Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted January 28, 2019 Chapters:  ...469 470 -471- 472... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Merritrains

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Strong Winds

by Treischel

As strong winds blow around the world.
all nature leans
to harsh unleashed distress,
while some collapse. Left broken and bereft.

Just like when maelstrom's currents swirled
chaotic scenes
that left an awful mess,
it leaves survivors hopelessly bereft.

So, culture's fabric gets unfurled
by sudden means
beneath cyclonic stress,
while precious treasures disappear by theft.

Beware those winds! Life's imperiled.
Unlike what seems,
you'll find that they're obsessed
unhinged, star-crossed, and really leaning left.




There is a lot a upheaval in the world lately, whether it's the British Brexit, the yellow jackets in Paris, socialism ruining Venezuela, Russia and China's machinations, or the movement to socialism in the USA, it is being driven by radical policies - the left, liberals, and the internet bullies. I was referring to that in this poem. The image partly helped inspire it.

This poem is a set of Merritrains, which are unique Quatrains structured by FanStory�?�¢??s very own MissMerri. So the name comes from her moniker and the use of sets of quatrains. I discovered it when reviewing her poem, Love�?�¢??s Power. So, subject to her final approval, I am naming it so, here.

The poem consists of 2 or more pairs of Quatrains. There is a specific syllabic structure of:
8-4-6-10 syllables per Quatrain.

The rhyme scheme is also unique. There is no rhyme scheme within a stanza, but rather, between stanzas. Each line of a stanza rhymes with the corresponding line of the next stanza. So each line 1 of a pair of stanzas rhyme. Each line 2 of a pair of stanza rhymes with the other line 2s, and so on. Every 2 sets of Quatrains will that scheme.

So the overall rhyme scheme is:
abcd abcd efgh efgh

The meter should be iambic on all lines.

For this poem, I took it one step further, and repeated identical rhyming, twice.


This photograph was taken by the author himself on October 16, 2018.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.