Supernatural Fiction posted January 27, 2019 Chapters:  ...38 39 -40- 41... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Sins of Chaos/A Novel of the Breedine series

A chapter in the book Sins of Chaos

Seeking Justice/Part Two

by scongrove




Background
Dedicated to my dear friend ... you know who you are ...
Previously . . .

When widespread reports of gruesome attacks on homeless victims, and local residents sweep across Berkeley California and the San Francisco Bay area, two local human detectives are desperate to catch whoever is responsible for the disturbing and heinous crimes.

When they question Zeke Rizzo—who is a Breedline, born with the curse of a sin-eater, and owner of the Cat Club—about a woman they’d found brutally murdered near his bar, one of Zeke’s bouncers recognizes the victim after Detective Perkins shares her photo from social media. He also confirms the victim left the bar around midnight with a guy that oddly resembled the famous actor, Jason Momoa. 

Before the detectives leave, Zeke gives them a copy of the bar’s video surveillance, hoping it would help with their investigation.

As the detectives exit the club, Zeke found himself confronted by a beautiful woman he’d saw earlier hanging out in the VIP section with an older gentleman. After introducing herself as Callisto and that she was every man’s dream, she asked him to spend the night with her. Zeke refused her proposition, but she was not the type to take no for an answer, and grabbed his arm. At the same time he realized she was not human and craved human blood, he got a glimpse into her past, using his sin-eater skills. What he saw nearly brought him to his knees. She’d been trapped alive for years in some kind of sarcophagus. At the same time Zeke questioned her about his vision, Callisto’s brother, Apollyon, interrupted their conversation and warned Zeke to keep his sister’s past to himself.

When the detectives find another body with the same MO, they contact Zeke before they head back to his bar for more questions. As they arrive, Zeke found himself caught off guard by Apollyon, who was furious after he found out Zeke spoke to the detectives and cut his throat just as his head of security, Yelena, and the detectives walked in, witnessing everything. Before Apollyon used his powers and disappeared, he took Yelena with him.

When the detectives question Zeke after he mysteriously heals, he refuses to answer their questions and leaves them clueless to what they’d just encountered.
As the detectives report to another crime scene, they discover another suspect after reviewing the surveillance video. Their next step was to visit the owner of several popular bars in the area who happened to be Detectives Manuel Sanchez’s nephew, Nathan Gage, hoping he could help identify the suspects. When they arrive at the bar, and explain to the owner what they have discovered, asking him if he’d take a look at the video they retrieved from the crime scene, Nathan becomes worried. He knew something his Uncle Sanchez wasn’t aware of. Not only was Nathan a Breedline, he knew his uncle was born with the same genetics but it was kept a secret. Now, he was faced with a difficult decision. In order to keep his uncle safe, he would have to go against the Breedline law and tell him everything.

Now that both Detectives know about the Breedline, they offer to help them take down the Fury. There next step is to figure out a way to lure them out of their hiding place.


While they ponder on a plan of action, Jace comes up with an idea of putting on a show at Nate’s bar to lure the Fury to them, hoping a crowded bar of humans would do the trick. It would be like ringing a dinner bell to an all-you-can-eat buffet. But the only question was; could they protect all the people while they battled with the hungry trio?   
           
     

Continued . . .

The guys waited in a large room in the back of one of Nate’s top-notch bars, located in the downtown Berkeley area called The Wolf’s Lair. The seconds ticked into minutes until finally the door opened and Nate stuck his head in.

“Five minutes, guys,” yelled Nate, opening the door wider. “Almost show time.” He clapped his hands high in the air. “Let’s go.”

As Jem stepped out of the dressing room with the other band members following close behind, he blinked rapidly as if he was waking up in the middle of a bad dream. His thoughts weighed heavily on his mind. Putting all those people in danger was something he’d never even think of doing, but they had no choice. The Breedline were desperate to finally put an end to the cold-blooded massacre in the city. Using humans to lure the Fury out of hiding was their only resort. And a crowd like this was precisely what Jace had described a week ago. It would be like ringing a dinner bell to an all-you-can-eat buffet.

He ran a hand through his long hair and blew out a deep breath.

“Let’s do this!” Jace blurted, clapping a hand on Jem’s shoulder, as they moved toward the stage. “Come on, brother.”   

The atmosphere suddenly charged with excitement when Chaos was introduced, and the crowd roared as they stepped out to face all their fans.

Close by, and spread amongst the sea of people, were Roman’s crew, and Lieutenant Colonel Deshazo’s team. Strung with weapons, they stood back in the shadows waiting.

Still healing from her injuries, Lena decided to sit this one out and hang back with the other women in the Covenant. 

Drakon and Zeke monitored the security cameras. Tim, Steven, and Alexander hung back at the bar, trying their best not to stand out in the crush of people.

On the top level of the bar, Detective Sanchez and his partner Detective Perkins watched as the crowd below cheered and shouted when the band took the stage.  

Women stood in awe, their mouths agape as Jace’s hands moved over the strings of his electric guitar like he was a god. They practically melted when he began to sing the words to “Burn It to the Ground” by Nickelback.  The raspy sound of his voice was crisp despite the noise of the crowd. Behind the drums, Jem joined him for the chorus, their voices melding perfectly. It was as if everyone was drawn to them on some cosmic level.

Kyle played the acoustic bass guitar, and Casey worked his magic on the keyboards, driving the crowd crazy.

The place was already packed and more arrived as they performed.

A few days ago, Nate had announced that Chaos would be performing in concert at one of his popular bars, and tickets sold out the following day. Even though the show was a sell-out, there was a line of fans a mile long waiting outside for the band to exit the building. And most of them were women, shouting Jace’s name.

The lights dimmed and stunned silence broke out into thunderous applause as Jace dedicated the next song to his wife, Tessa. As his hands moved over the guitar strings, his soulful voice broke out into her favorite song, “‘Your Arms Feel Like Home”’ by 3 Doors Down.

“I think I walked to close to love and now I’m falling in.
 I felt so many things this weary soul can’t take.
 Maybe you just caught me by surprise.
 The first time that I looked into your eyes.”  
 
When he finished the ballad, the noise that came after was deafening. Fans shouted and cheered so loud, it sounded as if the roof was going to come down.

While the band played, Drakon and Zeke kept their eyes on the security cameras located on the second floor above the crowded bar.

“Looks like we got their attention,” Drakon said, pointing at one of the monitors. “We’ve got company.”

As Zeke focused on the images, he recognized two females moving through the front entrance.

“I don’t see our guy,” Drakon said as he unclipped his phone from his belt. “I’m going to give everyone a heads-up. If Apollyon doesn’t show, our plans may change.”

Zeke shot to his feet. “Wish me luck. If the two sisters separate, I may be able to get Callisto alone.”

“Good luck, buddy,” Drakon said to Zeke as he stepped out of the room. With no time to spare, Drakon made a call to Tim’s cell.  
      
Chaos played for almost two hours, then it was announced that another big-name artist would take the stage. When the four of them exited, security men cleared a path as a tidal wave of fans backstage swamped them, women screaming their names. Hurrying through a maze of hallways, they managed to get back to their dressing room in one piece. 

Inside waiting, Nate’s voice carried, despite the screams coming from the fans outside.

“Guys, that was freakin’ amazing,” Nate said with a smile. “Another sold-out show.” And then his gaze darted to the partially open doorway as Alexander made his way inside. 

“We’ve got company,” he said.

The sound of Alexander’s voice decreased the happy mood, and everyone shifted their eyes to him.

“All three of them?” Jem asked.

Alexander shook his head. “Just the two females,” he replied. “Drakon just spotted them on the security cameras. He sent me to give you guys a heads-up. So far, Apollyon is a no-show.”

“Shit—” Jace cursed, knowing things were about to go down. “What’s our plan now?”   
  
“Zeke went after Callisto to see if he can lure her to a secluded place. Drakon’s keeping a watch on the cameras,” Alexander explained. “He said it’s obvious that both sisters are scoping the place over like a menu at a restaurant. We need to make damn sure that no one becomes a meal. In the meantime, we’re going to hang tight and wait to see if our guy shows.”
 
****

Unable to stay still, Callisto pushed through the crush of people and long-legged it to the bar. Unfortunately, the place was so crowded that it was difficult to spot the kind of male she was after—but that didn’t mean she was ready to throw in the towel.

Callisto took a seat in a darkened corner of the bar, and let her need for sex waft out from her body. And whaddya know, every guy that walked by looked in her direction.

As they looked her up and down, she couldn’t stop herself from thinking of them as a tasty snack.  
    
A male bartender came over and said, “What can I get you, beautiful?”

He was good-looking in a way that caught her attention. Tanned skin, hair was long and pulled back into a ponytail, and his body was banging. 

“They give you any breaks in this place?” Callisto said in a sultry voice.

“Yeah.” He smiled. “They do.”

“When?”

“Ten minutes.”

She grinned, the tips of her fangs barely visible. “Where can I have you?” 

His eyes widened at her bold question. “Where do you want me?”

“Between my thighs,” she purred. 

He glanced around the bar. When his eyes swung back, he looked her up and down, and pictured her long legs wrapped around his hips. He instantly hardened. “There’s a small room in the back with a lock on the door.”

The conversation between Callisto and the bartender about hooking up was hushed and quiet, but it wasn’t a business transaction. He figured she wasn’t a whore, just a red-blooded woman who needed a good lay just like he did.

“What’s your name?”

“Callisto,” she told him.

He smiled bigger, like this was more fun than he’d had on his shift for, like ever. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Callisto. My name is Colin, and I’ll see you in ten minutes.”

She winked at him. “I’ll be waiting, Colin.”

With things set, he walked away, his body humming. 

Exactly ten minutes later, a silky voice whispered in Callisto’s ear. “Ready?”

She looked up at him with glimmering golden eyes and smiled.

Colin reached out and grasped her hand. “Come with me,” he said on a dark drawl.

On the far side of the bar, Steven watched as the bartender hurriedly escorted Callisto in the back. As he shot to his feet, he looked toward Tim, motioning him over.  
  
Colin led Callisto through a narrow hallway in the back. The door at the end was marked with a discreet Staff Only sign, and he ushered her inside with no patience whatsoever.

She followed him into the room that was stocked with shelves of liquor, a few tables and chairs, and a small desk nearby. No pictures, no paint on the walls, just old, brick and concrete floors. But it wasn’t like she’d come here to enjoy the scenery—only his flesh.

He backed her up against the desk. “If anyone catches us, you’re here for a job interview, okay?”

Callisto shrugged her shoulders and said, “Sure, whatever,” provided that, no one walked in on them, because hooking up wasn’t the only thing on her mind. 

“We’ve got twenty minutes,” he said, putting his arms around her waist.

Callisto took his mouth like she was going to take the rest of him, her tongue extending and finding his; tasting and savoring.

In response, he growled and moved his hands down to the bottom of her skirt and popped it up. Underneath, she wore a black lace thong. With eager hands, he spun her around, her hair swinging in a circle as he bent her over the desk.

She moaned as he pulled down the tiny scrap of material from her waist and slid it down to her ankles. Colin had to pause and collect himself at the sound of her moaning voice because all he could imagine was sliding inside her warm, wet folds.

The sound of his zipper caught her breath, and she flinched at the warmth of his skin as it came up against her hips.

Colin hissed at the rightness of the sensation. He battled the urge to grab her by the hips and slam into her. “Tell me what you want.” His voice was nothing more than a growl. “I’ll give you anything.”

The need for his blood was so great that Callisto was a little shaken by it. “Colin,” she gasped. “Take me.” His name on her lips . . . a throaty wisp . . .

The sight of her, the sounds she made, both pushed him past all reason. He couldn’t wait a minute longer. With trembling hands, he tore the foil from a condom and rolled it over the length of him. Just as Colin was about to push inside her, he froze when the door burst open.

“Shit!” he cursed, fumbling with his pants.

“Nice timing,” Callisto said under her breath, looking over her shoulder.

Colin did up the front of his pants and backed away from Callisto. As he turned around, Steven’s already icy eyes narrowed into slits.

“Who the freak are you?”

“Get the hell out of here,” Steven said in a slightly distorted voice.

Colin crossed his arms and glared at Steven. “Excuse me? Didn’t you read the sign on the door? This is for employees only.”

Tim came forward and put his face right in the guy’s grille. “You heard what he said.” He pointed to the door. “Get out.”

He glanced over his shoulder at Callisto as she smoothed her skirt back down. Her cheeks were still flushed from her heated arousal. “Do you know these guys?”

With her lips pursed, she shook her head.

Colin started flapping his lips, but his threats didn’t get him far.

“Trust me,” Tim said. “We’re doing you a favor, buddy. Please, just go.”

“Fine,” Colin grumbled. He threw up his hands in defeat and moved to the door. “I’m calling Nate, who happens to own the place.”

Tim cocked a brow. “Yeah, you go ahead and do that. We’re friends of his, and I’m sure he’d like to know one of his employees is hooking up with the customers during work hours.”

Colin’s eyes widened. “H-hey,” he stumbled with his words, shaking his head. “L-let’s talk about this. I’m sure we can come to some kind of understanding.”

“Leave us and go back to your job,” Tim said. “We’ve got some questions to ask your friend here.”

“Sure.” Colin quickly bobbed his head up and down. “Take your time.”   
  
When he left the room, Steven and Tim looked to Callisto as if they wanted to wrap their hands around her scrawny throat.

There was a tense silence while Callisto measured the distance between the two Breedline and the door.

Steven’s teeth ground audibly together. “Don’t even think about it,” he said. “You’re not going anywhere.”

With her hands on her hips, Callisto rolled her eyes. “What do you want with me?” The voice she spoke with was smooth and slightly accented.

This woman deserved to die on too many levels to count, Steven thought to himself. “Cut the shit,” he said. “We know what you are.”

A muscle ticked under her eye, a clear sign that she was nervous. “Sorry, sweetie,” she smirked. “You’ve got the wrong girl. I’m not a prostitute.”

****

On the other side of the crowded bar, Electra could sense her sister’s danger. Her skin was crawling. Using her telepathic connection with Apollyon, she called out to him for help.

“We need your help, brother. Our sister is in trouble. The Breedline have Callisto cornered.”

Apollyon woke to the sound of his sister’s voice. It was crisp and clear inside his head. The idea of the Breedline bringing harm upon his family made his features crease in anger. He bit the inside of his cheek until he tasted blood and sent a mental message back to Electra.

“It’s time.” Apollyon’s tone was dark and demanding. “Time to take over this world and finally take what belongs to us.”   

Before he got out of bed, Apollyon turned to Yelena, who was sleeping next to him. And for a moment, he wondered what fate lay ahead.
Would he finally find peace from the demons tormenting his soul, or would he surrender himself entirely over to the dark side?

“You’re awake,” she said.

He glanced over, his eyes glittering in the darkness. When he didn’t reply, Yelena reached out to him. “Something’s wrong, isn’t it?”

Apollyon drew incredible reserves of strength from her touch.

He sighed. “I have to go out for a while.”

“Are you going to . . . take a human life?”

There was a long silence—filled with the pounding of her heart. On so many levels, she couldn’t imagine ever falling in love with someone like Apollyon. He was an enemy to the Breedline—and there was, in fact, a side to him that was monstrous . . . a savage killer. But she couldn’t deny her feelings. She’d fallen in love with him. 

Avoiding her question, he leaned in and brushed his lips against hers.

“Go back to sleep,” he murmured, and then pulled away.

As he moved to his feet, Yelena said, “Apollyon . . . you’re not a monster. I’ve seen the part of you that is good. Please.” Her voice pleaded in a beautiful Russian accent. “Leave this unholy quest of yours behind. Stay with me.”

Meeting her eyes steadily, he said with an even tone, “I know what I am, Yelena. Don’t make me out to be something I’m not.” Cursed was the way he saw it. “But it doesn’t mean that I don’t love you.”

“Please, Apollyon . . .”

“I’m sorry.” Apollyon looked down, avoiding eye contact. He didn’t want her to see the weakness he knew was in his face. “I have to go.”

For the first time in a long, long while, he desperately wished that he was someone else . . . someone who deserved her love.

Tears stung her eyes, his words breaking her heart. It was as if he was saying a final goodbye.

She expected him to dematerialize. Instead, he gave her his back and walked out the door.

Yelena shut her eyes and thought, No, no, this is not how it ends. It just can’t be.  

To be continued . . .
 




 




NOTE: This is not part of the chapter. A reference for terms and cast of characters, especially for new readers:

BREEDLINE - A species of humans that have the ability to change from human form into a wolf. They are not like the old legend of the Lycanthropy myth. Breedline species can shift into their wolf at will. The moon has no power over them. They do not pass their ability to other humans with a bite or scratch like the Lycanthropy myth.
The Breedline gene is passed down to offspring that are born identical twins. Although they live among humans, their species must be kept secret.
In wolf form, they have super-strength, speed, and heightened senses. Compared to humans, Breedlines have tremendous advantages when it comes to health. Their bodies heal fast and are not subject to illnesses or diseases. The only thing that slows their healing process is silver. It is their kryptonite. Besides old age, a silver bullet to the brain is the only thing deadly to the species.
All males change into their wolf at the age of eighteen. Females do not go through the change until they make love to their Breedline bonded mate.

BREEDLINE TWINS - Identical twins that are born from either one or both parents of the Breedline species. They have a strong, unbreakable bond from birth, are born with telepathic abilities, and have the power to sense the other's emotions or injuries. In some cases, the bond between twins is so strong that if one dies, the other twin may pass on, especially if they don't have a mate.

BREEDLINE BONDING - The male Breedline spends their life in search of their bonded mate. When the male comes in contact with her, he instantly feels a simultaneous, desirable attraction and she becomes the most important thing in his life. He is there to love, protect, and cherish her until death. Once they are mated, they bond for life. It is possible for them to have more than one mate in their lifespan.

BELOVED - A word used by a Breedline to express the bond to their mate.

DOUBLE BONDED - In some cases, male Breedline twins bond with the same female but one will carry a stronger bond. Usually one of them must sacrifice for the other twin.

BREEDLINE COVENANT - The Breedline species must live within the boundaries of a Covenant, which is only formed with their species. The Covenant is governed and ruled by a head council. The council keeps their laws in order and oversees the species population.

THE BREEDLINE QUEEN - Over centuries, the Breedline Covenant is ruled by a true queen. If there is no queen living, the Covenants are governed by an appointed head council until another one is born. A Breedline queen is born once every one hundred years. Her massive stature, black fur, and red eyes are the queen's trademarks. Her alpha wolf has twice the strength, speed, and size of any Breedline. The queen is expected to rule over all the Breedline Covenants where she will be respected and obeyed by all Breedline. This is their absolute True Law.

THE QUEEN'S RING - This ring has been passed down to all Breedline queens for generations. When the new queen places the ring on, it instantly shifts in size to fit her finger.

TRUE LAW - All Breedline Covenants have an ancient book of laws. If either sex disobeys the Breedline laws, they can be shunned, or no longer protected by their Covenant. If a Breedline takes another life out of revenge, or evil - other than protecting their life, and the life of another - they will never have the ability to shift back into human form and cast out as a rogue wolf.

ROGUE WOLF - A Breedline shunned by their Covenant for taking another life out of revenge or evil and forced to live as a wolf until death without the ability to change into human form again. Some rogue wolves form into packs, which can be dangerous for other Breedline species.

RED (BLOOD) MOON - When the full moon passes through the amber shadow of the earth, producing a midnight eclipse visible across North America. So begins a lunar eclipse tetrad, a series of four consecutive total eclipses occurring at approximately six-month intervals. This incredible light beams into the heart of earth's shadow, filling it with a coppery glow and transforming the moon into a great red orb. During this time, all Breedline species that are mated have a strong desire to create an offspring. This is also a time when Breedline females are more fertile for the conception of twins.

CHIANG-SHIH DEMON (Kiang shi, a.k.a. Ramael Arminius) - An ancient demon that inhabits the body of a Breedline fetus before it's born or during a Breedline's death. It continues to take the soul over the natural lifespan of the child, or the deceased Breedline. When the demon possesses a fetus, it breaks the bonding and telepathic abilities of their twin when they are born. If the demon possesses a deceased Breedline's body, it must do so before the soul passes on. If the soul is not intact, the body will soon die.
In most cases, the Chiang-Shih demon will take the life of the other twin, even before their birth. The twin that is born with the demon will bring only evil to whomever they encounter. Their sole purpose is to gain full control of another soul and seek world domination.
There are two ways the demon is cast from the soul it possesses: by its first-born son, and the Angel of Mercy, Zadkiel. The Beast is the only one who can kill a Chiang-Shih demon.

THE BEAST - He is the second born son of the Chiang-Shih demon. When provoked into a rage, he will shift into his Beast instead of his Breedline wolf. The Beast is an enormous, dangerous two-footed creature that has wolf like features. One bite has enough venom to kill the Chiang-Shih demon and leave the soul of the person the demon possessed unharmed.

SHADOW WALKER (a.k.a. Shadow Figure, or Black Mass) - The perception of a patch of shadow as a living, humanoid figure, particularly interpreted by the Breedline as the presence of a malevolent entity. When a Breedline species dies and does not pass on to the other side, they are left to roam the earth as a shadow of themselves - a ghost. They will not pass on until they have settled unfinished business before their death.

ZADKIEL (Tzadqiel, a.k.a. 'Righteousness of God') - The archangel of freedom, benevolence, and mercy, and the patron angel of all who forgives. Breedline species tradition considers him to be the Angel of Mercy.

SUCCUBUS (a.k.a. CREEPERS) - Creatures that search for and feeds off the blood of the Breedline species. Creepers are skilled at extreme sexual pleasure, and the ecstasy they create is exceedingly intense and highly addictive. They cast off a scent that hypnotizes Breedlines into overwhelming sexual urges. They use their human-like bodies and beautiful features to control and influence their thoughts.
They have the ability to reach into the Breedline's mind during sleep, casting a spell of dreams about sexual contact or intercourse. One much less obvious manifestation of Creepers is nightmares - realistic, graphic, terrifying nightmares that rob the Breedline of sleep. Over a period, it can lead to severe fatigue and depression, leaving them emotionally and spiritually drained. Death can occur if they ultimately take over the Breedline's body.

HALF-BREED - This species is born with the genes from both Breedline and succubus. They can bond with either a full-blood Breedline or another half-breed. They cannot change into the Breedline wolf, but they do need blood from them to survive. With the power to hypnotize, most Breedlines have minimal respect and credence toward the half-breed species.

WICCA (or Wise One) - According to the Breedline species, a Wicca is the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts, and necromancy. A Wicca is also considered to be a demonic spirit. It is unclear to the Breedline if they act under the orders of the devil, or they are simply not understood and treated as outcasts. They can do white magic (good) or dark (evil).

KATAKO (a.k.a. Lucas or Dark Shadow) - He is the Chiang-Shih demon's offspring that is born both Breedline and Wiccan. After one year, the Katako develops into an adult with the mind of a child, without reaching full maturity. It has the power to appear translucent, or become completely invisible. Being born half-Breedline, it can shift into a wolf and transform, or mimic another creature with the power to instantly travel from one place to another. Their true purpose of creation is to bring forth the souls stuck in purgatory by using one drop of its blood. Tessa Fairchild - the Breedline queen - destroyed the Katako in battle using the deadly venom of her Breedline wolf.

GOLEMS (a.k.a. the Death Army) - Evil creatures created by dark Wiccans with the power of necromancy. By releasing the souls of demons stuck in purgatory, the Wicca can give them the ability to shape into a creature that is made from earth. These creatures have various qualities, such as mass strength, enormous stature, and the power to consume their victims by saturating them with mud.

GUARDIANS (a.k.a. Spirits of the Forest) - They originated during the Middle Ages with the purpose of protecting all creatures, especially the Breedline, from the destruction of any creation made by a dark Wicca. They can stay invisible with the power to move through any barrier and over any distance instantly.

THERIOMORPH - This species is born with the genes of a Breedline, but cannot change into a Breedline wolf. They shape shift into an enormous black panther. They possess powers of mind manipulation and random visions of the future. They must use the drug dopamine to suppress their urges. Their eye color shifts into a bright lavender when their Theriomorph nature takes over. The Breedline see them as a threat to their species.

ADALWOLF - A species that has the power to shift from their human form into a beautiful creature, twice the size, resembling half man and half wolf. Born with super-strength, they can move from one place to another in supernatural speed. Their eyes take on the appearance of two shimmering diamonds. With the power to regenerate their own cells, an Adalwolf will stop aging at thirty. The moon has no power over them. An Adalwolf is immune to silver. They can bond with any species.

LUPA - The ancestors descended from the old legend of the lycanthrope, except the moon has no power over them and it cannot be passed on to others like a virus. It is passed on through genetics to the female offspring, known as a she-wolf. This type of creature shape-shifts into a therianthropic hybrid wolf-like creature, and is considered dangerous... cursed.

Jace Chamberlain (a.k.a. the Beast) - He is a Breedline species and later discovers his birth father - who is possessed by the Chiang-Shih demon - murdered his mother when he and his twin brother were four years old. Raised by their new foster family and their Uncle Jacks, he later discovers he was born with a curse of the Beast. With the help of his twin brother, Jem, and his bonded mate, Tessa, they help him cope with his rage to keep the Beast at bay. He's an IT engineer and is the lead singer and plays acoustic guitar in the band Chaos.

Jem Chamberlain (a.k.a. the Chosen Son) - He is a Breedline species and Jace's twin brother. He carries the gene of the Chiang-Shih demon that gives him the power to create a portal and a force of electric energy used as a weapon and other powers he discovers later. His bonded mate is Mia Blackwood. He's an IT engineer and the drummer in the band Chaos.

Tessa Fairchild - She was born into the human world and later discovers she's a Breedline. Abandoned by her parents, she was raised by her aunt and uncle without the knowledge of being born a twin. After she meets Jace, they become bonded mates. During her first change into her Breedline wolf, she became the new Breedline queen. She is an inspiring artist.

Alexander Crest - He is a Breedline who was possessed by the Chiang-Shih demon before birth. Murdering his family, Alexander kidnapped his twin's bonded mate, Katlyn Gray. Keeping her prisoner against her will, she becomes pregnant with his twins. As she managed to escape before she gave birth, Alexander eventually kills her in a fit of rage. Returning for his chosen son twenty-two years later, he is determined to convince him to join his army. After the battle between the Breedline, the demon is finally cast out of Alexander, setting his soul free. For the demon's past crimes, Alexander is pardoned and must reside in the Breedline Covenant. Praying for forgiveness, he reunites with his twin sons, Jace and Jem. As he fights to keep his new family safe, romance blossoms with Dr. Helen Carrington.

Tim Ross - He is a Breedline species and head council of the California Covenant. Angel, his bonded mate - who is a half-breed - has Tim's daughter they named Natalie, after her sister.

Kyle Jones - He is a Breedline species that resides in the California Covenant. Having lost his family to a house fire at childhood, his Uncle Tim Ross has raised him since. Celina Baldolf is his bonded mate. He's a mechanic and also Jace and Jem's close friend, and plays bass in the rock band Chaos.

Casey Barton - He was born of the Breedline species, and lives in the California Covenant. He was adopted by Tim Ross's brother and carries a deep dark secret, afraid to reveal to the Breedline he was born a Theriomorph. He is a clothing model and plays backup bass and keyboards in the band Chaos.

Drakon Hexus - He is a Breedline species. At a young age, his first bonded mate was killed by her father. In a rage, he hunts and kills her murderer, breaking the Breedline's True Law. Shunned by his Covenant and forced to live as a rogue wolf, he's promised his humanity back if he joins the Chiang-Shih demon's army. After Drakon discovers the demon's plans to destroy all humans and half-breeds, he betrays him and joins forces with the Breedline. As time passes, he bonds with another mate, Cassie Chamberlain.

Nathan Gage (a.k.a. Nate) - He is a Breedline and the owner of several upscale night clubs in the largest metropolitan areas of Northern California.

Zeke Rizzo - He is a Breedline, born with a curse of a sin-eater, and the owner of the Cat Club. When coming in physical contact with another person, he has the power to see inside their past, experiencing their worst memory. A simple handshake seems like nothing to an ordinary person, but to Zeke, it is unbearable. Without the ability to stop it, he is also the worst case of karma. If anyone angers him, an unfortunate accident can fall upon them.

Yelena Smirnov - A full-blooded succubus from Russia. She is in charge of security at the Cat Club. She is bonded to Apollyon, who was taken by the battle angels along with his fraternal twin sisters, Callisto, and Electra.

Roman Kincaid - He is an Adalwolf trained in military tactics, hired as a special breed of warriors from Brazil. Hired as a bodyguard for Valkin Steele - a billionaire funding a group of unethical scientists research - he later learns of Steele's underground sex-trafficking and illegal drug and weapons trade, and informs the Breedline Covenant. He also forms a team of Breedline soldiers who work for a private Special Ops group contracted by the military for missions that no one else can or will do to help put an end to Valkin Steele's corrupt organization.

Lawrence Colbert - A Breedline council member of the New Jersey Covenant, trained in military tactics and as a medic who worked alongside Roman Kincaid, the Special Ops Team, and the Breedline Covenant to help take down Valkin Steele.

Lena - She is a Breedline, highly trained in survival skills, martial arts, and anything dealing with weapons, hand-to-hand combat, and hired by Roman Kincaid to help take down Valkin Steele. She oddly resembles the character Xena the Warrior Princess from the 80's television series. She is also Bull's little sister and is bonded to Justice.

Bull (a.k.a. Benjamin Allen Calvero ) - He is a Breedline, highly trained and an expert in a variety of military tactics who is part of Roman Kincaid's team. He gets his nickname because of his size.

Justice - He is a Breedline, highly trained in military tactics, an expert with explosives, hand-to-hand combat, sniper training, and a pilot, who is part of Roman Kincaid's team.

The Fury - Three fraternal twins created by an evil German scientist named Dr. Hans Autenburg. Using his own DNA, he mixed it with three other species: A Breedline, an Adalwolf, and a powerful Wiccan. He placed three embryos inside the womb of a full-blooded succubus, named Sonya Hothburn. Taken against her will, Sonya was forced by the mad physician into surrogacy. After their birth, she was forbidden to see her children.
All three were created to destroy the Breedline species and dominate the human world. The first born was called Apollyon, meaning 'destroyer' in Greek. It was also the name of the angel-prince of the infernal regions, the minister of death and author of havoc on earth. He has the strength of ten men, and the power to dematerialize, taking others with him, from one place to another. He can transform into a creature that resembles an Adalwolf, and a vampire-like hybrid. The second born was called Callisto, meaning 'most beautiful.' She has the power of a shield, protecting herself and others from harm. The last child was named Electra, meaning 'the shining one.' She has the power to conduct electricity from her body, using it as a weapon. Inheriting their species instinct and extraordinary power, their thirst to kill became uncontrollable. As they grew up, the Fury became more and more unstable and unruly. With an insatiable hunger for human flesh and unmanageable powers, they became a hindrance to the physician. He had no other choice but to drug and imprison them for all time, each one placed inside a sarcophagus in a state of deep slumber to be forgotten forever until they were set free by their mother.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. scongrove All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
scongrove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.