Spiritual Non-Fiction posted March 2, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Christ corrects His Church

Judging the Church Now

by Deniz22


Warning! The following comments contain strong (spiritually) adult language!

If you are insecure in your personal faith in Jesus, please first read John 5:24 for assurance you are indeed saved through faith in Him alone.

Understand Christ is the Living Head of His Church and as such is always speaking through His Apostles, preachers and teachers to purify believers.

In this day of continual pablum from the Pulpit, the sudden change of diet to the meat of the Word may cause upset tummies, so eat slowly, chew (meditate) thoroughly and then swallow to energize your ministry for Him, even as you continually eschew the spiritual junk food of the world.

Now hear Christ speaking to the Apostle John:
"And to the angel of the church in Sardis write, 'These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars:

COMMENT: "seven Spirits of God" refers to the completeness of the one Holy Spirit and His capability to do all things.The "seven stars" are the Pastors of the 7 local churches being addressed. Although all believers are addressed, Pastors are mentioned first as the most responsible to hear Christ's admonitions.

SCRIPTURE: "I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead."

COMMENT: "dead" as used here, means in an experiential sense, not totally separated from Christ, else He would be preaching the Gospel of salvation to them. (See David's experience in Psalm 32).

SCRIPTURE:Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God.

COMMENT: It's useless to tell dead people to pay attention. This church is feebly alive and it's works are reflective of of it's poor condition. Whatever ministry they are doing, they are to do with renewed vigor, knowing whom the Lord loves, He rebukes.

SCRIPTURE: Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent.

COMMENT: We are to remember that happy day when we first heard the blessed name of Jesus and gazed with wonder as He expressed His fathomless love for each of us as He allowed Himself to be crucified in our place.
(And can it be that I have gained an interest in the Savior's blood? Died He for me who caused His shame? Would He bow that sacred head for such a worm as I?)

So even though our wonderful Savior is speaking seemingly harsh words to us, yet we trust His everlasting love is still His motivation for stimulating us to repent and recapture the thrill of our first love and spontaneous acts of devotion.

Scripture: "Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you."

COMMENT: "watch" here means be spiritually alert after repentance to not fall back into the careless spiritual condition which brought about this present admonition.

Hebrews 12 reminds us as believers we are all subject to God's correction and stubbornness will be dealt with in incremental severity of response, including premature death.

SCRIPTURE: You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy."

COMMENT: Christ evaluates local churches and also each one of His born-again children. Believers can be faithful whatever their circumstances and those who are, are known and and will be rewarded by the Lord.
In the future, they will walk in white with Him. Understand every believer is clothed in the righteousness of Christ, but these "white garments" actually represent the works of the saints done in the power of the Holy Spirit. "They are worthy" means these believers have appropriately fully responded to the grace of God manifested to them through the Gospel.

SCRIPTURE: He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

COMMENT: Christ wants us to be overcomers and has given us everything we need to be of that company whose lives glorify Him. Over-comers' works prove His and their faithfulness! 

Believers who turn from Him and like Demis, love this present world, are in real danger of having their names blotted out of "the Book of Life".

This "Book of Life" is the record of every physically alive person on the face of the earth. It is not to be confused with the "Lamb's Book of Life", wherein every born-again child of God is forever recorded and will never be blotted out. I like to think our names as believers are written there in the very blood of the Lamb who saved us!

To be "blotted out" of the Book of Life means to be taken home to Heaven early by an act of God's Judgement. Remember, the first two people in the early church who died, were not martyrs, but believers who lied to the Holy Spirit!

The Apostle John said, "There is a sin unto death, and I do not say you should pray for it". No wonder Paul reminds us "Our God is a consuming fire" and "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God."

SCRIPTURE: He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. Revelation 3:1-6 NKJV

COMMENT: While the "Angel of the Church", the Pastor, was addressed first in this message, yet every believer, "He who has ears to hear", is responsible before God to hear the words of Christ and to respond accordingly.

We shall all very soon give an account of ourselves before Him who has eyes of fire.




12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. 14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; 15 His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters; 16 He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. 17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. Revelation 1:12
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.