Writing Non-Fiction posted April 17, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Altering their thoughts and actions

Changing lives of patients

by LittleIrishman

There are situations where the stereotypical thoughts and actions of patients can be changed.

The health and/or medical common negative statements are:
- 'You have 3 months to live'; and
- 'You will be like this for the rest of your life'.

Patients in general react differently on dissimilar levels to such statements. There are those who live longer, and those who get and/or keep sick and/or die.

People generally trust these health and medical people, not realising they could be sometimes deceived and/or mislead. Some patients after hearing such statements cab become very ill, or even die, sooner rather than later.

There are some patients who make the best of their ill, sick situation, despite such statements.

There are health and medical people who do not want their patients to suffer more, so they would mention the second statement, 'You will be like this for the rest of your life', to keep them out of further suffering.

However, some positive realisation needs to be understood here, that patients can live much longer than 3 months or so, and can control and manage, even cure their sickly state.

There were studies conducted on this area. With these studies, could one believe that most of the patients who changed their thoughts and actions to do with these negative statements, actually got better, controlling, even curing their situation.

Bibliography
- Personal Experiences:
I have had numerous personal consultations with health and medical people. I also know family, friends, and others in the media for instance, who have had various experiences with such health and medical people.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LittleIrishman All rights reserved.
LittleIrishman has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.