Humor Fiction posted May 14, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
on the loss of my train of thought

The Subliminal Thief

by pome lover


 
 
(ring, ring) “Hi! No, I’m not busy. I was just going to get the timer for the…um…the… You’re kidding, NO!”
                                                                      ~  ~  ~

First of all, I am not accusing anyone (exactly), but someone—some greedy, unsympathetic possessor of a steel trap mind, (who never forgets anything) realizing the value of a person’s train of thought—which is muy importante - has been stealing mine from under my very nose, with great regularity. 

It must be a pretty lucrative business because it’s getting worse!

Just the other day I was telling a friend an amusing incident and POOF! it was gone. GONE!  The point of my story!  It was most embarrassing.

A person’s train of thought is vital to their persona, their very being, and I want mine back!  I don't want to be some blank-faced, non-person sitting by herself at a party or other function, pitied, snickered at, avoided, who should have stayed home.

So, I’ve made a decision.  I am going to find the thief, and get my train of thought back! (or a cut of the profits). I will be on the look-out for all successful story tellers, sentence-finishers and punch-line and other important-thing-rememberers!  You know who you are, and you’d better beware because if you're the one who…(sniff sniff) something’s burning...

OMG, the roast!
 





this is not an actual story, but a...um...
and it gets worser and worser
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pome lover All rights reserved.
pome lover has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.