General Fiction posted March 14, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Never pass up family opportunities...never.

Before I Go...

by Y. M. Roger


“Be brief.” He stood, waiting patiently.
 
First stop, Caitlyn’s room. I hated to miss her end-of-the-year school play. But I had finished her costume and sat through dress rehearsal this morning. I blew her a kiss.
 
Bobby’s door was shut. I walked into his inner sanctum. How many times had I come in here uninvited? But we had our best conversations then, like the one yesterday after his game. His tourney this weekend would be my first absence. I ‘air’ high-fived and turned away.
 
My husband was snoring, as always. I stood beside the bed and savored the face of the most understanding man on this Earth – so glad we had dinner at the airport earlier.
 
“Love you,” I whispered.
 
My prayer as the plane had plummeted to the ground had been that I be able to say good-bye.
 
I thanked the patient angel as we stepped into the light.

 



Flash Fiction contest entry

Recognized

#289
2019


Thank you for reading me. :)

Image from Google Images.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.