General Non-Fiction posted March 2, 2019 Chapters:  ...10065 10067 -10069- 10070... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Get to Know Me Answers

A chapter in the book Get To Know Me!

Quiz 7 - Tom Reischel

by Treischel




Background
A Fun Quiz
Get to Know Me!  And then join the FUN. See notes for instructions on exactly how to do that.

1.) Do you use a pen name/pseudonym on-site? No, just first initial and last name. Basically my ID I use on any internet site.
 
If not, why not?  If so, how was it chosen and what does it mean to you? Just like to keep it simple, but if I did it would be something with TIGER in it, since my initials are TGR.

2.) How many places/homes have you lived in?  Which was your favorite?  And why? I was born in 1948, After WWII, veterans were provided excess military housing called Quonset Huts, which were metal buildings that looked like steel drums cut in half. That was my first home in a St. Paul suburb. We then moved into a rented house in St. Bernard's parish until I was in 2nd grade. My parents then bought a house on the East Side of St. Paul, where I lived until I got married in 1967. My first wife and I then rented the upstairs of a large home, on the east side. In 1970. I bought my first house for $9,500 on the West Side of St. Paul overlooking the Mississippi. It was built in 1854. Then got divorced, moved back in with parents for a bit. Married my second wife in1975, bought a house in the Midway area of St. Paul for $29,900. In 1984, work transferred me to Pueblo Colorado Lived in a motel for 7 months, then built a 3200 SqFt house in Colorado Springs, Co. on Cheyenne Mountain at the elevation of 7,000 ft above sea level and 1,000 ft above Co. Springs for $135,000. Was relocated to Greatneck, Long Island, NY. in 1991 where I lived in a motel for 8 months, then bought a house in St. James for $170,000. In 1996, was relocated back to Minnesota where we bought a house on the East Side of St. Paul for $220,000. That's where I've been ever since. So that's 3 states and 9 places.
My favorite was the house in Colorado. Not only was it in a beautiful setting high above the town, where I could reach out and grab a cloud, but also because I watched it being built. I knew every two-by-four in it. Every window and door, and light fixture was chosen by me. It had 4 decks. I even added 5 extra windows to the floor plan. The Master bedroom took up half the upper level, and had a Jacuzzi bathtub, and separate shower room. I placed the shrubs and stones in the yard. My son Sean laid the cement work outside.

The picture is my Colorado House. The second image, as you look to the horizon on the left, gives you an idea of the elevation. Wish I still had it. Recently it sold for $750K.



3.)  Have you ever had a 'psychic moment' where you knew, predicted or sensed something before it happened?  (Or similar?)  If so, tell us about it! Not really, although I believe that my wife and I can read each other's minds.
Once, when I was diagnosed with Mesothelioma Cancer, and was likely to die, my boss, an Evangelical Christian, prayed and laid his hands on me, I felt something shift inside me. On my next medical exam, the cancer was gone. True story. I swear. Does that count as something similar?


 
4.) Have you ever done something heroic? What was it?
Not really. Just that other incident I already mentioned where I used my belt as a tourniquet on a boy who cut his arm open, when I was 10.

5.) What would you say is your best achievement to date?  (A personal achievement -- not children, etc.)
Boy, this one takes some thought. I'm proud of a career that lasted more than 44 years with the same company, and was relocated 3 times. There are dozens of things I could cite of the course of that time.
I'm proud of a second marriage that has lasted 44 years now, even though we've been to hell and back several times, and nearly divorced 3 times. Still in love.
The hardest thing, and maybe the thing I'm most proud of, is getting my degree. First of all, my father said I was too stupid, flighty, and undisciplined to get a college degree. Secondly it took me 11 years to get there. I began the first 2 years going to school full time days, carrying a full 15 credit load, then going to work full time nights. It burned me out, and was a contributing factor in getting a divorce, as she began affairs with other men, while I got so tired, I once fell asleep during a final exam. After that, I switched it up, with the encouragement of my second wife, to working full time on day shift, and only carrying one class, once a week in night school. So the last 2 years of college took 9 more years, but I finally got there.

 




These quizzes are a fun way for us to get to know each other so please join us! Here's how:

1.) Copy and paste the questions into your own document.
2.) Answer them completely
3.) When you are ready to post: RETURN TO MY QUIZ (or someone else's) and click on the button at the bottom that says: 'Add Chapter'
4.) Please use 7 as your Chapter # - so that all the same quizzes will be grouped together and easy for readers to find
5.) Use 'Quiz #7 - Your Name' as the title.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Multi-Author Book
Add Chapter
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.