General Fiction posted March 10, 2019 Chapters:  ...21 22 -23- 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The story comes to a startling conclusion.

A chapter in the book Baker's Dozen

Termination

by Bill Schott


CHARACTERS:

Ben Baker ... Butcher of Baghdad
C.C. Connor ...President's Chief of Staff
Tim Bends ...Assistant to the Assistant Post Master General
Gregory Ira Joseph (GI Joe) ....Connor's adversary in Vietnam
=======================================================
The story so far...


Ben Baker had to find and kill a dozen people in a secluded, government-operated, forest compound. He has survived and met an old man named G.I. Joe. This man told Ben he is actually Bobby Do, an assassin, brainwashed to believe he is Ben Baker.
Tim Bends, one of those whom Baker must kill, had an horrific landing after parachuting from a helicopter and is barely alive.
C.C. Connor's came with enough force to secure the area, but Ben Baker killed them all.
.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
End of the last chapter:


Baker met each soldier and easily killed them. Finger jabs to the throat, or disarming them and using their knives against them, the young killer made lightning slashes to vital arteries and organs. By the time the music ended, the last of twenty-four combatants had dropped dead to the bloody forest floor.

"Now that's entertainment, Joseph. You have to admit it."

"I hope he's coming for you next," said Joseph.

"He's coming for one of us, corporal. I like my odds."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Baker finished off the last of Connor's men and trotted back to the encampment. His eyes were clear and his will was his own.

"I can't believe I did that. It was as though I was possessed by a lunatic."

"That's not the half of it, Bobby," said Connor.  "You have other abilities and physical properties that make you the perfect soldier."

"Bobby!" shouted Joseph.  "Kill this son of a bitch now! He can't be allowed to go on!"

"He can't hurt me, corporal," said Connor, almost laughing. "He would kill himself before touching me.” Then, turning to face Joseph, "You can't harm me either. So, the fighting is done for now."

"What are we doing here, Connor?  Why put me through this if you know how I'll do already?"

"You have other properties that we are testing.  Such as your ability to heal. Your cells are enhanced to repair themselves quickly. Even now your arrow wound is healing faster than any human being alive."

"What you're saying is impossible, Connor," shouted Joseph.

Connor stared at Joseph smiling, then laughing out loud.

"Look at me, corporal.  Look at yourself. Why are you able to do these things in your seventies?  We are, all of us, genetically programmed to endure pain and starvation, while lasting twice as long as other people. We will live to two hundred years. Maybe longer."

"That's great," said Joseph.  "So you'll be bringing these sheep out here to be killed to keep Bobby sharp?"

"I actually had another agent in the mix, but he must have been taken out early. He can't be located." 

"Who was that?" asked Baker.

"Tim Bends."

As if summoned from the dead, from beneath a mound of body bags, the pitiful specter of Tim Bends rose to his knees. His body, blackened in dried blood and soil, with one eye peering out like a diamond in a ghastly statue of coal, trembled and fought to remain erect.

"Holy shit!" yelled Connor.  "Is that you Bends? Boy, you are a marvel!"

Bends, using whatever supernatural strength his body still retained, lifted a crossbow and rested it on a crate. Before another word was spoken, he pulled the trigger and sent a bolt straight to the chest of C.C. Connor.  

Connor had but a moment to realize he was shot, and that the bolt had attached to it, a grenade.  In that few seconds a lifetime of memories flew through his mind: Posing as a prisoner of war after the Vietnam conflict ended, and finding his way into the House of Represenatives. A close, secret alliance with China and the United States, which he used to create his super assassination teams. His finding Gregory Ira Joseph and sending him through his torture scenario to test his programming, securing his alter ego in the idea that he was a regular soldier, and not Connor's weapon. The eventual meeting with An Do, a highly organized clash to cement the two together for the next twenty years. They would never know that their secret assassination team was run by him. 

Connor grabbed both the stunned Baker and Joseph by their sleeves, as a huge smile crossed his skeletal face.

Wolves, just then moving out of the deep woods to investigate what might be huge meals, were startled by a lone explosion, followed by silence. The night eased in as the pack moved forward.






 



Book of the Month contest entry

Recognized


Image from Google hexus.net
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.