General Fiction posted May 24, 2019 Chapters: 2 3 -4- 5... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Kontroz examines the dead to discover who's missing.

A chapter in the book Assassin Nation

Assorted Sordid

by Bill Schott


Characters:
Sonny Sullivan, President of the United States, deceased
Red Appleton, Vice President of the United States
Connie Highland, Senate Majority Leader
Samantha Anthra, Adviser to the President
C. C. Connor, Chief of Staff, assumed dead
Rusty Pipes, Under Secretary of Cabinet Affairs assumed dead
Manuel Kontroz, Assistant to Rusty Pipes
Ben Baker, aka Butcher of Baghdad aka Bobby Do, assassin
G.I. Joseph, old assassin
Phil Rupp
, Speaker of the House
Ryan Deere, new Under Secretary of Cabinet Affairs

----------------------
In the previous chapter:
The President's assistant, Samantha Anthar,  has killed him and made it look like natural causes. Manuel Kontroz, a secret operative, has been dispatched to find what has happened to the President's Chief of Staff. He found a female near death and sent her to Washington in his trick plane.

------------------------
Having received the message that the President was dead, Manuel realized that he would need to speed up this operation and find a way back to Washington. Reaching into the butt pack, he had coveniently attached on his waist, he withdrew a small device which resembled a pack of gum. It was olive drab in color and had no writing or marking on it at all. He had chips implanted in his index fingers for use with certain devices. This made the access of these items possible for him alone.

Also, from the pouch, he pulled a single framed lens which attached with a clip to the bridge of his nose. The lens hung in front of his right eye and became a screen for video input. By touching the small 'gum pack' with his left index finger in a certain way, he could work with data, control similarly programmed equipment, and a myriad of other wonders. For now, he would be identifying all the corpses here.

Touching the device and sliding his finger down a centimeter, a list of likely personnel to be found here appeared in his spectacle. Now, on a trot, he went to each of twenty fallen soldiers near the enclosure. A quick press of the device on a finger revealed the person and eliminated him/her from the list, to be stored elsewhere. The capture of fingerprint data and transfer of information was fluid and quick. He finished with these twenty within a minute. A passing look determined that they were all killed by experts in target selection, as they each had slashes and cuts in the most lethal areas on their bodies. Done with them, he proceded to the netted area.
---------------------------
Meanwhile, back in the White House, the Vice President was sworn in and a train of advisers were lining up to fill him in on the world he now controlled. President Appleton immediately appointed Ms. Anthra as his Chief of Staff. Soon, Speaker of the House, Phil Rupp, and Senate Majority Leader, Connie Highland appeared on the scene.  After several meetings, a speech to the American citizens, and a quick call to all the global allies and adversaries, the new President, his Chief of Staff, and the Speaker of the House were gathered alone in the Oval Office. 

"Hell of a day!" said President Appleton. "Almost over for me, but just beginning for you two."

"We have another helicopter available, sir," said Sam.

"Who is involved?"

"We'll be taking St. John Johnson and the Speaker tonight. There is a man at the scene who will organize whoever is there and, if necessary, handle it alone."

Phil Rupp looked on in confusion. "Are you referring to me? I'm not going anywhere."

"What happened to Phil, Sam?" asked the President with a smile.

"He took his private jet up to visit his father in the Virgin Islands; he disappeared."

"Why Johnson?" asked the President.

"Why Johnson?!" shouted the Speaker. "What do you think you're doing!? I'm not going anywhere with you or flying anywhere else!"

Ignoring the outburst, Samantha explained that St. John Johnson had made inquiries about some other staffers who have gone missing.

Within thirty minutes, the Speaker of the House, Assistant to the Under Secretary of Cultural Affairs, St. John Johnson, Samantha Anthar, and the new Under Secretary of Cabinet Affairs, Ryan Deere were on a helicopter heading to a secure location. Speaker Rupp and Johnson were given instructions, the appropriate weapons (pistol and knife), boot string, and parachute; both were stripped naked and escorted to a helicopter.

As the helicopter approached the regular jump point, and Deere had opened the loading door, Johnson made a move to attack the Cabinet Affairs Under Secretary with his assigned fighting knife. Samantha intercepted him and quickly disarmed him by snapping his wrist in a move which looked like a handshake gone wrong.

Picking the knife up, Samantha said, "You'll need this," then jammed it into Johnson's upper left leg.

In a panic, Learp ran through the opening and fell screaming. Whether he knew how to deploy his parachute was unknown.

Samantha took a static line, which was attached to sliding rod on the ceiling of the helicopter, and connected it to Johnson's rip cord. This would ensure his chute opened. With that done, she kicked him in the face and sent him tumbling out of the hatch.
----------------------
Below, Manuel, who had already identified every body, including those by the crashed helicopter, and an arm he had found where a body may have landed coming straight down from the drop position, stood waiting for whoever was being dumped here to appear. He was only slightly surprised when a body slammed to the ground only a few meters from him. Whispering to himself, "Thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness; I cast thee to the ground; I lay thee before all, that they may behold thee."


He texted Samantha:  XC in BC.  Woman?  BL new.

Reading the text on her device, she saw an exception in the body count, an inquiry about the female in the plane, and an onsite observation of the Speaker of the House's final move in the game of politics.

Texting back: XC?  Following that with: LZ now.

Samantha got Ryan Deere's attention and then vigorously pointed to the deck of the vehicle. He, in turn, walked to the pilot and told him that they were landing immediately.


------------------------------
At the provisional landing strip behind the Government Accounting Office building, an ultralight makes a perfect landing and taxis to spot a few hundred feet from the building. The vehicle is approached by two figures who open the hatch. One places a zip gun to the head of the female passenger. The sound, similar to a hammer hitting a nail, ensures a bullet is lodged in the now dead woman's brain. The body is removed and, soon after, destroyed.











 




XC in BC = Exception in body count

BL new = Bad landing for new person

LZ now = landing zone immediately

Thanks to kpsmiles21 for use of the image.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by kpsmiles21 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.