General Non-Fiction posted January 26, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
One is never alone with God's presence in his/her life.

Be Still

by moonsunrise


Growing up one of my favorite biblical quotes was "Be still and know that I am God". This quote always resonated with me whether I was sad, angry or happy. It gave me the confidence and security of knowing that God was always with me and ever present whenever I needed Him. I never felt alone. Last October I underwent a right rotator cuff surgery repair consisting of two tears and a bone spur. Though the surgery was a success I endured a lot of pain and found it very difficult to sleep at night because of the position I had to be in. One night I was very discouraged and in pain so I decided to go downstairs to the den to recline and watch TV. While perusing the channels I came across my mother's (now deceased), favorite program, EWTN. As I sat watching tears began to stream down my face. I closed my eyes and remembered again this favorite biblical quote that I have carried in my heart and soul since my younger days, "Be still and know that I am God". I kept repeating the words over and over again while also adding "I am your refuge and your strength". Suddenly, I felt this overwhelming feeling of peace come over me. I began to offer this pain to the Lord for my loved ones, friends and all those in need of spiritual, physical and emotional healing. The pain all of a sudden became more bearable as I felt comforted in knowing that this would pass and my health would be restored. I just needed to be still and patient knowing that God would truly work in my life. In summary, I know that physical therapy and my amazing physical therapist helped speed along my recovery (surgery healing time is usually six months to one year for this type of surgery) but most importantly I believe that my total submission to God's will along with my faith, positive thinking and favorite quote written in my heart were first and foremost the main reason for my quick recovery.




Write about an inspirational quote writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Do you have a quote sitting on your desk at home or at work that has great meaning to you? How about on your wall or in a journal? Write about one quote that has made a difference in your life and tell us about that (250-500 words).
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by willie at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. moonsunrise All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
moonsunrise has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.