Mystery and Crime Fiction posted April 7, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Emmett Gunn investigates a murder.

Emmett Gunn

by Lance S. Loria


Bobby Palmer ordered another bottle of Chardonnay. His clients had $25 million to invest in commercial properties and commissions would be substantial. He was smiling when the waiter told him he had a call. Bobby excused himself. The hostess smiled. Bobby touched the telephone and a bullet passed through the window and into his head. He died immediately.


Emmett Gunn was at work early. He usually arrived later. But today was not usual. Last night he was asked to investigate a murder. Emmett is a private investigator. He enjoyed his work and was good at it. Today he had a new case.




This is a 100-word flash story. I wrote it for a contest but missed the deadline by a few minutes (difference between EST and CST). Oh well, I hope you enjoy it.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Lance S. Loria All rights reserved.
Lance S. Loria has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.