Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted January 25, 2019 Chapters:  ...32 33 -34- 35... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
This Story Is About Being A Poet. And Now....

A chapter in the book Free For All.

You'll Know It.

by rhonnie69

My, "inspirational quote," is....

"POETRY: The satisfaction of springing at last...
The obstinate words...into the stubborn line."
**By poet laureate...
Sir, John Holmes.**

This poet's, "inspirational quote," has made a difference;
in how I think of, feel, see, and write poetry today.

Here is the primary division of this script. It pertains to the writing of proper English;
re...punctuation, spelling, grammar, etc. while writing poetry.

People often tell me: "Rhonnie, you are a poet." If people say that I am...then perhaps I am.
If I say that I'm a poet...perhaps I'm not.

I have engaged in an in-depth study of the art of poetry over my years. In that...I've discovered that not many people understand how the art of poetry works. A true poet writes, HIS, heart...without being confined to writing proper English...as some people think he should. There is no, SET, rules by which a poet has to write this kind poetry. He writes how he feels...his way. Poetry expresses poetic qualities however manifested.

Many people don't realize what a script is. Written poetry is script. When a poet writes his poem, he has written a script. A script is, ANY, system of writing. Like poet laureate, Sir John Holmes, nothing hinders me in writing my poetry, more than having to, "PULL PUNCHES," and follow any rules of writing proper English. This impedes the magic in the poet's expression of the way he feels about what he is writing about. It's like telling a bird which way to fly after it takes to wing.

***************************************************************************************************************
The following script pertains to poetry that is controlled by what is called, "writing prompts."
Here, the poet is challenged to write his poetry and follow the rules and regulations given to him by a writing prompt.

I admire the premise of this manner of writing poetry. It challenges my ability to, "BEND," and follow certain rules and regulations; and yet portray my versatility in the manner of how I express my poetry, effectively, and then, "SPRING BACK; to my initial technique. I get my chance to show my poetic resilience. I like that.

Writing poetry by writing prompt gives me the opportunity to show my readers that, quote:
"I possess the ability to dance on, "writing prompt," water...and not get wet."

This is an additional, "Inspirational quote," made up, by me. Thank you reader...for viewing my work here. You are appreciated. Cordially: rhonnie69.




"Poetry is somewhat, like a sentence. It is a group of words that expresses a complete thought."
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. rhonnie69 All rights reserved.
rhonnie69 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.