Spiritual Non-Fiction posted April 6, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Peter's failings can help us win the victory

Failing Forward to Victory In Jesus

by Deniz22




The Bible teaches personal eternal salvation from sin, death and Hell,

is given as a free gift from God to anyone who will
simply believe
on Jesus Christ as the Son of God.




Christ's death on the cross completely satisfied God's righteous demands for the punishment of sinners. Any gift is paid for by the giver and any recipient merely has to receive the gift.

Since salvation is a living Person, the Lord Jesus Christ, Christians are born-again in His image and are being transformed from within, (from glory unto glory) becoming truly good like Him. This is true growth in grace to spiritual maturity. The next phase is our entire sanctification, accomplished when we see Jesus.

Since our present progress is often painfully slow, with serious setbacks, false teaching or ideas regarding salvation by grace repeatedly spring up. The basis of such errors often springs from the expectation spiritually newborn babies are to instantly act like mature believers.

In order to counteract such false assumptions and teachings, every believer should carefully read Peter's experience of growing in grace, recorded in the Gospels, so we can learn the ups and downs of the Christian's "teen" years after being born-again. Studying Peter's experience will encourage us and give us patience with other believers.

Yes, the man who had faith in Christ walked on water one minute and almost drowned the next! Let us all learn the art of formal prayer as Peter did; through expediency. Here it is: "HELP!"

He went from having his feet washed by the Savior, the Son of the Living God, to cursing to prove he never knew THE MAN a few hours later!

Supposedly, Peter was "reinstated" after his 3X denials, but frankly, I don't see where he was ever un-instated! After all, Christ talked to Peter about his denial before it happened and simply told him to "strengthen his brethren" afterward.

Yes, Peter failed in his first attempt to die WITH Christ but finally was able, by the Spirit, to die FOR Him.

Christ prophesied how Peter would, in his second opportunity, be ENABLED to die for Christ:

John 21: Jesus said to him, "Feed My sheep. 18 Most assuredly, I say to you, when you were younger, you girded yourself and walked where you wished; but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will gird you and carry you where you do not wish." 19 This He spoke, signifying by what death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, "Follow Me."

COMMENT: You won't find this in any commentary, but I believe Christ is truly saying, "Peter, when you were an immature believer in Me, you followed many of your own ideas in trying to serve ME."

"You girded (made up your own mind as to what was the best way to follow Me) but when you mature, you will lift your hands in prayer and the Holy Spirit will empower and lead you to die for Me, something you STILL will not want to do, in your flesh."

"However, you will be carried along by the Spirit this time, not your own will power, and in this way, your death will indeed glorify Me, just as you tried to do the first time."

Be encouraged believers! Filled with the Spirit of truth, we can do all things through and for Christ!

 




John 10:28-30 King James Version (KJV)
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.