Commentary and Philosophy Script posted March 24, 2019 Chapters: -1- 2... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
You say you want justice

A chapter in the book You Didn't Ask...But

You Didn't Ask...But

by Brett Matthew West

"You Didn't Ask...But"

INT. FLORIDA. MORNING.

FADE IN

Narrator
Did you know the State Attorney for Orange-Osceola County Florida, which services the Orlando metropolitan area, declared she would not seek the death penalty against anybody? Allow me to restate that ANYBODY! No matter how heinous their crime?

State Attorney
There is no justice in death.

Narrator
Justice in death? That is a laugh! What about the justice for the victim in the murder? Of course, in your book they are the obvious forgotten element in this scenario most of the time.

State Attorney
The goal of justice is equity.

Narrator
Equity, such as in you killed the person why shouldn't you suffer the same fate? Did you allow them the opportunity to seek justice before you slaughtered them? No. You took it upon yourself to be their judge, jury, and executioner although they did no wrong. Somebody please explain to me why a person who commits this type of crime should be made out to be the "good guy" and be freely housed, clothed, fed, and provided medical care for the rest of their life in some prison cell. Where is the equity for the one they denied this for?

State Attorney
A top priority as state attorney is the safety and wellbeing of the communities I serve.

Narrator
Excuse me, Miss State Attorney. You seem to be omitting the very fact that your philosophy does not apply to ALL members of the communities you serve with your stance on the death penalty, only the killers. Otherwise, you would want justice for them as well.

State Attorney
There is no evidence that shows the death penalty makes us safer or is an effective deterrent against violent crimes.

Narrator
Do you want to know how to make the death penalty a very effective deterrent for those who commit these crimes, Miss State Attorney? Eliminate their being much better off rotting away in a prison cell than they were on the streets. A deterrent would be something more along these lines: however you kill somebody is how you are executed. And, I don't mean decades later. I mean upon being found guilty you are taken out of the courtroom and the process is completed immediately. How's that for making somebody think before they commit a murder and a deterrent, Miss State Attorney? Until the next time.

FADE OUT







The death penalty is a very hot button item. Of that, there is no doubt. One point of view is provided in this script.






Grace, by Photowhisper, selected to complement my script.

So, thanks Photowhisper, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my script.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.