General Poetry posted April 27, 2019 Chapters:  ...23 24 -25- 26... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Rhymed Whitney

A chapter in the book NaPoWriMo 2019

Take Away

by Debra White




Take Away
for tea tonight,
finishing
the day off right.
Special treat,
I’m off the hook -
Curry’s served, no need to cook :)

 



Recognized


Today has been lovely. I slept in until 8:30, went for a two hour walk with Shaun, the girls and Molly. Then Shaun and I went to Ikea, wardrobe shopping. I wanted to buy the whole shop! By the time we got home it was getting on for 6pm. I asked Shaun what he fancied for tea and he said 'don't worry about cooking, I'll treat us all to a take away from the Aagrah!' I wasn't about to argue!

I was too eager to get stuck into my curry and didn't think to take a picture to illustrate my poem. Therefore, the photograph is courtesy of seshadri_sreenivasan at FanArtReview, to whom I give my thanks :)

A Whitney is a seven line poem with a syllable count of 3/4/3/4/3/4/7 respectively.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by seshadri_sreenivasan at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Debra White All rights reserved.
Debra White has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.