sounding Name though most are produced in the Northwest of the U.S.A.!
Are those pictured here Now Maybe Saying one to the other - "I Hope you Had a Great Stay"?
Will they wonder if They'll Get Selected to be "Exported" or Think about any other "Political Hype"? 
Not knowing on Whose tables they Will End Up on for them It Won't Matter!
They'll only want to be ripe, delicious, juicy and Possibly be a little Fatter?
This might be the Wrong Word to Use but again they "Don't Run For Office" or even "Twitter Type"! 

U-Pick and Big Farm Operations have long Become Consumer Norms,
for this Delicious Fruit and Sweetener Used in So Many Different Kinds of our favorite Foods!
Farm Stands are Still a Way for People to Feel more Secure with their "Own Pick"!
This Idea Helped many U.S. Farmer's to Rid us of Fears of a Foreign Name that Might have Made them Sick?
What's Obvious is It Works extremely Well and Changed Many of our U.S. Consumers Moods!
It's in Many vinaigrettes, baby foods, glazes, and fruit bars found Today on Tables and in our College Dorms! 

Marketing season's Depend and Differ by State along with their Kinds and Varieties, 
With Picking seasons Usually beginning from July and for some pears ending up through November!
You maybe Surprised to Learn Where they'll End Up After They Go?
Besides being delicious They Help Feed many Different Cultures and Societies!
Something in Times of Trouble We may Forget and then Don't Remember?
We also Provide them to Various top selling countries like United Arab Emirates, Russia, Canada, and Mexico!

 




A Pair of Political Pears?
By; George Martinez
5/21/2019
A Pair of Pears - Pix This Poem Entry Submission

Notes; pear information from article udated by:
Gina Marzolo, graduate student of Agricultural Sciences, California State University, Pomona
July 2015 by Malinda Geisler content specialist,
Ag Marketing Resource Center, Iowa State University
A. Six main states producing pears - California, Michigan, Oregon, Pennsylvania, New York, and Washington
B. Exported to Mexico, Canada, Russia, United Arab Emirates
C. Imported into U.S.A. from - Argentina, South Korea, and Chile.

Club entry for the "'A Pair of Pears'" event in "Picture This ".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. QC Poet All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
QC Poet has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.