Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted January 24, 2019 Chapters:  ...9 12 -15- 16... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a tense , scary movie

A chapter in the book Earl's Book of Lists 2

Bird Box

by pome lover




Background
Sandra Bulluck in Bird Box is blind folded 99 percent of the time. good acting.
I just saw Bird Box on Netflix. Was by myself - no one to share it with. and as much as I hate scary movies, this was a good one - kept me in knots through the whole thing, but strangely, I liked it.

But now, I'd like to tell you about a movie I saw recently at the theater that was the best movie I have seen in years, called "Upside." That is one you should not miss. I absolutely loved it. It takes an unfortunate situation and has some hysterical scenes and lines. Great movie.

As far as favorite actors - I've always loved ole Gregory Peck - Roman Holiday with Audrey Hepburn, Big Country (I think) with Jean Simmons and Burl Ives, and The Guns of Navarrone, etc.
Also Ryan Gosling - even in the recent musical, La La Land or whatever it was.
I've always like Robert Duvall, too, and ole Tommy Lee Jones. I like Gerard Butler because he is just too cute!

Female Actresses - lessee - Sandra Bullock, Carol Burnett, Helen Mirren, Audrey and Katharine Hepburn, Judy Dench, I'm not fonda Jane, either - actually I used to like some I don't anymore because they have foul language when they get political - really ugly. don't go to see them anymore. as far as Sally Fields and Burt Reynolds, I think she would've married him in a minute, but I think he dumped her. I did like both of them. He was funny.

I'm a musical lover, and some old ones that I loved are Guys and Dolls, with Marlon Brando, Frank Sinatra and Jean Simmons - terrific; Paint Your Wagon - Clint Eastwood, and Lee Marvin,
Camelot - Richard Harris and Vanessa Redgrave; Mary Poppins - I know, I know, but Dick van Dyke and Julie Andrews were wonderful; My Fair Lady, Sound of Music, Chicago - the movie, Music Man - the movie, The King and I with Yul Brynner and Deborah Kerr, and others. Wonderful singers as well as actors (except for old Marlon - but he gave it a go.)
And that's about all I can come up with for now. will probably think of more during the night, but the brain has closed down for today.
Night, pome lover




my lists added in Earl's book, though they're not complete. Why can't you think of people when you want to? Maybe later.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Multi-Author Book
Add Chapter
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pome lover All rights reserved.
pome lover has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.