Biographical Non-Fiction posted March 2, 2019 Chapters:  ...7 7 -7- 8... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
More trivia you probably didn't need... :)

A chapter in the book Get To Know Me!

Quiz #7 - Y. M. Roger

by Y. M. Roger


1.) Do you use a pen name/pseudonym on-site?  If not, why not?  If so, how was it chosen and what does it mean to you? 
 
Not so much a pseudonym, but I do use my maiden name. It’s also my author name. Pretty boring, I know, but c’est la vie!!
 

2.)  How many places/homes have you lived in?  Which was your favorite?  And why?
 
Places? Six.  Homes? Fourteen (and I’m sure I’ve missed a few in there somewhere). My favorite would have to be the place we were in during most of my boys’ growing up times. And that would be the reason, because it was associated with so many happy, crazy times!

3.)  Have you ever had a ‘psychic moment’ where you knew, predicted or sensed something before it happened?  (Or similar?)  If so, tell us about it!
 
Oh my, yes! But I won’t bore you with a whole bunch of them…  One of my most vivid ones was when my husband left to go ride bikes early one morning with his friend (they did it regularly so, that’s why this stood out). That morning I just felt awful when he kissed me good-bye…I was pregnant with our second and my almost two-year-old was just getting up and about. But for some unexplained reason, I really just didn’t want him to go. Of course, I just wrote it off to pregnancy craziness until the phone rang not half an hour later and it was his friend. My husband’s bike tire (on a route they took every morning) hit a seam in the bridge just the wrong way throwing him forward and into the concrete barrier along the side. I brought my boy by a friend’s house and met the ambulance at the hospital. After emergency surgery and having our lives topsy-turvy for a while, everything was okay. That was one of the few times I didn’t listen to my ‘little voices’ and the last time I wrote anything off because of hormones! Thank goodness!!

4.) Have you ever done something heroic? What was it?
 
 We were at a big swim party for my oldest’s good friend (he was in first grade, I think) and it was a private pool so, no formal life guards. I noticed my son trying to swim back from the diving board and he didn’t come up. I immediately ran across the concrete and dove in and pulled him up. Luckily, he was able to catch a breath with just a few firm pats when I got him to the ladder, but he was scared to go in for a while (we got him past that and he doesn’t even remember it…swims around like a pro). Okay, so everybody at the party – especially the little boys – thought it was the coolest thing they’d ever seen. I waited until I got him home and dressed, him and his little brother to the table to eat, before I calmly walked back to my room, completely broke down and screamed as loud as I could into the pillow a few times. I don’t recommend hero work – it’s freaking exhausting both mentally and physically. Soldiers, police officers, first responders and nurses/doctors have my undying respect!

5.) What would you say is your best achievement to date?  (A personal achievement – not children, etc.)
 
I know if I say that it was when I published my first book, it would sound cliché so, I’m gonna give ‘all the facts, ma’am’ - LOL! I was chairperson of two departments (Math and Science) at a sizable middle & high school, was carrying seven non-repeat classes per day (we were on an 8-class-per-day schedule), was mom to three very active boys/young men, and managed to write/publish my first book. And….wait for it….my husband will attest that we were and still are married!  Yeah, it felt good. And, yes, I am definitely completely ‘out of the box’ most of the time!

 



Recognized


Thanx for reading me...literally, this time! ;) :)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Multi-Author Book
Add Chapter
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.