General Poetry posted May 6, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
In a way, I had five moms.

Five Moms

by Tina Crute

My visions of a mom always being there misted away many childish years ago.
God had better plans and He didn't give me a clue. I didn't need to know.

It was hard during college, but my aunt stepped in and gave me a soft place to land.
She mothered me, guided me, housed me, often told me with a hug, "God has a plan."

I did what I could to be happy, but you, me, everyone wants a mother,
Who knew, but God, that although I got a third mom, she would die like the other?

My fourth mom stepped in then, belonged to my best friend, but I was her own for years.
I still call her Momma and she helped me, mothered me, when all I had were tears.

My Dad was twice crushed for love, but he is the strongest man. I am strong now too.
Life and marriage were dangerous. Later, God surprised me with a new love. Who knew?

A blessing, my husband was a gift from God, and he came with someone new.
Another mom, number five, what a surprise that I got blessed again. Who knew?

And oh what a mom. A vision of grace, a heart so big I don't know how her body contains it.
Who knew she'd fill a missing part? God knew but didn't tell me He planned a good fit.

She is lovely, fierce, gentle, soft, in control, wise and generous with lots of "I love you's."
Her husband, my Dad-in-law,is just as golden of heart. A gentle leader.Who knew?

They accepted me as daughter a few years ago, and I get to call them mine.
I am not crushed, but over-blessed. Who knew? I did. I tell God all the time.




This is purely for the privilege of expressing awareness of how blessed I am. I experienced many losses in my family at a young age, but God was good and there all the time, hugging me through it, and He provided four mom-types besides my real mom, to help raise and nurture me. It took that many to fill her shoes I believe.
Who am I that God should love me that much? My heart overflows! Thank you, Lord:)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Tina Crute All rights reserved.
Tina Crute has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.