General Fiction posted February 1, 2019 Chapters:  ...17 19 -20- 22... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
More of my lists and some contributions

A chapter in the book Earl's Book of Lists 2

Since You Won't Submit- I will

by Earl Corp




Background
Just a book of wacky lists you can add to. Audience participation is greatly encouraged.
My Top 10 Favorite horror films:

1)  Tarantula- this is a black and white movie from 1955 I saw when I was 11 and it scared the poop out of me.

2) The Exorcist- I watched this all by myself in a trailer on a windy night. There was an apple tree above the roof and the first time an apple hit the roof I almost had a heart attack.

3) This is Not a Test- A 1962 film about a group of people awaiting the arrival of a nuclear bomb.

4) The Day After- A movie about the aftermath of a nuclear bomb. Bet you can’t tell Nuclear Holocaust scares me.

5) The Sentinel- This is a movie from Dean Kuch’s list that I’ve seen. Aside from nuclear holocaust Satan scares me.

6) The Amityville Horror- I’d rank this one right up there with the Exorcist. Anytime you have demonic possession or a portal to Hell, I get sufficiently scared.

7) Poltergeist- The best part of the movie was seeing JoBeth Williams in her panties. The old guy creeped me out.

8) The Shining- The first and only time I watched this was at 2 a.m. on duty in Germany. I had to do an arms room check in the basement three floors down. Every time I turned a corner I kept expecting to see those two little girls.


9) It- This one got me two fold. First, it had a huge spider, second kids were being killed, I hate seeing that I usually turn the movie off at that point.

10) The Swarm- Beware the African bees. I think of all the horror films I’ve seen this one depicted the worst way to die.
 
My Favorite Comedy Duos:
  1. Cheech and Chong- Stoner comedy from the 70s. Sister Mary Elechant and Blind Melon Chitlin are my favorites. Don’t know them? Check’em out.
  2. Chris Farley and David Spade- These guys played off each other perfectly. Farley’s bumbling klutz and Spade’s sarcasm.
  3. John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd- From SNL to the big screen these guys were hysterical.
  4. Paul Newman and Robert Redford- I  know these guys are dramatic actors but Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and the Sting are hilarious.
  5. Abbott and Costello- Old School comedy, these guys are the OGs of comedy duos. Whether they were in the Army or being chased by Frankenstein they made me laugh.         
  6. Honorable Mention
  7. Jay and Silent Bob- These guys are hilarious. Kevin Smith can get more laughs accidentally with facial expressions than most people who talk do.
 
The Five People, Living or Dead I’d Like to Have Dinner With
 
**This is a hard category to pick just five so I broke it into males/females

Males
  1. My grandpa- I lost him when I was 11 years old, I got cheated I only had one grandparent live past 60.
  2. Daniel Boone- I have read every, I think , that has been written about the man. I’d like to have gone adventuring with him.
  3. Davy Crockett-  Same as Boone, except I’d want to hear about the Alamo.
  4. Audie Murphy- WWII  Medal of Honor recipient from the 3rd Infantry Division I served in the 3rd Infantry also.  And a great actor appeared in many, many cowboy movies.
  5. Stan Lee- Greatest comic book writer/creator ever. Excelsior! Nuff said.
           
          Females
  1. My mom and her mom- I know this is cheating by getting two for one. But hey, this is my list.
  2. Tanya Tucker- I know she’s not dead but I’ve been a fan of hers since I was 12.
  3. Eleanor Roosevelt- They say she had an inner glow and beauty that the camera couldn’t capture. I’d like to see that for myself.
  4. Mae West circa 1932- I think having her over would be a real treat.
  5. My wife Anna- I couldn’t imagine meeting all these famous people without her there, I need a photographer I suck at selfies.
The only Five Musical Movies  I’ve ever watched
 
  1. The Wizard of Oz- They cheated on this one. The took a great plot and sandwiched in songs.
  2. Little Shop of Horrors- I loved Steve Martin as the dentist. I actually have the Dentist song on my playlist.
  3. The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas- Dolly Parton and Burt Reynolds in the same movie equals the perfect storm.
  4. The Blues Brothers- Belushi and Ackroyd, ‘Nuff said.
  5. Grease- Is the word. I saw this on the original  run through the theater. I have owned it on Beta, VHS, DVD, and Blue Ray. Also have had the soundtrack on vinyl, cassettes, CDs, and on Itunes. I’m a fan.
 
 
 
 
 
Submitted Lists

Favorite Actors
 
  1. Actor Robert Duvall is a superb actor. His acting skills shone as Max Mercy in "The Natural." I don't think he was capable of making a bad appearance on screen.
  2.  Jon Voight
  3.  Harrison Ford as male actors go.
 
Favorite actresses,
  1. Emily Blunt
  2. Sandra Bullock
  3.  Emma Thompson
 
If I need a good laugh, Bill Murray in, "What About Bob" still does It for me. 

Submitted by Sally Law


Favorite Actors
 
  1. Marlon Brando= everything he has done 
     
  2. Mickey Rourke - most everything he has done 
     
  3. Humphrey Bogart- ditto 
     
  4. Nicolas Cage-ditto 
     
  5. Chuck Conners- Rifleman 
     
  6. Bob Denver- Gilligan's Island 
 
Favorite Actresses

1.Jennifer Lawrence- everything she has done 
2. Katharine Hepburn- I love her laugh 
3. Ashley Judd- all her movies 


My dad liked to do the moonwalk 





Submitted by LaFrance
 



Recognized


I don't really think I have enough for a book, so I'm going to need more help. Work off my lists or concoct your own.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Multi-Author Book
Add Chapter
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Earl Corp All rights reserved.
Earl Corp has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.