General Poetry posted April 25, 2019 Chapters:  ...22 23 -24- 25... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Contest entry-Parallelogram de Crystalline-NaPoWriMo Day 24

A chapter in the book On Giving...

Your Presence

by ~Dovey


For my husband, James...


Intrinsic
incite my inner glow
as the air I breathe, our currents flow

electric
true love begins to grow
enthralled -- bands of your aurora show

magnetic
power keeps me in tow...
a tall spruce tree -- sways subtle and slow

prolific
branches protect me so...
in our twilight years, my alpenglow.



 



Love Poem Poetry Contest contest entry


Image by skeeze from Pixabay

I debated on my picture selection and settled on the one that highlights the nature aspect of this poem, largely, because Alaska is always at the center of our lives. I had picked out one of a card that James had given me for an anniversary one year, but I changed it up. And, I even considered one of us together. Feel free to let me know if a different picture selection might make the overall presentation better.

James and I have been together for 28 years and next month will be our 24th wedding anniversary. His are the gifts that keep on giving.

Kim



Parallelogram de Crystalline


Parallelogram de Crystalline is a poetry form created by Karan Naidu. This form consists of 4 verses of 3 lines each. The syllable count for each stanza is 3, 6, 9. In this style of poem, the beauty of a lover is compared with nature and described.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. ~Dovey All rights reserved.
~Dovey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.