General Fiction posted May 20, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A love story

A Bunch Of Violets

by Heather Knight


Lisa and Josh had been married for thirty years and even though they still loved each other, all the oomph was gone from their marriage.

She knew everything about him and he finished her sentences for her.

Lisa wasn't happy. When she went for a walk, she looked at young couples enviously, trying to remember what it was like.

Josh was distant, always working and she suspected him of having an affair.

And then something happened. Something that brought back her smile.

She started receiving love letters. And from time to time she got a bunch of her favourite flowers. How could her secret lover know she liked violets?

Lisa didn't overthink. She just enjoyed her newfound happiness.

When Josh came back from work at night, he watched the transformation and smiled to himself. He never said anything. He knew what it was all about... he had sent the letters himself. Maybe he'd tell her one day... but not just yet.



Recognized


This is story is not original. It's based on a song my mum used to listen to.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.