General Fiction posted May 17, 2019 Chapters:  ...39 40 -41- 42... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Grumpy Cat dies of the same infection Prissy had.

A chapter in the book Prissy's Corner

Prissy's Corner # 41

by Dawn Munro


So here she is, friends and fans, in all her glory. Isn't my Mommy cute? This is what I see every day, except Sunday, and then as soon as she gets home from church and changes clothes again, washes the makeup off her face.

So I'm fat? I am NOT that fat -- in the picture she posted of me yesterday I had a pillow at my back. It added bulk that is not the real me. I am pleasantly plump.

"Prissy! What have you DONE? Eeeeekkk!"

"Hah. There ya go, Mommy Babe. Not so great, huh?"

"No, not at all. I am surprised at you. That ONE picture is YEARS OLD, and we were building a dog run."

"Well, err, I didn't even choose some of the worst pictures. What about the one of you sticking out your tongue, huh?"

"That was all in fun, and besides, I already posted that one."

"You DID?"

"Yes, I DID."

"When? I didn't see it..."

"Do you read everything I write?"

"Err..."

"Well?"

"Err..."

"Is this one on Facebook too?"

"Umm..." (Not yet. Look at that picture of your feet on me, like I am a footstool!)

"You should know better, Miss Priss."

"Uhh..."

"I have posted MANY images of myself without makeup, in the clothes I wear around the house, doing silly things -- it's not what you look like, Miss Priss, it's who you are on the inside."

"People don't see who we are inside, Mommy."

"Sure they do. They see how we behave, hear the things we say, watch how we treat others. There's a glow about us when we are kind, Prissy.""

"I'm kind. I don't glow. Unless I roll around on the carpet. Sometimes then my fur sticks up from static electricity."

"Priss, that's not what I meant. You glow inside, and it shows through your pretty eyes."

"My eyes are pretty?"

"They're beautiful."

"They're green, like yours."

"Yes, Sweet-knickers."

"But I'm f-f-a-a-t-t. You said so."

"Yes, Bumble-buns. That's why you have to go on a diet. I want you to be with me a long time."

"I'm NOT GOING TO BE WITH YOU?!!!"

"Of course you are, Prissy, but I meant here, before we die."

"Oh."

"You know cats don't really have nine lives, don't you? People just say that because felines are so blessed."

"We ARE?"

"Of course you are. Didn't you and I write a book about it?"

"Do you mean, The Cat God Loves?"

"That's the one."

"I thought you were just making that up because they were mean at the vet clinic."

"Prissy, let me ask you something..."

"Err, okay..."

"Do you remember Mommy telling you about that kitty, Grumpy Cat, and how popular she was?

"No."

"Prissy..."

"Okay, maybe a little. But you liked HER a lot!"

"I did. And on Tuesday this week, God called her."

"WHAT? She DIED?"

"Yes, Fuzzy-tummy, she did. And she died of a urinary infection, just like you had."

"OH!"

"So you see? The vet clinic wasn't mean; Mom wasn't mean. I explain in the part of the book I wrote, not the part you wrote. You HAD to have those needles, and they HAD to hold you and stretch you to take pictures of your insides. You were very lucky, Prissy. You were cured of your bladder stones in just a few months. Mommy didn't even let them give you surgery. We did it with diet."

"Oh! So how come Grumpy Cat's mother didn't do that?"

"I don't know the whole story, but maybe Grumpy Cat wasn't as strong as you are. Not every kitty-cat is the same, just like all people aren't the same."

"I know... I'm sorry, Mom."

"It's okay. Sometimes we get embarrassed over silly things, and then we do dumb things out of spite, or envy. But it doesn't matter, as long as we're sorry for them after we do them. God forgives us, so we have to forgive others, and ourselves."

"And never do them again?"

"I wouldn't put that kind of pressure on you, Baby. But I will say you must never do something hurtful EXPECTING to be forgiven. We don't test God, or any of His creatures. Understand the difference?"

"Yes. I think so. And you're pretty anyway, Mom. Even in your ugly pictures."

"Thank you."
~~~



Recognized


RIP Grumpy Cat. We will miss you...

from the INSIDER:

Grumpy Cat, the beloved cat with a grumpy face that won over the internet and gained millions of followers, died on Tuesday, her owners have announced.

"Despite care from top professionals, as well as from her very loving family, Grumpy experienced complications from a recent urinary tract infection that unfortunately became too much for her to overcome," a post on her official Instagram and Twitter pages announced on Thursday.

"She passed away peacefully on the morning of Tuesday, May 14, at home in the arms of her mommy, Tabatha."
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Dawn Munro All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Dawn Munro has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.